The Sennheisers kept falling out my ears. Do you still have yours?
    No...I returned them. I sold my Beats by Dre to a cousin...that "red" cord was started to get on my nerves, and I was gettin' too many "Hey-yyy little mama!" greetings, from 19 year olds.

I'm drooling over the Etymotic Hf2s, though.
    05-05-09 12:13 AM
    No...I returned them. I sold my Beats by Dre to a cousin...that "red" cord was started to get on my nerves, and I was gettin' too many "Hey-yyy little mama!" greetings, from 19 year olds.

I'm drooling over the Etymotic Hf2s, though.
    I don't remember if I've tried that brand. Sounds familiar, but I'm not 100%. I did get caught up in the Shure hype and bought them from Best Buy. They had several different models, so I bought them all, then sat in my car and listened to them there- in the event I wasn't satisfied......why burn the gas.

I ended up not liking those either.
    05-05-09 12:23 AM
    I have the Storm, and I do still carry around my Ipod Touch.

I got the Ipod Touch before the Storm came out, but ever since I got my Storm, I"ve been seeing myself not use the Ipod nearly as much, and sometimes I won't even carry it with me. I do not use my Storm for music though, so I do use my Ipod Touch for music constantly, and some of the cool apps.
    Since you don't carry your Touch anymore, do you just use it at home?
    05-05-09 12:24 AM
    Since you don't carry your Touch anymore, do you just use it at home?
    I said I don't carry it sometimes. But i use it for music at school sometimes and on long trips and plane rides. I still like having it with me though.
    And it does have some really nice apps.
    I'll use it at home i guess, but I have computers that have my music, and better internet and games, so not too much. lol
    05-05-09 12:27 AM
    I have the Storm, and I do still carry around my Ipod Touch.

I got the Ipod Touch before the Storm came out, but ever since I got my Storm, I"ve been seeing myself not use the Ipod nearly as much, and sometimes I won't even carry it with me. I do not use my Storm for music though, so I do use my Ipod Touch for music constantly, and some of the cool apps.
    I said I don't carry it sometimes. But i use it for music at school sometimes and on long trips and plane rides. I still like having it with me though.
    And it does have some really nice apps.
    I'll use it at home i guess, but I have computers that have my music, and better internet and games, so not too much. lol
    My apologies- only went by what you posted.
    05-05-09 12:32 AM
    My apologies- only went by what you posted.
    haha, no problem at all. simple misunderstanding.

But yah, I love my ipod touch and still use it, but ever since I got my Storm, I have been using it less.
    05-05-09 12:37 AM
    I don't remember if I've tried that brand. Sounds familiar, but I'm not 100%. I did get caught up in the Shure hype and bought them from Best Buy. They had several different models, so I bought them all, then sat in my car and listened to them there- in the event I wasn't satisfied......why burn the gas.

I ended up not liking those either.
    I missed that boat, and I'm glad. I have a few friends who are "audiophiles" and they think Shures are way hyped up. So, I passed.

The Etymotics are considered "flat response" earphones, so they probably won't deliver the deep bass I love, but I really like the way they look...but not enough to pay almost $200. So, I drool from afar.

If I actually decide to buy another set of earphones, I'll look at Klipsch.
    05-05-09 12:39 AM
    I missed that boat, and I'm glad. I have a few friends who are "audiophiles" and they think Shures are way hyped up. So, I passed.

The Etymotics are considered "flat response" earphones, so they probably won't deliver the deep bass I love, but I really like the way they look...but not enough to pay almost $200. So, I drool from afar.

If I actually decide to buy another set of earphones, I'll look at Klipsch.
    Its so uncanny that you said this and its got me sitting here cracking up. Although they werent friends, as in the true sense of the word, but true "audiophiles" will cause you to take out a 2nd mortgage to pay for all the crap they think is all that!

Its because of them that I've bought so many headphones because in my mind, these people know sound better than no other and here it is, they dont know sh!t.....they fail to mention that what sounds good to them may sound like a waste of time to you.
    05-05-09 12:45 AM
    Its so uncanny that you said this and its got me sitting here cracking up. Although they werent friends, as in the true sense of the word, but true "audiophiles" will cause you to take out a 2nd mortgage to pay for all the crap they think is all that!

Its because of them that I've bought so many headphones because in my mind, these people know sound better than no other and here it is, they dont know sh!t.....they fail to mention that what sounds good to them may sound like a waste of time to you.
    No...actually when I said they think Shures were "way hyped up", I meant that they think they're all "hype" and no good...that's why I passed on them. I never got a chance to test a pair.

Plus, my audiophile friends happen to be musicians as well, so they're "listening" for a level of sound that I don't need (I can sing, so I can "hear", but I don't need to hear at a musician's level). I like "enhanced" sound.
    05-05-09 12:50 AM
    No...actually when I said they think Shures were "way hyped up", I meant that they think they're all "hype" and no good...that's why I passed on them. I never got a chance to test a pair.

Plus, my audiophile friends happen to be musicians as well, so they're "listening" for a level of sound that I don't need (I can sing, so I can "hear", but I don't need to hear at a musician's level). I like "enhanced" sound.
    I got that and believe me, you didn't miss out on anything; although I'm sure there are some that would disagree.

Is that what the extra bass is called - enhanced sound?
    05-05-09 12:56 AM
    My boy at work has an iphone, and i picked it up for the first time ever the other day to see what it was all about. To be honest with you, i was not very impressed. Now if i was a teenager that wanted a device that could do an array of different and useless thing, and had a deep pocket book; the phone would be a wet dream for me. I looked at the phone as more as a media device, than a phone. Where the blackberry has media capabilities, but is more importantly a business device for most.
    05-05-09 01:55 AM
    I got that and believe me, you didn't miss out on anything; although I'm sure there are some that would disagree.

Is that what the extra bass is called - enhanced sound?
    Well, "Flat Response" means that the mic is not sensitive to any particular frequencies...so you don't get enhanced bass, treble...anything coming thru. It's "flat".
    05-05-09 08:37 AM
    I have the 8900 and a 32 GB iPod Touch (1G)

I really think it is the best of both worlds. I use the iPod for enhanced browsing and music. I already use my 8900 enough; I don't want it to die down from me listening to music 3+ hours of the day.
    05-05-09 08:46 AM
    I carry my blackberry storm and my 2nd gen ipod touch. I also have a 1st gen ipod touch and will buy the 3rd gen when it is released this fall.

Funny thing is, my storm has a lot of the same games, all my music, etc. But the apps so far are mostly better for the ipod touch, so it is mostly a gaming device these days.
    05-05-09 08:56 AM
    I carry my blackberry storm and my 2nd gen ipod touch. I also have a 1st gen ipod touch and will buy the 3rd gen when it is released this fall.

Funny thing is, my storm has a lot of the same games, all my music, etc. But the apps so far are mostly better for the ipod touch, so it is mostly a gaming device these days.
    I gave my 1st gen Touch to me niece and bought the 2nd. I have to say though, that the differences in size and the external speaker are not enough to make the switch for anyone thats considering doing so. The volume of the speaker is so low, you do better with using a headset anyway.

I gave my black 80gb (video) to my son because I wanted the white one. I don't even take that one out the house anymore. It's comfortable in a speaker dock on my nightstand.
    05-05-09 10:01 AM
    I have the 8900 and a 32 GB iPod Touch (1G)
    The 1st gen Touch didn't come in 32GB.
    05-05-09 10:03 AM
    I carry a Storm and a Cowon S9. I use the S9 mostly for music in my car.
    05-05-09 10:38 AM
    I have a 32 GB 1G touch also....no speaker....got it @ a sweet price b/c the guy wanted external speaker....took it home....jailbroke it...and boom....have all movies for my kids and myself...now they have no reason to touch my BOLD!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by joe.kent; 05-05-09 at 11:10 AM.
    05-05-09 11:04 AM
    Nope. I have a 16GB card in my Bold. No need for an ipod.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    word. My iPod become semi retired when I got my BB bold,
    05-05-09 12:07 PM
    If Im going to be listening to music, watching videos then I take my touch along with me. Which is mostly when on the subway or bus. I also prefer my touch for certain apps (facebook, spend), gaming, photos and wifi browsing.
    05-06-09 09:12 AM
    I listen to music with my BB with the dual headset and I take my itunes to my media card with media sync.
    05-06-09 09:36 AM
    i use the shiz outta my touch. almost as much as my bb. gotta have both for me.
    05-06-09 09:40 AM
    i'm getting the ipod pretty soon, but still debating should i since my storm has a 8 gig card in it to hold plenty of music
    05-06-09 09:45 AM
    i have an ipod touch and storm! kinda bulky carrying around both.
    05-06-09 10:01 AM
    use my MP3 player still (Sandisk Sansa 4gb player) Because i have it and i use because i use the rhapsody Subscription service to down load unlimited music for like 12 bucks a month to my wife's, my daughters, and my mp3 player. I hate paying 99 a song. I rather download as much as I want on 3 mp3s for the 12 bucks a month.
    05-06-09 10:06 AM
368 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD