I am not up on all the latest news. How much does this custom pin cost? In bbm shop there is only a button to subscribe to it but it does not tell you how much it will cost. I dont want to click it before knowing.

How much does this custom PIN cost?-img_20150308_101528.png

Posted on my Passport via CB10
    03-08-15 09:21 AM
    $1.99 per month.

Be classically hip with the BlackBerry Classic
    03-08-15 09:24 AM
    $1.99 per month.

Wow way too much. Thanks
    03-08-15 09:38 AM
    Wow way too much. Thanks
    Agreed I don't know what they were thinking with that. Even 1.99 a year for something that's unnecessary

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 10:08 AM
    All boils down to choice. Either pay for it or not. Totally your choice.
    thymaster likes this.
    03-08-15 10:15 AM
    Although, I would like to see what kind of custom pin I can get before paying.

 Z10
    03-08-15 10:18 AM
    They are totally blowing a good opportunity by pricing these add ons way out of whack

Posted on my Z30.......while on the can
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-08-15 10:44 AM
    $1.99 per month is too much? How many people here smoke, drink, eat candy, etc. Those costs are much higher. No one is forced to buy this either. Just my thoughts.

03-08-15 11:00 AM
    I think $1.99 per month is too high. Maybe $1.99 per year is ok. Too greedy is not good. They should start with $1.99 per year to start to attract users first. Once you build up your user base, then maybe they can increase the price a little.

Two Z10 in this family - Windsor, ON, CA.
    03-08-15 11:11 AM
    This is obviously targeted to business people whom will like to have a PIN according to it's job or business, $2 a month for someone who makes more than a $80 a day shouldn't be a big deal, customization comes with a price, and you are not obligated to pay for it.

Posted via CB10
    geraham and Z30Commission like this.
    03-08-15 11:21 AM
    I think $1.99 per month is too high. Maybe $1.99 per year is ok. Too greedy is not good. They should start with $1.99 per year to start to attract users first. Once you build up your user base, then maybe they can increase the price a little.

Two Z10 in this family - Windsor, ON, CA.
    I think even .99 cents a month would be better. But 2 bucks a month isn't bad. If they started it too low and then raised the price later, everyone would biatch that BlackBerry rose the price. You can't win lol

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 11:29 AM
    $1.99 per month is too much? How many people here smoke, drink, eat candy, etc. Those costs are much higher. No one is forced to buy this either. Just my thoughts.

agree with you.....

posted via my amazing malaysian passport
    screechop likes this.
    03-08-15 11:38 AM
    BBM used to be good. Now it seems like BlackBerry's internal development team never asks, "how can we make this product better for our consumers?" It seems like the only thing they consider now is, "what random things can we throw in for an extra charge?"

Come on, $1.99 per month for what amounts to a username (something that nearly every service since the 1990's has allowed you to pick as part of the basic setup process for free). I'm sorry but that's embarrassingly absurd for BlackBerry to even try.

Now we are supposed to start paying companies a monthly subscription just to have a username? Do I need to pay Google every month so my gmail address is something other than [email protected]? Do I need to pay twitter to get something other than @184748?
    FF22, djorourke, 1magine and 3 others like this.
    03-08-15 12:20 PM
    BBM used to be good. Now it seems like BlackBerry's internal development team never asks, "how can we make this product better for our consumers?" It seems like the only thing they consider now is, "what random things can we throw in for an extra charge?"

Come on, $1.99 per month for what amounts to a username (something that nearly every service since the 1990's has allowed you to pick as part of the basic setup process for free). I'm sorry but that's embarrassingly absurd for BlackBerry to even try.

Now we are supposed to start paying companies a monthly subscription just to have a username? Do I need to pay Google every month so my gmail address is something other than [email protected]? Do I need to pay twitter to get something other than @184748?
    You can change your name anytime for free. It's not that they're charging for.

Posted via CB10
    1khalid likes this.
    03-08-15 12:32 PM
    You can change your name anytime for free. It's not that they're charging for.

Posted via CB10
    The PIN is a unique identifier on BBM. It's the same basic concept as my analogies. Charging to use words instead of random numbers for your unique identifier.
    03-08-15 12:38 PM
    "BBM used to be good"- I agree, but now its way better. I think BBM is the most feature-rich and the second most reliable (after whats app) of all chat apps.
    And i think BlackBerry is now doing a wonderful job of listening to customers and implementing requested changes, those changes can't all come at once.
    Furthermore, realise that Blackberry needs to start making money from all business divisions including BBM (monetization plan of JC) and this has to work if you still want to keep buying Blackberry phones. Google and twitter are not in blackberry's situation.
    03-08-15 12:56 PM
    My custom Pin - Indian

Be Smart Buy BlackBerry

Himanshu's PASSPORT�
    03-08-15 12:58 PM
    I have to agree that it costs too much. Maybe I would pay USD 1 per year or USD 10 one time.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 01:00 PM
    This is a great feature for businesses that have BBM Meetings or those that have channels!!
    1khalid likes this.
    03-08-15 01:49 PM
    Considering I don't know anyone's pin and usually scan a barcode. Seems kinda useless no?
    03-08-15 01:52 PM
    Considering I don't know anyone's pin and usually scan a barcode. Seems kinda useless no?
    Maybe that is why having a custom pin works. No barcode, no trying to enter a bunch of random characters, just type in "Ford", "CrackBerry" or "Apple".
    1khalid and dusdal like this.
    03-08-15 02:01 PM
    Maybe that is why having a custom pin works. No barcode, no trying to enter a bunch of random characters, just type in "Ford", "CrackBerry" or "Apple".
    Or just use the person's phone number on Whatsapp, like everyone else does.

-sarcasm
    03-08-15 02:12 PM
    $1.99 a month is probably targeting business users. I'm in NY and I only have 3 people I talk to on BBM and one of them only uses it because we have a group chat. The other two only have me as a BBM "friend"

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 02:26 PM

-sarcasm
    Not everyone wants to give out phone numbers. Then you get random people calling or texting. I would much rather give out a pin that way I can block a person if I have to.

Posted via CB10
    miker476 and raino like this.
    03-08-15 02:32 PM

-sarcasm
    Did you mean "or just give up your whole privacy to facebook"? This is exactly why I don't use WA and use BBM.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 02:48 PM
67 123