I was on a train from London to Newcastle with a few friends, all of which have iPhones apart from one who has an S3 Mini. Because we weren't willing to pay to connect to the train's Wi-Fi, we had to just be content with our mobile networks. The problem was, not one of them had any decent signal. Most of the iPhones had none at all.

Me and my Z10, however, were rocking full 4G signal. Almost all of us were on the same network (EE), so it was a fair comparison. When I told them this they begged for a Mobile Hotspot, so I complied just to prove how my Z10 pwns their iPhones. So there's us, sat on the train browsing the Internet on our phones, all of them stealing my Z10's precious signal because they made the mistake of choosing toys not tools. I can't even begin to explain the satisfaction, especially after they've spent so many weeks ripping me because I've still got a BlackBerry.

The Z10 may not have all the apps in the world, but at least it's a great communications tool.

Thanks for making such an awesome device, BlackBerry

Posted via CB10 on my Z(ed)10
    10-16-13 07:29 PM
    Neat, but except for having signal how exactly did it save the day?
    10-16-13 07:34 PM
    That is awesome. We here in the USA go to the lake. My wife, and 3 daughters have a IPhone and at the lake they have no signal either. My Z10 always has at least 3 bars. They are app people and I use my phone for work so I definitely love my BlackBerry. Can't wait for the Z30 to come out here.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 07:38 PM
    I was on a train from London to Newcastle with a few friends, all of which have iPhones apart from one who has an S3 Mini. Because we weren't willing to pay to connect to the train's Wi-Fi, we had to just be content with our mobile networks. The problem was, not one of them had any decent signal. Most of the iPhones had none at all.

Me and my Z10, however, were rocking full 4G signal. Almost all of us were on the same network (EE), so it was a fair comparison. When I told them this they begged for a Mobile Hotspot, so I complied just to prove how my Z10 pwns their iPhones. So there's us, sat on the train browsing the Internet on our phones, all of them stealing my Z10's precious signal because they made the mistake of choosing toys not tools. I can't even begin to explain the satisfaction, especially after they've spent so many weeks ripping me because I've still got a BlackBerry.

The Z10 may not have all the apps in the world, but at least it's a great communications tool.

Thanks for making such an awesome device, BlackBerry

Posted via CB10 on my Z(ed)10
    Thanks for sharing the story. People often forget that this is really a communications device above all. iPhones were invented, really, for the sole purpose of connectiong to the Appstore and iTunes. Communication functions came a distant second.
    10-16-13 07:46 PM
    Was talking to a client through her iPhone who was in a office building. I couldn't hear a thing from her. She had to call me back from land line. I was polite enough not to ask her to change her phone though. I don't want to mock her.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 07:54 PM
    I have had this a couple of times. Like earlier in the summer when we had that massive black out in Toronto in that storm my phone was the one they had to use to call and organize things at work with. Other phones wither couldn't get a signal or their battery was done.

I remember last year with my 9860, I was the only one with signal, but I don't really link that to the phone so much as the fact I was on bell and everyone else was in rogers.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 10:42 PM
    Was talking to a client through her iPhone who was in a office building. I couldn't hear a thing from her. She had to call me back from land line. I was polite enough not to ask her to change her phone though. I don't want to mock her.

Posted via CB10
    Seems more like a signal problem than a phone problem. My BB and my iPhone got equal coverage no matter where I was.
    10-17-13 02:20 PM
    Should've made your friends tweet, Facebook, and Instagram a pic that they had to "rely on BlackBerry, not their Iphones and Samsungs to surf the web" before you let them tether to your BlackBerry! Lol

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 02:33 PM
    you should intermittently shut off your hotspot just for bashing you, orrr, charge them 1/2 the price of what the rail would charge,,, does this use your data???
    10-17-13 03:11 PM
    What ever happened to talking to your friends? Huh? Lol. Nice save anyway. Yeah I would have made them agree not to make fun of my phone if they want Internet so badly. Either that or pay for it.
    bb624 likes this.
    10-17-13 03:33 PM