I can't seem to find a way to totally quit an app instantly in OS7. If I'm using an app like App World and navigate to a particular app i want to download and then download it. I then select close but it only close the current page. Sometimes I have to select close 4 or 5 times till it closes all the "pages" and finally quits the app. Am I missing something?

I've tried doing a battery pull to see if that helps but no change.

thx
    02-03-12 01:00 PM
    App world is one of those rare apps that doesn't just close out. Most apps will close by closeing out.or hitting the back button. If it helps out don't use the menu to close it. Just keep hitting the back button.
    len5 likes this.
    02-03-12 01:09 PM
    Yeah, app world is like that. Just keep hitting the back button as already stated.
    02-03-12 02:09 PM
    Yeah pressing menu > close will only close the current screen in some apps, it's always easiest to back out of apps using the back button...
    len5 likes this.
    02-03-12 02:09 PM
    That is because you have opened many windows within app world at that point. You can press the escape (return) key several times. App world is one that will close completely using the return key. As stated above.
    02-03-12 02:12 PM
    Camera app also does this.

Not sure why BB doesn't put in a quit command that will quit any app no matter where in the application the users is. Oh well...

thx
    02-04-12 01:36 PM
    App World closes each individual page when you use the "Close" Menu option. If you use the "End/Power" physical button, the app stays open and will when you reopen that app, you'll be on the same page as when you "closed" it. I'm pretty sure you can hold down the "Back" physical button and that will close (shut down, like the "Close" option) the app completely.
    02-04-12 02:34 PM
    I'm pretty sure you can hold down the "Back" physical button and that will close (shut down, like the "Close" option) the app completely.
    Nope holding the back button down only moves you back 1 page. You have to keep hitting it.
    02-05-12 01:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD