They did a study recently, blind in nature, where they tested the sound quality of iPhone, iPod, Zune, Zen, Pearl, Palm and a few other models. The iPhone and iPod did not win.

The myth of the iPod having better output is a myth. The combined system (iTunes and iPod/iPhone/Touch) is beyond par, but the quality thing isn't true.

Don't believe me? No sweat... I didn't believe it at first either. Run the test yourself. Get some third party speakers, try the devices out with a disinterested audience.

This is what made me retire my iPod. Why would I carry an extra device when I already have a convergence device?
    Blind study or no, I go by the fact I've had 4 other brand mp3 players before ever owning an iPod, use third party headsets, and have a strong ear for music (20+ years of sax playing...I'm the girl who can hear the one out of tune instrument in the orchestra lol)...still prefer my iPod sound quality.
    03-28-09 08:09 PM
    I carry an itouch & Bold daily and use both equally. By the end of the day, both devices have about 10% of battery life left. Best of both worlds...
    03-28-09 08:14 PM
    ... And for those that carry a ipod touch and a bb, how many would drop the bb if your touch had phone service?

Can u say iPhone? I think a good majority of non business users would drop their bb for an iPhone. My guess.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I have to say this... The IPhone may be a good phone, but some things about it are held back. ATT is a decent carrier (although I think they are 2nd to Verizon), but having to have a phone that cant MMS is a big deal breaker for me and they are way more costlier than a blackberry, plus you cant just buy a new battery for it... and I dont think you can get insurance for it.

Like I said before I have my touch which I take to the gym, and use it for nothing more than an IPod with a few pictures on it. I must admit the WI-FI is kind of cool, but before I had a blackberry I never used WI-FI anyways, because I didnt want to carry around my (at the time) normal cell phone and then the Touch, I only brought it if I new I need web and WIFI was around. Now with the bb its the web built into my phone, so I dont worry...........
    03-28-09 08:46 PM
    Will look.

Keep in mind, I am referencing sound quality alone ...

... Most people cannot tell the difference between music played on an iPod/iPhone and a high end smartphone.
    Thanks. If you find the reference, would still like to have it.

Yes ... I picked up that you were talking about the sound quality, only. I am not disappointed with the the sound quality that my BB offers.

However, I can tell a difference in quality between it and the iPod and for just straight listening to music or for a handheld multimedia experience, I would choose an iPod Touch over my Bold.
    03-28-09 08:50 PM
    I carry an itouch & Bold daily and use both equally. By the end of the day, both devices have about 10% of battery life left. Best of both worlds...
    This is the reason I need to keep my devices separate. If I am going to spend my day using my phone as a music player, the battery would be dead and I will not have made it through the whole day. Many times I wasn't in a position to just drop it on a charger.
    03-28-09 08:52 PM
    Anyone know the difference between the 1st & 2nd GEN ITouch?
    03-28-09 08:53 PM
    Anyone know the difference between the 1st & 2nd GEN ITouch?
    External speakers and slimmer.
    03-28-09 08:54 PM
    i carry an ipod with me 30 gigs of awesomeness
    03-28-09 08:55 PM
    External speakers and slimmer.
    Still not a fan, but they are pretty sleek.
    03-28-09 08:57 PM
    i carry an ipod with me 30 gigs of awesomeness
    I couldn't figure out which one I wanted.
    Started w/ 80- returned it thinking I'd never fill it up.
    Got a 30- returned it cause I did fill it up.
    Got the 80 again- gave it away to my son.
    Bought the 80 one more time; cause I wanted white.

Somewhere in between the 30 & 80, I bought the iPod Touch and gave that one away last week. I plan on getting the 2nd gen sometime this week.
    03-28-09 09:03 PM
    Still not a fan, but they are pretty sleek.
    Awww CBK... you don't have to be a fan to enjoy them.
    03-28-09 09:04 PM
    Awww CBK... you don't have to be a fan to enjoy them.
    I agree. Sorry, the inner imp made me do that.

You are, in fact, correct. You do not have to be a fan to enjoy them; it just helps out if you are.
    03-28-09 09:10 PM
    I couldn't figure out which one I wanted.
    Started w/ 80- returned it thinking I'd never fill it up.
    Got a 30- returned it cause I did fill it up.
    Got the 80 again- gave it away to my son.
    Bought the 80 one more time; cause I wanted white.

Somewhere in between the 30 & 80, I bought the iPod Touch and gave that one away last week. I plan on getting the 2nd gen sometime this week.
    can i get that one if u decide to give it away lol

30 gigs is like 4000 songs i think
    03-28-09 09:15 PM
    Thanks. If you find the reference, would still like to have it.

Yes ... I picked up that you were talking about the sound quality, only. I am not disappointed with the the sound quality that my BB offers.

However, I can tell a difference in quality between it and the iPod and for just straight listening to music or for a handheld multimedia experience, I would choose an iPod Touch over my Bold.
    I can agree with that...
    03-28-09 09:19 PM
    I have both, but I really don't carry the Ipod Touch with me. It is my choice when I'm listening to music though!
    03-28-09 09:23 PM
    I will pick up an iPod touch once they reach the capacity of my 80GB iPod Classic, which is still my primary music device.........
    03-28-09 09:25 PM
    can i get that one if u decide to give it away lol

30 gigs is like 4000 songs i think
    LOL. I'm down to my 80gb which I'll probably keep. It took me a long time to find a white one. It sits in a dock on my night table and when I feel like sleeping to music I just grab the remote and drift off to la la land.
    03-28-09 09:26 PM
    Blind study or no, I go by the fact I've had 4 other brand mp3 players before ever owning an iPod, use third party headsets, and have a strong ear for music (20+ years of sax playing...I'm the girl who can hear the one out of tune instrument in the orchestra lol)...still prefer my iPod sound quality.
    So did I, till I could not tell the difference myself.

Not all music players are made equal. I will freely concede that point. I will even state that Apple has the personal music player market on lock. I believe the iPod is a superior device. However, quality-wise, I have come to believe that the the gap between the iPod and other major platforms is shrinking or non-existent.

For the life of me, I cannot find the darn report (it came out way back when I was looking at getting a BlackBerry). However, every major review seems to echo that poing. Sound: great; overall: phenomenal.

Do you still play?
    03-28-09 09:31 PM
    I am devoted to both.

Downloaded an app for $5 which enables me to watch any NCAA game on the Itouch. I like the wide screen. Also, downloaded Jimmy Buffett's new song, "We've Got A Lot to Drink About". Very Funny.

Alas, my true addiction lies with the Berry.
    03-28-09 10:22 PM
    the only thing i miss about my iphone is not being able to watch all my videos/ podcasts. So now I carry my bold and ipod touch everywhere i go.
    03-29-09 12:54 AM
    So did I, till I could not tell the difference myself.

Not all music players are made equal. I will freely concede that point. I will even state that Apple has the personal music player market on lock. I believe the iPod is a superior device. However, quality-wise, I have come to believe that the the gap between the iPod and other major platforms is shrinking or non-existent.

For the life of me, I cannot find the darn report (it came out way back when I was looking at getting a BlackBerry). However, every major review seems to echo that poing. Sound: great; overall: phenomenal.

Do you still play?
    I do, not in a bit as my poor tenor is in desperate need of an overall. It needs new pads, springs, felts. and recorking. There is a wicked leak in the lower register I can't fix on my own, but I can't bear to ship her away for repair...but when I get stressed I still bring her out and play for a while.

I had a Creative Zen Vision M that I really liked, until it got about as reliable as a Ford stays rustfree. I avoided Apple products but the interface is so gorgeous I cannot deny Apple's design esthetic is awesome. If the iPhone wasn't exclusive to Rogers, I'd probably have it instead of the Curve.

03-29-09 02:13 PM
    i carry both i love my touch i can do everything the iphone does except make calls so and the bb is great when i forget to take along the touch
    03-29-09 04:47 PM
    I have a BB Storm, 8900, and iphone. My bad! (Hence my screen name.)
    03-29-09 05:04 PM
    I am using both both Bold and Storm and use Storm mainly as an iPod Touch replacement since I don't want to carry an iPod.
    03-29-09 07:35 PM
    Nahh, I just my bb as primary music device. It gets the job done.

03-29-09 10:29 PM
368 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD