Never! Bold Touch isn't that impressive
    No phone is that impressive.

It would make more sense if there were considerable breaks in the service price if you own your own phone or if there was compatibility between the carriers and you could move to the best deal without ETF.

I'd rather pay $500 for a PB and wait for my upgrade for a new BB
    04-09-11 12:41 AM
    I'll wait and see what is out in September when my contract is up. I generally don't get a new phone until I can upgrade.
    04-09-11 01:26 AM
    Never have. Never will. I personally find paying full retail for a phone (regardless of maker) to be incredibly idiotic.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-11 07:59 AM
    Nope. Never paid full price for any phone and never will.
    04-09-11 08:01 AM
    No, never, I love blackberry but not enough to pay full price.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-11 09:26 AM
    my entire life, ive only tried getting a phone from my carrier. since at around 3rd grade, i usually pay for the full price (well my parents do lol). where i'm from, carriers are frustratingly slow with unit shipments and replacements. trust me on this lol
    04-09-11 11:42 AM
    On Tmobile EM+, always have paid full price, always will pay full price.

But god help them if I don't get what I pay for.
    04-09-11 11:48 AM
    ebay.

Even for "new in box" units, the prices you can get on ebay are generally below the retail price (but higher than the subsidized price). I imagine some people may be tempted to use their upgrade price to get a subsidized phone to resell on ebay for a profit.
    04-09-11 11:49 AM
    Never have & never will. I usually wait about 6 month after a release date before buying, At which point any & all bugs are fix & the price has drop to more then half. Sell the old phone on ebay & would come out even. Been doing this for years.
    04-09-11 12:03 PM
    I will be paying full price for my next few phones. I am sure I will have 3 or 4 before the end of they year. I get to bored with a phone after a couple months.
    04-09-11 12:04 PM
    ebay.

Even for "new in box" units, the prices you can get on ebay are generally below the retail price (but higher than the subsidized price). I imagine some people may be tempted to use their upgrade price to get a subsidized phone to resell on ebay for a profit.
    Only downside to buying a "new in the box" from Ebay is that the Carrier will not recognize the purchase as they would a new phone from them. They will not allow you to get insurance on it through them, and, of course you don't have any kind of warranty through them.

I've bought new phones from the carrier and from Ebay, and the trade off in price is pretty much a wash when you consider the loss in services. If anything goes wrong it's pretty much your problem. (thank god for Blackberry Forums)
    04-09-11 01:05 PM
    Maybe after I graduate. Not now though.
    04-09-11 06:26 PM
    I would probably buy from the after market before I paid full retail.
    04-09-11 11:45 PM
    I would if I could. I just can't afford to pay for a phone full price. But the Bold Touch looks awesome...I don't think it's that awesome to be out 400 dollars or whatever the price will be.
    04-10-11 04:55 PM
    If they impress me with the phone I will. I am due for a new contract now and am trying to hold out for a new phone but I know it won't be released in the time. Trying to see if my pos storm will be able to stay alive?
    04-11-11 01:46 PM
    It tends to be something I do on a regular basis given my weakness for new and interesting technology Anyway, I am in fact probably going to be doing just that next month when I get my 9780. No touch screens for me. I have a touchscreen Android tablet which I love but I've decided to go back to a Blackberry which I haven't had since my 9700 (a great BB). The tablet satisfies my more intensive data needs and now I want a phone that does all the things a phone should do and do it great (e-mail, call, text, sounds, etc.). I have discovered thru many phones that the BB has the BEST call quality going. I also decided no touch screen because one of the beautys of BB is it's great battery life which is greatly diminished with a touch screen. Fortunately I have a good enough job where I can indulge myself from time to time.
    04-11-11 03:25 PM
    I don't care if it is a BlackBerry, Android, or iPhone, I will never pay full price. Way too many other thing are a priority for me.
    04-11-11 04:33 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD