I have the lock on my berry. When its locked it shows whatever is under the owner information. I work in a rather "colorful" area and if I'm chasing someone and my berry falls off my belt I don't want them to have to much information about me. On the other if an honest person does come across it and wants to turn it in I want them to be able to get in contact with me.

So I guess my question is how much info is to much? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-09 06:30 PM
    I just have my name and email address on my owner info.
    01-25-09 06:32 PM
    Email address is probably the best bet but you also have to hope they have access to email.
    01-25-09 06:33 PM
    Name, email, work address
    01-25-09 06:33 PM
    That's a good question.

i put my crackberry email address on my lock screen. That way if it's found i can (hopefully) get an email without really giving out my "real" email address.

i also have my emergency contact's phone number on the front.

In your case a mobile number may be too much info. i'd recommend having your Security Timeout set to a lower number. i have mine on 2 minutes. That means if my device is idle 2 minutes the password is required.

Options
    Security Options
    General Settings

Set those to your comfort level.

01-25-09 06:35 PM
    I have no info on it whatsoever. If I lose it, I lose it. I don't trust that I would ever get it back. I just don't believe that someone would try to get it back to me. I'm cynical about these things. Plus after about 5 tries of a password my device will wipe.
    01-25-09 06:35 PM
    Name, E-mail address should be enough info.
    01-25-09 06:36 PM
    Right now I have my name and a telephone number that I can usually be reached at.

I have my security to time out at 10 minutes that way when I usuing it extensively I don't have to keep putting in a password.

01-25-09 06:57 PM
    Mine says "Ashlyns Blackberry If Found Please Call- (XXX) XXX-XXXX"..... i feel thats okay.
    01-25-09 07:20 PM
    Mine says "Ashlyns Blackberry If Found Please Call- (XXX) XXX-XXXX"..... i feel thats okay.
    Well now you just gave some guy a reason to meet you if he finds it lol
    01-25-09 07:23 PM
    Hahhh... little did you know, that it just so happens to be my house number.. and if anyone answers the house phone- it would be my father who has been a cop for 20 years. So I feel pretty secure with my info.
    01-25-09 07:25 PM
    GENIUS!!!! Lol and she's a hottie too so a great idea to find her phone, lmfao, i'm j/k
    01-25-09 07:26 PM
    Hahhh... little did you know, that it just so happens to be my house number.. and if anyone answers the house phone- it would be my father who has been a cop for 20 years. So I feel pretty secure with my info.

I was just pushin your buttons anyway

Hopefully none of use ever lose our phones.
    01-25-09 07:27 PM

I was just pushin your buttons anyway

Hopefully none of use ever lose our phones.
    Hahaa Yah.. my phone is always in my sight...
    01-25-09 07:30 PM
    Name and email is all I have
    01-25-09 07:40 PM
    We are talking about if you have a password on your phone, right?

I have yet to try this...

I looked into it. I guess I should use this feature too. Thanks for the heads up I totally forgot about doing this.
    Last edited by Tremortality; 01-25-09 at 07:58 PM.
    01-25-09 07:43 PM
    You do realize that person can type that number into a reverse look up and then have the address to your house right?

01-25-09 08:25 PM
    Colorful? Hmmmmm

01-25-09 08:28 PM
    You do realize that person can type that number into a reverse look up and then have the address to your house right?

Well aware of it... like I said, my father is a cop. Im very aware of a lot of things.
    If that ever was to happen... I would love to see a person step foot in my house with our K9 Shepherd...

Hmm.. that would be interesting.
    My father understands I have that on my lock screen. No worries... thanks for the concern.
    Last edited by AshlynLovesHerBB; 01-25-09 at 08:44 PM.
    01-25-09 08:36 PM
    Haha not going to lie I would not be petting your dog

01-25-09 08:57 PM
    Haha not going to lie I would not be petting your dog

Hahaa! At 100+lbs he gives everyone quite a scare... loves the family, but strangers.. different story. Actually looking at your username.. its funny, a little kid once walked by with his mom a couple years ago when he was about 2 years and pointed to him shouting "Mommy, look at that wolf!" It was cute.
    01-25-09 09:02 PM
    My screen is my name and my wife's mobile number. Her's is obviously my number. I don't want people to be discouraged about the idea of people turning it in. In 7 years as a cop thus far, I have come across some decent honest souls who turn in what's not theirs.

01-25-09 09:29 PM
    My screen is my name and my wife's mobile number. Her's is obviously my number. I don't want people to be discouraged about the idea of people turning it in. In 7 years as a cop thus far, I have come across some decent honest souls who turn in what's not theirs.

I wasn't trying to discourage at all. I have met quite a few honest and trustworthy people. The number I have on my screen is quite personal. I just know from experience it could just as easily fall into the others hands as well.

01-25-09 11:02 PM
    I dnt have any personal info. I did but then decided against that and just put one of my nicknames an a sayin after it. I always back my berry up so if I lost it I wouldn't even care.

01-25-09 11:58 PM
    I dnt have any personal info. I did but then decided against that and just put one of my nicknames an a sayin after it. I always back my berry up so if I lost it I wouldn't even care.

Wait I would care until I replaced the bb that was lost or stolen lol

01-26-09 12:02 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD