I still don't care if it's a blackberry iphone or android. It is too big for a phone and too small for a tablet. To me.
    I don't think I disagree LOL.

Then again, I once thought 4.3 was too big of a screen size.
    01-07-12 03:24 PM
    Your wearing clown pants if a five in screen fits "comfortably " in your pocket. If you want that great. My POINT was wrong forum.

..go to about 14:10 in that video. It fits perfectly fine in my pocket and everyone else's who wear average clothes. Now unless you wear super skinny jeans or your girlfriends kapris then you will have no problem..
    01-07-12 03:41 PM
    There's some insecure members here in crackberry and take great offense if somebody talks or praise another platform other than bb
    01-07-12 03:56 PM
    How did I get suck in? Go put you 5in screen in your pocket and enjoy!
    01-07-12 04:00 PM
    There's some insecure members here in crackberry and take great offense if somebody talks or praise another platform other than bb
    Which ones?
    01-07-12 04:03 PM
    Which ones?
    What would naming names prove? Are you disagreeing that this statement is false? Rickroller brought up a great point that even though the OP brought up these other devices and how he used them, he could do so while still praising bb. Why can't bb users in turn say that Android/iOS phones/tablets are powerful and functional, but I just prefer my bb?
    01-07-12 04:23 PM
    What would naming names prove? Are you disagreeing that this statement is false? Rickroller brought up a great point that even though the OP brought up these other devices and how he used them, he could do so while still praising bb. Why can't bb users in turn say that Android/iOS phones/tablets are powerful and functional, but I just prefer my bb?
    Firsly I don't know how to respond to a double negative.
    What makes your opiniion of Android the right opinion? I don't agree with it.
    01-07-12 04:36 PM
    Your wearing clown pants if a five in screen fits "comfortably " in your pocket. If you want that great. My POINT was wrong forum.
    Ummm...more like a size 31x32 jeans.

Sorry but I gave up the jams and MC Hammer pants once 1990 hit and traded 'em in for a sweet pair of leopard skin pants so I could fit in at Poison concerts.

And why is it the wrong forum? The OP likes his BB products. He merely stated that with the larger size screen he no longer feels the need to carry his tablet with him places. He never dissed on BB. However, we users that seemingly took offense and started dissing on Android and throwing out a bunch of non-truths.
    Last edited by kilted_thrower; 01-07-12 at 04:55 PM.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    01-07-12 04:50 PM
    Bad point. Do you own the domain? Author the rules? Are you a staffer? You don't have a say as to whether on not anything is in the wrong forum. If you think it does not follow the rules, report it.

The site owner and his designated people decide. The rest of us post at their pleasure. We may not like it, but we are not obligated to.

Wrong forum
    01-07-12 04:51 PM
    Ummm...more like a size 31x32 jeans.

Sorry but I gave up the jams and MC Hammer pants once 1990 hit and traded 'em in for a sweet pair of leopard skin pants so I could fit in at Poison concerts.
    This thread is

01-07-12 04:57 PM
    Oh good. Let's start hitting posters up on a mistake in their grammar usage while making a spelling error. Are you sure your grammar is spot on?
    01-07-12 04:58 PM
    Fine, are you saying that there aren't cb members that get offensive if people praise a platform other than bb? And the thing about OPINIONS is that they're neither right or wrong. The only opinion of Android that I gave was that they are powerful and functional. You might not agree with that, but I can give instances where it rings true *for me* in that the OS has certain functions/features that I use daily that as of right now bb doesn't provide. Maybe having functional and interactive home screen widgets that I can view and edit info right from the screen, or having a lot more apps available doesn't appeal to you, but after using these for quite some times they're now deal breakers for me if a device I'm considering as a daily driver doesn't have that. Does that make me any less interested in seeing what my Playbook can do once it arrives? Nope. I'm pretty sure I'm going to love it, despite keeping my Amaze as my daily driver.
    Last edited by pantlesspenguin; 01-07-12 at 05:03 PM. Reason: drunk
    01-07-12 05:01 PM
    hahahaha! Man your response just hits so hard. It makes me think "Oh my Lord". Thank you for having common sense with a mind and a post that's just so sweet.
    01-07-12 05:03 PM
    So would y'all have been happier had the OP said, "So I got this monstrosity of a device called the Note and it was all way too big to carry around and all died on me really quick and junk. So, yeah...Android sux.

Would that have been better?

On a side note...
    I posted a home screen on an iPhone site and got banned immediately. Gah! Buncha haterzzzzzz!

Day off and I'm spendin' it wit' you foolz. I thinks I'm gonna guzzle some drinks, jump in my transAm, turn on some RATT, and peel out of my parking lot so the wind hits my sweet mullet. It'll be epic.
    Last edited by kilted_thrower; 01-07-12 at 05:13 PM.
    01-07-12 05:05 PM
    No YOU didn't!!!!

Oh my goodness... where do you find these GIFs?
    01-07-12 05:07 PM
    I'm not the grammar police.
    01-07-12 05:18 PM
    I'm not the grammar police.
    That's good

01-07-12 05:25 PM
    Okay, y'all are about to witness the strength of street knowledge (Rickroller...gotta gif for that song?)

I'm doing my student teaching, and I'm assigned to an American literature class (junior year). We're starting off the class with sentence diagrams (which strangely I love). This proves a bit too tough. So I decide to go into basic parts of speech (the boy threw the ball kinda' sentences).

Me: So what is the noun?
    Crickets
    Me: Okay. How about verbs?
    Crickets
    Me: Well. Let's refresh. What is a noun?
    Crickets
    Me: Does a person, place, and/or thing ring a bell?
    Crickets
    Me: Let's try this then...what's the subject of this sentence?
    Crickets
    Me: Does anyone know if this is a complete sentence and, if it is, what makes it a complete sentence?

We were supposed to start into The Crucible that day. And, of course, they were supposed to do a 5 page essay on The Crucible. The students didn't even know how to idetify a basic noun, let alone start with a thesis.

And, by the by, a noun is not a person, place, and/or thing. An adjective is not a describing word. A verb is not an action word. For example, if you have a cheese sandwich, cheese even though it describes the sandwich is not an adjective. Cheese is still a noun. And a table is only a noun until it becomes a verb (I tabled the meeting). So the parts of speech y'all were taught are wrong in that each fits into a nice little neat catagory.

This is your tip of the day coming from a phys ed teacher that works part time as a health blogger and fitness trainer with an English degree and closing in on the end of a masters in administration that wears kilts while competing in the Scottish Highland games.
    01-07-12 06:02 PM
    Okay, y'all are about to witness the strength of street knowledge (Rickroller...gotta gif for that song?)

teknishun likes this.
    01-07-12 06:23 PM
    Why are we even arguing about the battery life between 2 android devices on crackberry....take that to android central
    01-08-12 03:22 AM
    If more than 5 inches of screen size is perfectly acceptable as screen size, then there sure must be a limit even they would consider too big to be a mobile comm device.

Can someone who feels such huge screens are ok, let me know the limit.
    01-08-12 05:05 AM
    Why are we even arguing about the battery life between 2 android devices on crackberry....take that to android central
    If you start from the beginning of the thread, the op was discussing how several other devices, at various times, changed how he used BB devices.

The discussion about battery life started with the Note only. Several others mentioned the Galaxy SII and the Atrix in passing. A side conversation. No more worth banishing than forcing some of our members to find an English teachers' forum because they discussed nouns and verbs.
    01-08-12 09:19 AM
    If more than 5 inches of screen size is perfectly acceptable as screen size, then there sure must be a limit even they would consider too big to be a mobile comm device.

I'd say anything over 5.5" would be too big. I know that seems ridiculously big to some people. But based on teh sales of the Note, there are quite a few people that think the 5.3" screen is perfectly acceptable as a cell phone.

The only problem is once you get used to having those larger screen sizes, it's so difficult to go back to smaller.
    01-08-12 11:17 AM
    If you start from the beginning of the thread, the op was discussing how several other devices, at various times, changed how he used BB devices.

The discussion about battery life started with the Note only. Several others mentioned the Galaxy SII and the Atrix in passing. A side conversation. No more worth banishing than forcing some of our members to find an English teachers' forum because they discussed nouns and verbs.
    And that, folks, is how you wrap up a 7 page thread in one paragraph. lol
    Rickroller likes this.
    01-08-12 11:18 AM

I think 4.5 inches would be as much as my tiny girly hands could handle.

(That's what she said )
    01-08-12 03:24 PM
108 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD