I use my iPod shuffle when I'm at the gym. I use my BB Tour music player for most of my general listening. I find that bb music player is just as good as the ipod and no need to carry two devices.
    03-14-10 01:49 AM
    Hello evryone. I'm new around here. I carry both with me. I got a 64gb touch and a bold 9700. I figure this combo was better than to keep upgrading my phone. I just came bck from the G1. Man I love being bck
    03-14-10 09:40 AM
    I also use a 64GB touch and my BB. Don't care what anyone says for me nothing will replace my ipod for music, video, and audiobooks. That being said I do keep a collection of my fav songs on the BB just for when my Daughter is watching her treehouse shows on the touch in my truck so I don't have to listen to the shows

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-10 09:48 AM
    I also use a 64GB touch and my BB. Don't care what anyone says for me nothing will replace my ipod for music, video, and audiobooks. That being said I do keep a collection of my fav songs on the BB just for when my Daughter is watching her treehouse shows on the touch in my truck so I don't have to listen to the shows

Ipod has the music world on lock. I dont think anything can come close to them in that aspect.
    03-14-10 10:21 AM
    I do! I got the touch before my BB so I don't want to stop using it because I would have wasted money. I love my BB for everything else though!
    03-14-10 10:34 AM
    i'm still using my old trusty iPod classic together with my BB.
    battery life is always an important factor so i'm still considering if there's even a need to get a touch. (the only thing about touch is the applications, which are somewhat useless, unless i wanna use the apps to waste my time).
    03-14-10 10:49 AM
    Not me, I don't like carrying around multiple devices so just the BB

03-14-10 10:54 AM
    I have an ipod touch and use it for browsing on the sofa at times.

I am going to get a Dell Streak to replace the Touch when it comes out.
    03-14-10 11:07 AM
    The Speakers SUCK on the iPod Touch 3rd Gen compared to the BB Tours Speaker, I was going to make my touch my shirt pocket mp3 player, but I can't stand the sound compared to my Tours.

I am a dual phone wielder, and now also the iPod Touch, I gotta say the Games Apps are lots of fun on the touch, and it makes a great photo album, but as a heavy BB user, I can't stand anything typing related, I MISS the hold for cap, I hate switching screens for numbers and basic specials,

it is a great toy, but not a good business supplement tool.
    Question, do you actually listen to music using the external speaker on your device? I wouldn't be able to handle doing that...the sound quality is horrific. Reminds me of a 1972 mono AM radio..but 15 times worse. I always use the headsets

03-14-10 09:57 PM
    I too never listen to my itouch without the head phones. The speaker sounds like ***. I am anxiously awaiting the word on the new iphone as I may leave blackberry all together; depending on what changes are made.

03-14-10 10:38 PM
    Question, do you actually listen to music using the external speaker on your device? I wouldn't be able to handle doing that...the sound quality is horrific. Reminds me of a 1972 mono AM radio..but 15 times worse. I always use the headsets

Yes I use the external speaker all the time.

While driving in many parts of Northern Ontario, you can not use FM transmitters, and it is not safe to drive with headsets in both ears. so I use the speakers onboard the device, I am not a big music listener anyway, I can go without if I must, but having it is nice.
    03-15-10 08:15 AM
    It is definitely a sweet combo. I love my blackberry for work email, texting. But the iPod touch is better for games, videos and the internet hands down. Especially the Facebook App because I can chat with friends at ease. Definitely a sweet combo. Props to you.
    03-15-10 08:29 AM
    OK, it's been well over a year since I chimed in on this thread, maybe time to update my thoughts. Previously I was swapping between several berrys and a Touch was my multimedia companion.

These days I have trimmed down and streamlined. I no longer carry multiple berrys with me at any given time, and stick to my 9700 pretty much exclusively. I have also ejected the Touch in favor of a nano 5th gen, 16GB. This holds my podcasts, a few movies, and my music. I can do music on my berry if I want, and also do podcasts, but it's just not the same as having a dedicated device. My phone is still a phone/comm device at heart, and even though PodTrapper has more features than my iPod, it still doesn't replace it. Go figure - old habits die hard.

Anyway, just wanted to throw an update in the mix. It's interesting to see how this thread has morphed as long as it's been alive!

Eric

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    03-15-10 10:29 AM
    i do. i like games/music/video on my ipod better
    04-09-10 12:13 PM
    i still use my iphone as my music player.
    So yes.
    04-09-10 02:26 PM
    I carry the ITouch with a mifi. I like the iTouch for the internet because my eyes aren't good enough to see it on my 9700 screen.
    04-09-10 05:50 PM
    I got a blackberry and an Archos 5 with Android!

04-09-10 05:58 PM
    i use an iphone and a blackberry, what more do i need
    02-02-12 11:38 PM
368 ... 131415
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD