Just curious because it looks like I am about to start doing that soon...I love the Blackberry but the Touch's apps are awesome. A sweet combo.
    03-26-09 07:37 PM
    Why would I?
    03-26-09 07:38 PM
    I have both, I really don't carry the touch but its in my laptop bag. I prefer the BB browser

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-09 07:44 PM
    my sister does (she has an 8830). pretty much because her ancient ipod mini conked out on her (gave her the ipod screen of death) last month. she doesn't seem to mind it.
    03-26-09 07:45 PM
    I have a touch and it just depends where i going. If i think i might listen to music i take it with me. most of the time it stays in my laptop backpack which goes with me when i travel or to work. i like my berry put for me it cant replace my touch.
    03-26-09 07:48 PM
    Not me. I cannot do it. The Touch is a cool device, but I cannot get into them at all
    03-26-09 07:52 PM
    I skipped the Iphone due to poor ATT service in my area but just couldnt get over the smile that the touchscreen put on my face. But the Blackberry rules as an overall tool for getting more important things done as well as internet outside of hotspots.
    03-26-09 07:57 PM
    I do but not as often as before since I got a 8gig sd card to store my music now.

03-26-09 08:12 PM
    i thought about buying an ipod touch, but can't rationalize spending the dough when i have my 8900
    03-26-09 08:21 PM
    I do and it is awesome. The apps from apple are awesome. Just have to find a wi-fi to use the net to download new apps or use some of the apps.

Never leave home without either.
    03-26-09 08:27 PM
    I only use my iPod for listening to music, and it's because I had an iPod long before I ever had a BlackBerry. I don't usually carry my device around because I want to play with apps, if I did, I would buy a Gameboy. I want to text, MMS, call people, IM, and e-mail, and browse the web, not play games.
    03-26-09 08:29 PM
    No way played with it a few but my bb does every thing I ever need and as far as a mp3 player I got a 8gb sd card for my bb and it works just fine

03-26-09 08:38 PM
    I only really carry my bb since its loaded wit music when I'm working out or doing something I use my 60gb ipod video. My touch is pretty much just used around the house for fun with apps. The only time I carry it is if I load a movie on it or tv shows and I basically just bring it for portable player since 90percent of my time outside the house is spent outside of wifi zones sooo. But I wouldn't mind carrying it its nice and thin

03-26-09 08:44 PM
    I first got it to go with my BB as I thought it was best of both worlds, but I don't use it. I am looking at selling it now. I rarely use it as I already have an iPod Classic that has a lot of my music on it already. I love the apps for it, and the browser too. I sometimes think on getting the iPhone but I love my Curve keyboard.
    03-26-09 08:57 PM
    I have an ipod touch 2nd gen. Best of both worlds for me
    03-26-09 09:03 PM
    Since I got the Storm, I have pretty much put the touch on the shelf. The Storm is my mp3 player now.
    03-26-09 09:07 PM
    I still carry both... but not because the iPod Touch has better apps or anything. I just prefer keeping a music player and a phone as two separate pieces of equipment.
    03-26-09 09:10 PM
    I dont know if my touch is 1st or 2nd Gen. (Got in Feb 08) Anyhow I like the ITouch cause before my BB I wanted the web, but finding WI-FI in some areas sucks cause you cant. I mainly got it for music use it a lot at the gym.
    03-26-09 09:10 PM
    my ipod touch is for entertainment (music, Videos) my BB is for work and communication.
    03-26-09 09:12 PM
    i cant say i like the touch very much
    03-26-09 09:13 PM
    I take my BB Curve 8330 with me EVERYWHERE but my iPod Touch only comes with me when im going to be in the car for a while or something like that. I have SOO much music that I cant put it on my BB. However when im at my desk, got my BB next to me and my iPod in the speaker playing.
    03-26-09 09:22 PM
    i use my iPod Touch strictly for music
    even when i used my iPhone 3G i still used my Touch for music...
    03-26-09 09:24 PM
    I had an iPod touch 2nd gen for about three months. I really liked the device you can't beat it for mobile browsing, music, and of course the apps. I still haven't found any BlackBerry games I like as well. I enjoyed both devices for their strenghts, but when it comes down to it my phone needs to:
    1. Get great signal/call quality (it is a phone after all - lest we forget)
    2. Great email/calendar
    3. Great contact management
    4. Web browser
    5. Fun stuff/media

So that said, I think you can't beat a BlackBerry for items 1-3 and items 4-5 are decent and getting better all the time. I loved the iPod touch for items 4&5, and 2.
    If I had to, I could make do with a regular cell phone and an iPod touch as a PDA/entertainment device. But I refuse to switch away from Verizon for the iPhone.
    Oh & I wish I still had my iPod touch, but it slipped off the bathroom counter into the toilet -- hey it was a fun 3 months while it lasted
    I'm up for an upgrade next month and I think I'm gonna give the Storm a try. I like the quickness of my curve, but it feels old & a bit cheap, & a bit boring...
    If I had another $300 to blow I'd buy another iPod touch.

03-26-09 09:45 PM
    I have a 32 GB iPod Touch (1G) and an 8900 with T-Mobile.

It's an awesome combo. I like the games and apps on the iPod touch, and I have plenty of space for my music and anime. My 8900 is for radio over EDGE and everything else (calls, texting, emails, etc.)

I wouldn't give up either and both devices get used everyday.

Actually, I use 4 devices everyday...
    1) 8900 Blackberry
    2) iPod Touch
    3) Amazon Kindle (1G) for reading manga and PDFs for college and my books
    4) My pimped out DS (I love the games and puzzles!)

Being a techie is awesome.
    03-26-09 09:52 PM
    I carry my 16 GB ipod touch along with my blackberry. I primarily use it for music, but I occasionally use it for other things...
    03-26-09 09:56 PM
368 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD