Hi!

I'm new to BB.
    I rely on my BB for instant push email.

Recently, I realize when the BIS service is down,
    I can't receive any emails although I can still browse.

Is there a way to check my mails without BIS...
    something like an app to query for new mails
    every 5 minutes or something?

Thanks!
    crackbeq
    10-06-10 02:01 PM
    if BIS is down, there is no internet........ a query program will not work because it does not have internet access.

do you still have WAP access when BIS is down and does your provider charge you for WAP or is it counted towards your BIS data plan?
    10-06-10 02:08 PM
    That is true, when BlackBerry Internet Service is down, nobody receives Email, Messenger or normal Internet Browser.

The good news is, BlackBerry service is very reliable with well over 99.99% uptime over the past several years. That included scheduled maintenance outages that are normaly done during the late night hours in North America.

Unintentional outages are so rare, they make International news when it happens. In the vast majority of cases, service is restored within a couple of hours.

Even more rare, a BlackBerry Enterprise Server outage. That did happen last December, a side effect of releasing a new BlackBerry Messenger build with out adequate stress testing... that won't happen again.
    10-06-10 02:09 PM
    Strange, I'm using BB 9700. There are times when the BIS icon is missing but I can still browse and use BBM.

Is this normal?
    10-06-10 02:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD