I carry my iPod Touch and my Berry around with me. I use my Touch for music, You Tube, movies, and games, etc. They both serve a different purpose. Although I recently d/l Pandora Radio for the Blackberry (I love it). I have to listen to it with my charger cause between textn and the music, the battery drains quick.
    Last edited by SymplySweet1; 03-27-09 at 08:55 PM.
    03-27-09 08:51 PM
    I had one... till it got too full and i decided to give it away to my cousin... 16 GB gone in one year... ah well I've got the 160 GB ipod classic... and its got enough room for all my music... and tv shows... but if they do come out with a 1TB memory card... i'll get that along with upgrading my BB... good bye pearl... and hello future bold... or storm... whatever they come out with in 1 year...
    03-27-09 09:05 PM
    I do.

Jailbreak the Touch (1st Gen) and the sky's the limit. SSH? done. Copy/Paste? Done. Modify the shiz outta it? Done. The AppStore is lame. Cydia RULES. But you can have both.

Lurve my Touch. Luuuuuurve my iPhone (not activated, just unlocked). Totally nutbar crackhead in LOVE with my BB. I carry them all, along with the macbook now that Tetherberry is in my life.
    03-27-09 11:26 PM
    Getting my touch enabled me to cancel my data plan and save $30/ month, the browser on the touch is superior to the curve, the only downside is haveing to be around wi/fi but there's usually at least a dozen networks to choose from, some password protected but usually a few freebies.
    03-28-09 11:05 AM
    I do. My Touch is hooked up to my stereo in my car and it stays there.
    03-28-09 11:13 AM
    I do.

Jailbreak the Touch (1st Gen) and the sky's the limit. SSH? done. Copy/Paste? Done. Modify the shiz outta it? Done. The AppStore is lame. Cydia RULES. But you can have both.
    This is how the iPhone lost it's appeal to me. I got tired of jailbraking it.
    03-28-09 11:31 AM
    I do. My Touch is hooked up to my stereo in my car and it stays there.
    same here.. there's times i let people dj while driving.. i cant imagine letting people molest my storm like that...
    03-28-09 11:53 AM
    I have an iPhone and a Blackberry, but use my Blackberry for everything. Good luck getting the internet on the iPhone to work.
    03-28-09 11:58 AM
    I have a 3rd gen. Classic. If it died, I would probably replace it with a Touch. But, I would wait a while to see if I really missed it. It would be interesting to find out ... hmmm ... maybe I should pull a pseudo-ScandaLeX.
    03-28-09 01:11 PM
    I use my Touch for Music and the sweet apps. Would NEVER consider an iPhone - waste of time! I am actually about to upgrade to the 2nd Gen to get the voice capabilities: I am a Skype addict and rumour has it that Skype will be coming to the iPod Touch 2nd Gen and iPhone shortly.
    That is the one thing that I wish I had on my Bold - a dedicated Skype App. I don't carry the two around together all the time though, only when traveling. My Bold is my day-to-day go-to Device. I love it and could NOT survive without it, both personally and Professionally, but the Touch is a sweet piece of hardware that I would not want to do without.
    03-28-09 01:13 PM
    I carry an Ipod touch. when it comes to media nothing handles it like a Ipod. I tried listening to my podcasts on my blackberry for a week and I just couldn't get wit it.
    03-28-09 02:15 PM
    I like the touch because it can be jail broken and played with. I have both.
    03-28-09 02:45 PM
    I have an ipod touch along with a blackberry 8900. My car stereo has a direct hook up for an ipod. I Don't really mind carrying them both around, but i would love my blackberry to do it all. There is a attachment i can get for my stereo that's bluetooth. I've heard not only can you make calls from your car with it, but you can stream music from your blackberry via bluetooth. Has anyone done this? And i wonder how the sound quality is?
    03-28-09 03:54 PM
    I do, and use my ipod touch as much as if not more than my berry.

The BB simply cannot hold a candle to the media quality, its like comparing the ipod to a cheap 20 dollar no name mp3 player.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    They did a study recently, blind in nature, where they tested the sound quality of iPhone, iPod, Zune, Zen, Pearl, Palm and a few other models. The iPhone and iPod did not win.

The myth of the iPod having better output is a myth. The combined system (iTunes and iPod/iPhone/Touch) is beyond par, but the quality thing isn't true.

Don't believe me? No sweat... I didn't believe it at first either. Run the test yourself. Get some third party speakers, try the devices out with a disinterested audience.

This is what made me retire my iPod. Why would I carry an extra device when I already have a convergence device?
    03-28-09 05:02 PM
    They did a study recently, blind in nature, where ...
    Do you have a reference / link?

Interested.

03-28-09 05:48 PM
    I carry both around. My iTouch isn't with me at all times, but it is most of the time. I don't have many games on it since I have so much music, but my Curve can't compare with music and video. I forgot my iTouch in the car the other day when I went on a field trip and I used my BB. It was alright...definitely prefer my iTouch.

The Curve's player leaves much to be desired. Visually, and functionality wise.

03-28-09 06:07 PM
    ... And for those that carry a ipod touch and a bb, how many would drop the bb if your touch had phone service?

Can u say iPhone? I think a good majority of non business users would drop their bb for an iPhone. My guess.

03-28-09 06:43 PM
    ... And for those that carry a ipod touch and a bb, how many would drop the bb if your touch had phone service?

Can u say iPhone? I think a good majority of non business users would drop their bb for an iPhone. My guess.

I carried my iPhone and HTC Touch. I cant see myself going back to an iPhone because I know my limitations- I need a physical keyboard.
    03-28-09 06:45 PM
    I carry both my blackberry storm and ipod touch. I would give up my ipod touch in a heartbeat if i could download movies to my phone. Still working on that one.
    03-28-09 06:51 PM
    ... I think a good majority of non business users would drop their bb for an iPhone. My guess ...
    Uhhh ... and why don't they? Has RIM magically brainwashed these poor users that would rather use a product that has been available for three years and written about / advertised / scrutinized in every conceivable medium in the world.

Sure ... makes perfect sense.
    03-28-09 06:51 PM
    Uhhh ... and why don't they? Has RIM magically brainwashed these poor users that would rather use a product that has been available for three years and written about / advertised / scrutinized in every conceivable medium in the world.

Sure ... makes perfect sense.
    Dripping with sarcasm.
    03-28-09 07:05 PM
    I've had an iPod Touch for awhile now, and just got a Storm. I've been using the Touch as a PDA (contacts, calendar, notes) and to listen to music and podcasts. I'm gradually figuring out how to use the Storm for all that stuff, but I think I'll keep using the Touch for music/podcasts, and for some neat apps that aren't available on the Storm.

My big problem with using both is getting my fingers to remember which one I'm using... If I've been using the Storm a lot, then, the next time I pick up the Touch, I keep trying to click down on the screen. If I've been using the Touch a lot, then I keep *forgetting* to click down on the screen on the Storm. I guess I'll get used to it eventually!
    03-28-09 07:16 PM
    Do you have a reference / link?

Interested.

Will look.

Keep in mind, I am referencing sound quality alone, which is what a lot folks seem to be basing the need to carry an extra device on.

As I said, try it yourself. Being an iPod user myself, I refused to believe it, till I ran a test myself with my youth group and parents (44-strong). We used an iRiver, iPod 4th Gen, Shuffle, Palm and BlackBerry.

We connected the devices one by one (hidden) to external speakers, and then to high quality headphones. Played the same mp3 clip.

Shockingly, in our admittedly somewhat unscientific test, Palm had the edge. We did not do a second or third sample though. Too much work.

Most people cannot tell the difference between music played on an iPod/iPhone and a high end smartphone.
    03-28-09 07:33 PM
    i thought about doing it but my wife has one so i use hers.
    03-28-09 07:43 PM
    This is how the iPhone lost it's appeal to me. I got tired of jailbraking it.

That's why I've stuck with the 2.2 firmware, and not upgraded. This preserves the baseband and allows it to be unlocked for any carrier.

The last jailbreak I did was on 1.1.4 so you can see I don't JB all that often.

I use my Touch for Music and the sweet apps. Would NEVER consider an iPhone - waste of time! I am actually about to upgrade to the 2nd Gen to get the voice capabilities: I am a Skype addict and rumour has it that Skype will be coming to the iPod Touch 2nd Gen and iPhone shortly.
    That is the one thing that I wish I had on my Bold - a dedicated Skype App. I don't carry the two around together all the time though, only when traveling. My Bold is my day-to-day go-to Device. I love it and could NOT survive without it, both personally and Professionally, but the Touch is a sweet piece of hardware that I would not want to do without
    The 2G iPT is now Jailbroken and there's a Skype-type application available via Cydia (the JB version of iTunes AppStore). Anything from Cydia is FREE, too.
    03-28-09 07:48 PM
368 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD