02-02-12 11:38 PM
368 ... 89101112 ...
    I use to have an iPod Touch 2G 16gb to go along with my Bold, but I rarely used it so I decided to sell it. Its a great device and I got it to replace the iPhone 3G that I had before my Bold. It just couldn't be used to its full potential without wifi. I had so many useful apps that I bought when I had the iPhone, but I couls only use them when I was in a hotspot which was rare.

For just simple music playback my Bold gets that done without a problem so I'm just using that at the moment. If you are constantly in a wifi hotspot then the Touch is a great device, but if not you're carrying a device not living up to its full potential.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-09 01:28 PM
    i've been considering buy an iphone 3gs to carry around with my bold. that way, i can have the best of both worlds: email and media.
    the only reason i'm considering a 3gs over an ipod touch is cuz i'm due for an upgrade with fido and might as well get the 32gb for $299... the 8gb ipod touch is $279 here in canada.
    08-09-09 01:47 PM
    I have the touch and the bold. It isn't so much the apps that appeal to me, as I just like having a seperate mp3 player from my phone. It doesn't exactly take up much space in my bag when I go to university either. Plus I have a bad habit of listening to music in one ear while talking on the phone

08-09-09 02:21 PM
    i have a bold and a 2nd gen 32gb touch. i got the touch to replace my old 20gb ipod mainly for movies while traveling thru airports. although itunes is bloated i make great use of the smart playlists to fill my ipod with music. the apps are better and cheaper on the touch, there are not links to web pages! i love my berry for txt'n and email, phone calls, contacts etc.

one day maybe i hope to have only 1 device, but i have no complaints about using 2 right now.
    08-09-09 04:53 PM
    I have a BlackBerry Tour and a 32GB iPod touch. They come with me everywhere. BB for phone, Internet, and messaging, iPod touch for music, apps, and OmniFocus. Internet when Wifi is available.

If there's ever an app on the BlackBerry that surpasses OmniFocus at a cheaper price, I might end up consolidating my devices and just bring the BB with me while selling the iPod for a nifty price.

After all, the things that I love about the iPod touch (customization/theming, Mac compatibility) will be coming to the BlackBerry Tour in the near future, so this makes it even more of a possibility.
    08-09-09 05:33 PM
    I can't resist the Touch. I had a 3rd gen Nano, but it was kinda useless to carry around since I got my Berry. I'm constantly on my Berry, but I need something to use when I work out. The Touch has some awesome apps, that's half the reason I'm going to buy one next month.
    08-09-09 05:47 PM
    I carry a 16gb 1st gen touch at times with my berry. I just like to keep my smartphone and media player separate.
    08-09-09 06:16 PM
    I have a Blackberry Tour (with a 16GB microSD card), an iPhone 3GS (32GB) and a 1st gen iPod touch (16GB).

I usually just carry the Blackberry around with me - its got some music and a couple of movies on it. But, when know I'm going to just be killing time with web, music or movies, I'll take one of the Apple devices with me (depending on if I'll have free wifi where I'm going (iPod) or not (iPhone)).

But most of the time, I just carry the Blackberry. All my email accounts, contacts, etc., are on it and the only number people know is the Blackberry's - so if I need to be in touch, only the Blackberry will do.
    08-09-09 06:52 PM
    I have a Ipod touch 16GB and a BB Curve 8330,All my music,vids and most games are on my ipod, one reason is because I had my ipod before my BB.Actually having the touch screen Ipod helped me make up my mind I did not want a touch screen phone.I had IMed some with the ipod and the touch screen keyboard just was not my thing.All my important stuff is on my Curve and a game as well
    PS: all my music is backup on my "puter" as well as removeable drive so thats why no worries there.
    08-09-09 07:25 PM
    I refuse to carry two devices.
    08-09-09 08:16 PM
    I carry a Touch with my Storm. I wish that I could get out of the habit. Its just that I can't play my Storm through my car right now, else I wouls probably just have the Storm
    08-09-09 08:24 PM
    I refuse to carry two devices.
    I'm curious- for those that refuse to carry 2 devices, how often are you putting your phone on the charger to compensate for that all-in-one device?
    08-09-09 08:32 PM
    I'm curious- for those that refuse to carry 2 devices, how often are you putting your phone on the charger to compensate for that all-in-one device?
    Good point...

To be fair, I do keep mine on charger more often than most, particularly when I have GPS and/or music running. Movie watching generally has me doing the same.
    08-09-09 08:45 PM
    Just the blackberry. Got lots of music and about 6 movies. System works good, and see no sense in carrying two devices. Although charging it almost everyday is kinda bothersome. Might upgrade to the extended battery see if that helps ease the burden.

08-09-09 09:25 PM
    There is no way I can believe that anyone carrying one device makes it through an entire day without requiring several charges.
    08-09-09 09:43 PM
    Now, without BT or wi-fi going, I do fairly well battery-wise, even with music.
    08-09-09 10:25 PM
    Before I even looked into BB's, I had a 30 gb video, but it got stolen around feb 08, so went and bought a 8 gb Touch, LOVED IT!!!!!
    Between Feb 08 and Dec 08, I went through 6 cellphones, but my touch stood strong, then i gotta BB 8330, was the perfect combo until I upgraded both to the BB 9630 and 16gb 2gen Touch, the perfect 1-2 punch in my eyes!
    Last edited by klsmalls1; 08-09-09 at 10:58 PM.
    08-09-09 10:45 PM
    The 8320 could not make it through one day when I streamed Pandora. I had to get the spare battery from my 8700 and put that in my 8320. The 8900 can last a whole day but I need to top it off during the second day so it'll last 2 days. That's with Pandora running for an hour or two daily and BeejiveIM running most of the day.
    08-10-09 12:41 AM
    I don't' have a touch, but I carry my 80 gig i pod with my berry (for long trips only)..... Like I can decide on only 16 gigs of music!
    08-10-09 01:21 AM
    I'm on BB #4 now (8703>8330>9530>9630) and have been always been an ipod user. When the iphone 3GS came out I got iphone fever and picked up a 16gb 2g touch and love the apps. The BB is the only thing i carry 100% of the time. Tried carrying both to use the organization, but i always fall back on the BB tour. Lack of a real keyboard hurts the practicality of the touch.
    08-10-09 02:09 AM
    I do! Those are my day-to-day device (plus motorola bluetooth headset).. Perfect combination!

08-10-09 08:58 AM
    got my 8900 and 32 GB iPod Touch on my desk right now. When i'm tired of listing to the iPod, I load up Pandora on my BB.
    08-10-09 09:57 AM
    I took advantage of Apple's "Buy a Mac, get an Ipod for free" program and upgraded to the 16GB touch for an additional $70. I wouldn't have purchased the touch at $300 though because it's not worth that much to me. I do carry both devices at the same time and mainly use the touch for internet browsing, music, and games. The only thing about the touch is that when you're on the go you can't use some of that apps because they require an internet connection. I am very impressed with the Blackberry Ipod touch combo as it suites my needs very well.
    08-10-09 10:09 AM
    I love my blackberry bold. But I hurt my ankle and am stuck at home so my husband just bought me the Ipod touch. I think it will be a nice thing to have for the games, music etc, but for a phone you can't go wrong with a berry.
    08-18-09 11:00 PM
    Sometimes I do.
    08-19-09 01:14 AM
368 ... 89101112 ...