I am thinking about taking the plunge after Christmas and purchasing the new storm. My current phone is about 10 years old. (it still works awesome) I have a few questions about what I need for a plan that will insure I get to use a lot of the features blackberry has. I will be with Telus, and I came across a few items that will show up on my bill that confuse me a little. Bare with me and thanks for the help.

First off, how much internet use is 500 MB or 1 GB etc. on a blackberry? What is included in that; ei. email, web surfing, facebook, google maps etc? If I use the wifi does that count against my allotted internet use? What features do not count against my allotted MBs? What else do I need to include on my bill?

Thank you.
    12-11-09 03:47 PM
    If I were you, I'd start here: Select your region | TELUS
    12-11-09 03:49 PM
    First off, how much internet use is 500 MB or 1 GB etc. on a blackberry? What is included in that; ei. email, web surfing, facebook, google maps etc? If I use the wifi does that count against my allotted internet use? What features do not count against my allotted MBs? What else do I need to include on my bill?

Thank you.
    500mb-1gb is a fair amount of data usage, but it really depends on your own personal usage. If you watch a lot of video clips, download music, attachments, etc, or spend hours surfing the web, you might exceed it. It includes everything you listed. WiFi doesn't count towards your data usage. You might be able to get by with Telus' Email/Instant Messaging add-on. You'll get full email functionality and BBM, but no web browsing.
    12-11-09 04:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD