Just wondering how much abuse others have put their crackberries through, I.e. Physical damage!
    I have put mine through sheer **** and it still works like a charm-last night I through it on the floor(brickbreaker anger),it slid across the hardwood floor under the landing railing fell 8 feet onto hard stairs bounced down 6 of them and landed on more hardwood with nay a scratch! I have dropped mine in puddles, even through it against the wall and still working 100 percent!
    Post your abuse tales!
    03-27-09 11:17 AM
    you sound like you could use a hug or something...........

Ive never gotten so mad that I physically abuse it, but it has survived some drops without any probs
    03-27-09 11:21 AM
    I sure do like my silicone cover. It's a great way to keep your Storm from sliding off a surface, or even falling out of my shirt pocket.

But it's nice to see the OP put it through the toughness test.
    03-27-09 11:23 AM
    I couldn't imagine even putting my berry through that torture. As it is, one little smudge on it- it gets a full cleaning. Im obsessed with making it look brand new and pretty.
    03-27-09 11:26 AM
    I haven't dropped my 8900 yet but when I do, it will be protected by my Innocase. My Pearl is another story! I've dropped it more than 120 times, some from the top of a 10 foot ladder and it still lives strong!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-09 11:28 AM
    I've dropped my Curve about 10 times already and i've only had it for about 2 months. Not a scratch.

I have never dropped my Storm, I am just too afraid of what will happen to the large screen.

Oh and to the OP, seek counseling.......
    03-27-09 11:33 AM
    i dropped my curve last night by accident. it fell 2 feet to hard wood floor.

i baby this device. i don't want it destroyed :P
    03-27-09 11:35 AM
    Wow craig, you need to go to an anger management class, lol. I wouldnt do that to any of my berries I have had in the past or now; not on purpose at least. I have dropped many BBs but to my avail usually it is fine, if not, thanks to warranty exchange . I have one of those gel skins on there. It works like a charm.

One time I dropped it and it fell on the screen side and at the same time, I accidently stepped on it, and it was on the street with the rugged concrete. I was soooooo pissed. luckily it didnt scratch through the faceplate lens. This happened while I already called at&t for a replacement because the phone already acted up and I am very careful with my phones. I was fine with the replacement, thank goodness.
    03-27-09 11:54 AM
    Haven't dropped neither one of my phones yet. Hope to keep it that way for a while!
    03-27-09 12:06 PM
    My Bold isn't fairing to well.

But its a survivor for sure, but still has it's share of battle scars.
    03-27-09 01:08 PM
    Pearls are smaller and more robust, so no wonder its still working.

however storms and bigger and more delicate (ironic eh?)

I treat it with the most care. Ive only dropped it once on the driveway but it has a silicon case so not a scratch on it, looks brand new.
    03-27-09 01:11 PM
    Once I gave mine a harsh look, but then it smiled back at me sheepishly and all was forgiven.
    03-27-09 01:18 PM
    yay!!!! my 100th post! i'm an abuser now!

my friend britt got a pearl last summer. when i ran into her last weekend, she showed it to me..it had fallen out of her lap when she got out of a van and either the van or the trailer ran it over (on grass). it still works and just has a crack in the screen and a dent in the back

i would like to think i'm more careful with my curve
    03-27-09 01:23 PM
    Got my Berry a couple weeks ago and haven't dropped it yet. I'm in that limbo of waiting for my "protective gear" to get here. I'm extremely careful w/ it until then.
    03-27-09 01:23 PM
    I dropped my storm about 20 feet off a telephone pole at work the other day. With the otterbox case is bounced off the ground without a scratch

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-09 01:27 PM
    it had fallen out of her lap when she got out of a van
    This is my main issue.

My phone stays in my lap or in between my legs while driving.

When I hop out of my Rover it flies out and onto the concrete.

Normally the battery cover comes off but all is good and it still works fine.
    03-27-09 01:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD