02-02-12 11:38 PM
368 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    For financial and personal reasons I had to give up AT&T and pick up a VZW Family Plan instead. I had purchased a $150 pair of iPhone headphones and when I sold it planned on ungiving an iPod Touch from someone and using them on that. Playing around with the Media Player on the Tour I was surprised to see that the headset would pause the music and the mic still worked and that the "scroll buttons" on the side could be used to control both volume and skip tracks. So I gave back the iPod Touch and now plan on just using the Tour for my day-to-day music needs. Plan on picking up a Zune HD 32GB at some point though for longer trips. (If only the Zune Player Software didnt suck).
    08-19-09 01:51 AM
    pshhhhtttt that what i got an iphone for........hated carrying around a cell and an ipod for my daily trips to work, took up to much space
    08-19-09 02:34 AM
    I know I wouldn't mind having a touch as I carry my bb. I don't want to drain my battery listening to some music.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-09 02:38 AM
    ^ same with me, i use my old iphone 2g as an ipod and i have no complaints, saves the battery on the blackberry!
    08-19-09 03:59 AM
    I carry both Ipod touch and my BB, some games on ipod that arent on BB but then again a game on BB thats not on ipod , .
    Most times for me BB is for phone,text mesages,weather, internet surfing,some times vzw navigator. My ipod for games mostly and music when hooked up though car sound system.

PS: I always forget to remember my ipod shuffle 2nd generation I use as well when outside doing stuff .
    Last edited by DavidNC; 08-19-09 at 04:34 AM. Reason: PS stuff added
    08-19-09 04:22 AM
    I have a 2nd Gen Nano I use in my car, but when I used to have an iPhone I used to use that to listen to my music in my car and when while I was at school. Now I only have a Bold. It's not bad, but I still plan on buying an iPod Classic to have in my car and to listen to daily.

08-19-09 04:28 AM
    I love my blackberry bold for communication, but I cannot get it to sync with ical and other apps on my Macbook Pro. Therefore I carry Ipod touch around so I have my calendar and music and photos etc. that I can't seem to get onto my blackberry. Its a crappy situation but I do love both devices. Can't wait for some new app that will make syncing seamless!
    08-19-09 10:49 AM
    I have a Storm I'm absolutely addicted to, but reluctantly carry a Touch also. My employer decided to hand out iPod Touch's to the technical staff to use for mobile email (a decision many find perplexing), but I'm fine with because I don't want work email on my personal BB. Anyway, since it cost me nothing I play around with it... I prefer the music player and Pandora on the Touch, and like playing Vampires, but am otherwise underwhelmed by the Apple product.
    08-19-09 04:01 PM
    The only reason I could justify getting an ipod Touch is for the games, and I have a PSP for that.

08-19-09 05:12 PM
    I use my Ipod Touch on a daily basis... The BB music program doesn't quite do it for me.

08-19-09 05:18 PM
    I carried around my 8GB Ipod Touch 2G for a while for the games and apps but the sound quality was so terrible I decided to go back to my Sony Walkman A729. I carry my BB Flip 8230 and the Walkman with me. I keep the Ipod in the laptop bag though. The Sony kills the Ipod in sound quality though
    08-19-09 07:41 PM
    I used to carry my iPod with my BBerry, but then I sold my iPod to accommodate space and some spare change, I regret it now....
    08-19-09 07:44 PM
    Me But Jus For More Music Capacity, Not Because Of Apps
    08-20-09 01:08 PM
    I carry my ipod touch for games and videos
    08-20-09 01:21 PM
    I don't because I'm not bothered to carry 2 devices.

I just listen to music on my BB.
    08-20-09 01:23 PM
    ME!! First gen Touch and my Storm.
    08-20-09 01:58 PM
    hi. i have a bold and an itouch. the touch is the coolest gadget i own but the bold is more than a gadget... it's a critical tool in my personal and professional life. when i travel, i carry both. on a day-to-day basis, my touch is safely housed in my bose dock so i can listen to tunes in the kitchen.

when i work out, i plug my bb into the sound system in the gym and listen to the music on my card or pandora.

if i HAD to give up one, no question -- buh bye itouch
    08-20-09 02:07 PM
    They both have there place. I prefer the BlackBerry, but there some apps that I have on my touch that are not available on the BB
    08-21-09 07:52 PM
    i'm happy with my video ipod
    08-21-09 07:52 PM
    I'm now looking forward to the new Zune HD. I can't wait for its release so I can go to a store and play with one just to make sure it will be right for me. So far I like what I see from it though and I see it being a lot better than the current 2nd Gen iPod Touch. Apple is going to have to improve their next iPod and add some much needed features that the Zune HD has.

08-21-09 10:31 PM
    Both are nice but the BB can replace the touch but not the other way around.
    08-21-09 10:36 PM
    I've had my flip for just a few hours...but yeah looks like I'll be carrying it and my ipod touch around lol.
    08-21-09 10:37 PM
    My touch stays in my truck so I don't have to look for cd's while driving, and for the gym. My BB is for everything else.
    08-21-09 10:46 PM
    Was wanting one but IDK. Thinking about 16GB card and loading up my Tour.
    08-22-09 01:10 AM
    I bought a Storm 3 months ago and then received a 32G iPod Touch for my b-day last week. I find myself using the Touch far more than my Crackberry just for the apps alone. In fact, now I will set my Storm down in the house somewhere and forget about it, but I have my Touch within reaching distance at all times. I wish Verizon carried iPhones because then I could just consolidate and carry one device.
    08-22-09 01:33 AM
368 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD