I was just wondering how often I should reset my bb curve 8320. I noticed after a reset my file free is a lot more. I don't have a large memory card not even a 1gb. If I get a larger memory card will it help the memory leakage and improve my bb speed?

Thanks in advance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-08 12:16 AM
    I was just wondering how often I should reset my bb curve 8320. I noticed after a reset my file free is a lot more. I don't have a large memory card not even a 1gb. If I get a larger memory card will it help the memory leakage and improve my bb speed?

Thanks in advance.

I do a battery pull every morning when I wake up, if not at least a couple times a week.
    12-15-08 12:18 AM
    I find that turning my BB off at least once a day helps a lot. I also go in and do the clean-up and clean my net history too.

Obviously, a larger memory card will hold more for you. It may be something to invest in, just so you always have enough room for your pictures, music, etc.
    12-15-08 12:18 AM
    I use Quickpull and I probably do it about once a day or so, sometimes twice, sometimes not at all. Just depends on filefree and if it runs a little sluggish.

QuickPull
    12-15-08 03:27 AM
    I would suggest doing a battery pull whenever your phone starts to run slow. Probably every two to three days.

12-15-08 05:57 AM
    Daily? That seems to be overkill to me. Until 2 days ago I have not
    reset my phone in any way (k/board, battery pull, software) in
    a little over 2 months. And the only reason it reset was the OS
    upgrade required it.
    12-15-08 06:01 AM
    i do a soft reset every 3 days or so.

i also clear my SMS/MMS and emails at those times too.

i only do a battery pull if the phone locks up and a reset does not work.

If your memory card is full,then you might want to get a larger one. Moving all your media onto it such as ringtones, pictures, videos, music will free up your device memory.

You cannot save applications on your memory card though.

i've never had any memory issues;

Last edited by chrisy520; 12-15-08 at 06:15 AM.
    12-15-08 06:08 AM
    I reset my phone about every other day or so, whenever I remember to. I haven't been doing it as much as I used to though.
    12-15-08 06:11 AM
    I only reset if my phone has an app freeze up or the file free gets down to 13xxxxxx. Other than that your just wearing the battery door latch out for nothing.
    12-15-08 06:59 AM
    I never reboot, I think if you close your apps when you are done with them it will save you the hassel. Your BB will reclaim memory on its own if you close out your apps. When I do reboot (can't remember when) I like to use the keyboard.
    12-15-08 11:21 AM
    I never reboot, I think if you close your apps when you are done with them it will save you the hassel. Your BB will reclaim memory on its own if you close out your apps. When I do reboot (can't remember when) I like to use the keyboard.
    I'm the same way. I close the apps out. If my Curve is running slow or just acting kind of weird, then I try power-cycling and then if that doesn't work...then I do the battery pull.

I've never had to do it daily though.
    12-15-08 11:27 AM
    ...I don't have a large memory card not even a 1gb. If I get a larger memory card will it help the memory leakage and improve my bb speed?

Thanks in advance.
    It does not have to be a large memory card, the presence of any size card means space reserved for media can be reclaimed in device memory.

I have a comfortable 24 Mb after a restart. After a weeks typical use, my memory use is very stable at 10 Mb, leaving me 14 Mb in reserve.

Of course, my Curve gets all of the experimental loading and testing, it gets reset regularly.
    12-15-08 11:36 AM
    AS far as a Micro SD card goes... no matter how big the size, it wont stop the BlackBerry from leaking memory. You can save more files to your memory card and save yourself some space, but that wont stop the leaking because the leaking comes from the internal BlackBerry device memory.
    12-15-08 05:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD