Is it possible to move the addresses etc currently held on the device to an internal SD card temporarily then restore to the device from the card?
    06-22-08 01:33 PM
    Nope, but, use Desktop Manager to do a backup/restore...
    06-22-08 01:38 PM
    Thanks. Whats the best way to lock/protect the data on the device then?
    06-22-08 01:50 PM
    Put a password on your device. Options/Security Options/General Settings/Enable. Leave the number of attempts at 10, and set the timeout to whatever you want. If you enable content protection, be sure set "Include Address Book" to "No," or your Caller ID will stop working. Press the Escape key. You'll be prompted to enter a password and verify it. BE SURE YOU REMEMBER IT. There is no way to bypass the password on a blackberry. If you forget it, you will have no choice but to wipe the blackberry back to its factory-out-of-the-box configuration, which deletes all user data and resets the password.

It's a good idea to put a number to call in case found in your owner info field. That way, if somebody finds your locked bb, they can call you to return it. I lost mine in the Washington DC metro. Because it was locked with a number to call if found, I had it back in four hours.
    06-22-08 01:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD