Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love signing my life away

20 62.50%
  • I buy phones out right

12 37.50%
  • I don't have a cell phone

0 0%
    How many of you sign contract/buy phone out right?
    09-22-08 06:05 PM
    I had a plan I started a while ago when I got my pearl, I went to best buy, the curve was 50 if you sign up for a new line or add a line, so I added a line and paid $50 for my sunset red curve.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-08 06:12 PM
    I bought my Bold outright.
    09-22-08 06:14 PM
    I have signed contracts in the past but I pretty much buy outright nowadays. I'm already paying for 4 lines (2 for me and 1 for each kid). I really don't need to add anymore.
    09-22-08 07:25 PM
    Never bought a phone outright and the contracts don't bother me
    as I have no intention of leaving AT&T for another carrier.
    09-22-08 07:43 PM
    Contract, I don't plan on changing carriers
    09-22-08 07:45 PM
    For the most part I sign a contract because I have no intention on leaving AT&T, unless a must have phone comes out before the contract is up then I will buy it outright.
    09-22-08 07:49 PM
    I don't mind signing new every 2 for Verizon. I have 3 lines under my account and don't plan on switching carrier. Anyways why by outright paying full price if you know you'll be sticking with the same carrier. I can't stand switching anyways.
    09-22-08 08:43 PM
    Oh, I love signing my life over for 2 years.
    09-22-08 08:52 PM
    I always buy outright now and I still extend my contract. I'm not leaving TMo for anything!
    09-22-08 08:55 PM
    I bought my curve ouright I just never wait until my contract is up to even get a discount price

09-22-08 09:11 PM
    Contract for me. I travel mostly in Chicago, Phoenix, and Tucson, Verizon has been perect 100% of the time in these areas, no need for me to worry about changing carriers or terminating contract
    09-22-08 10:32 PM
    I am OK with the agreement. Sprint, agreement and they gave me the phone and threw 55$ bucks my way.
    09-23-08 12:17 AM
    I like you get a discount, so I like to sign new contracts, except for the contract part lol... I'm pretty happy with t-mo so when I sign a new it's just for an upgrade, not a new contract...
    09-23-08 12:41 AM
    i buy them outright, on ebay, or maybe if i can stand the wait, sign a new contract
    09-23-08 12:49 AM
    I usually buy outright but I knew I was going to be staying with "the network" for quite some time so I signed for another 2 years and got my Curve cheap.

09-23-08 03:54 AM
    I have no problem signing a contract. I have been wit t mobile for 7years and have zero complaints. I just pay in full for new phones when I don't get a contract upgrade.

09-23-08 04:14 AM
    If I'm close to upgrade ill use it. If I don't than ill usaully trade my phone to buddy who's a multi carrier dealer. He can get just about any phone out. I've seen cool a** phones that they use in China. That we'll never see over here. Wonder why that is?

09-23-08 04:44 AM
    Up until recently I signed a new contract every 2 years and got a new phone. That was until July when I wanted a Sprint Curve.

I was only 1 year into my contract with Sprint and had a Samsung M610. I went on Ebay and found a new in box Sprint Curve. Did a ESN swap on Sprint's site and so far my contract end date remains the same so I'm happy!

I think from now on I'll be buying phones either on Ebay or outright so I can choose when I want to upgrade, not the provider.

Uprade policies and procedures are still terrible if you ask me. I know people say providers offer low prices on 2 year contracts so they get their money back and that's why outright prices are so high. But it's still not comforting to the consumer.

I hate signing contracts and being locked in, I'm for changing the way it all works. Contracts should be no longer than 1 year, IMO.
    09-23-08 04:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD