11-23-13 02:27 AM
    Actually, if 10 million people had bought a new BB10 device in its infancy, before 10.2.1 os was leaked to us to really see a great phone it may have hurt worse. Now that the phone is a lot better than when I first got mine in March, marketing should now ramp up...push a phone that has a better, improved OS. The hardware is there and always was but all the marketing in the world back about 6 months ago may not have helped sell it.
    11-23-13 03:40 AM
    Agreed - I do hope marketing ramps up.

Indeed, any proactive and rational marketing would make a difference!

Posted via CB10
    11-23-13 03:51 AM
    Actually, if 10 million people had bought a new BB10 device in its infancy, before 10.2.1 os was leaked to us to really see a great phone it may have hurt worse. Now that the phone is a lot better than when I first got mine in March, marketing should now ramp up...push a phone that has a better, improved OS. The hardware is there and always was but all the marketing in the world back about 6 months ago may not have helped sell it.
    Although I agree that 10.2.1 brings enhanced functionality, it only brings feature parity with Android and iOS. In this crowded and break-neck pace of the mobile device market the message "Get a BB, it's as good as Android and iOS now" will not win the hearts and minds of consumers. That message is certainly not loud enough to drown out the media stories about the company's recent 'up-for-sale' status and 1B 'bail-out'. BB needs to innovate and do something that creates a buzz that will drown out it's competitors and it's own public troubles which is something that any marketing department would have a tough time pulling off.
    11-23-13 08:48 AM
    They should have launched the Z10 with a way lower price point. With the current OS update BB10 ain't too bad.
    11-23-13 08:58 AM
    perhaps, but that is the brand marketing, the voice to voice marketing had help me to keep persons on the bb platform for long tie now
    11-23-13 10:20 AM
    They should have launched the Z10 with a way lower price point. With the current OS update BB10 ain't too bad.
    I didn't always agree with this, but I tend to now. Gotta love hindsight LOL.

I think that even now, BBRY could be more aggressive with pricing.
    Poirots Progeny likes this.
    11-23-13 10:42 AM
    Sad thing is: CrackBerry members have been saying this for most of the year. Marketing wasn't so much the fail point as it was the mediocrity and incoherence of marketing strategy.
    11-26-13 01:23 AM
    I really hope marketing is improved by BlackBerry. At this point, it would not take much to do that. Start with some actual commercials showing off BlackBerry 10 and go from there. Maybe once the official 10.2.1 drops someone will make that happen. Maybe.
    11-26-13 01:35 AM
    I know I ranted on several posting about the lack of a focused marketing plan, watching BBerry squandering away its marketshare. Of course hindsight is always 20/20 and I'm sure things would have been different if only..........

All we can hope for is the new CEO will bring in some fresh blood and with it, a more focused agressive maketing program.
    11-26-13 12:08 PM