I got all 50 people in my work group to bump into a BBM group. Now I've got LOTS of BBM action. Way more than whatsapp

Short Stories and Similar Submissions, a Channel dedicated to creative writing and constructive critique C003CC54C. Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    06-25-14 05:35 PM
    All the time, in fact I also included my pin information ,via signature with work emails so that clients can easily contact me. I only use BBM or text if they have neither ,tough,we will communicate by a call or email.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by crackbrry fan; 06-25-14 at 05:50 PM.
    06-25-14 05:38 PM
    I would if I had someone else who used BBM.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 05:42 PM
    The only Way to contact me for chat is BBM, and i have many many people in Asia and United States, who are forced to use BBM, if they want to do business with my company.
    06-25-14 05:44 PM
    When BlackBerry BBM first came out cross platform my BB list grew from 6 to 40

Sadly most have stopped using it
    Big complaint from Iphone users was the font size does not match their text setting

It's not possible to increase font size

There have been hiccups along the way Everytime apple update their software it messed up the BBM app

In the last week Iphone users, have been having issues message not being sent

Daughter took it off her iPhone because our family group kept updating old messages from months ago

Down for 14

Glimpse still keeps the last few happy

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 06:08 PM
    Honestly I think that this is the most absurd question. I don't have that many people whom I talk to on an instant messenger but honestly all of them use bbm. It is such an innovative and reliable piece of software. And it keeps on giving with the addition of video/voice calling I think the only place that this is going is up. I don't disagree that BlackBerry should be trying harder to get more customers but in the long run the fact that this was and it continues to be the best IM still remains. Anybody that disagrees with that has no grounds.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 06:14 PM
    Every chance I get and the more BB becomes relevant day by day I will show more people how to use it Glympse is great and a lot of fun.
    06-25-14 06:16 PM
    To be my friend you need BBM. I barely text.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 06:19 PM
    All day, all the time, business and pleasure, single most flogged app on my Q10!
    06-25-14 06:28 PM
    I use bbm to contact 3 people. The ones that I encouraged to download the app barely use it now and most have actually deleted the thing and prefer Viber or Whatsapp.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 06:41 PM
    On a daily basis
    06-25-14 06:44 PM
    I use BBM, but only on occasion. I don't use any other messaging app other than text messaging.

99.4% of the time, I use text messaging because SMS does not use up data so it is effectively free.

Most of the people I know use text messaging because it is free with any minimal monthly plan.

I know facebook paid 19 billion dollars for Whatsapp, but I don't know of anybody whom uses it and can't fathom the fact that it is worth 20 times more than the Toronto Maple Leaf hockey club.
    06-25-14 07:26 PM
    Bbm used to be very popular.

However, I use Bbm more than Facebook for feeds.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 07:35 PM
    Except for a few pesky friends who insist on NOT using BBM, I've managed to get most of my friends to download, and use BBM as one of their day-to-day IM apps. Nearing 200 BBM contacts and growing, and I'm in North America myself. Then again, not surprising when stats show Toronto loves BlackBerry, as up to 25% of Toronto smartphone users carry a BlackBerry device.

I expect usage to go up even more with Windows Phone / Nokia Phone launch, and especially when BBM Video is rolled out. Can't wait!
    06-25-14 07:40 PM
    Use it 90% of the time, email, 9% and text 1%.

We have 2 groups for work, job status and general help.

I think BB10 users use it more because of the hub. No need to open a separate app.

Z30'ing
    06-25-14 07:50 PM
    I use it all the time, I still have people who text me. I like BBM , wish everyone had it.
    06-25-14 07:57 PM
    Up until 2 years ago I used it daily with multiple people but now that all my friends switched to other then BB phones we all use WhatsAPP and they are not moving back so I do not use it anymore.
    06-25-14 07:58 PM
    I use it all day every day. My wife and I set up a home group to keep organized, I have a work group to communicate with my team. A Larger Family group to organize all the family holiday dinners and announce engagements, births and birthday wishes. Lots of friends to chat with, the list goes on and on. BBM is all I need on a cell phone

Posted VIA CB10 on Zed10
    06-25-14 08:00 PM
    I do. My sis and niece are on BBM and I just love the transatlantic BBM video calls
    campbecw likes this.
    06-25-14 09:02 PM
    I think BBM is the best messaging app out there with its ability to video chat and check whether the message has been read, etc.

BUT I can't use it since non of my friends actually use that app.

If you are a long time BlackBerry user, you probably have other friends who has used bbm from 2008 or so, but for new BlackBerry users like myself, I don't have any of my friends on BBM.

It is so annoying because I have to use different messaging apps for different friends from Kakaotalk, Facebook, etc.

Maybe BBM is more popular in other parts of the world, but here in North America, I have not met one person using BBM.

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    Use it every single day as my only messaging app. Don't do text..email is primarily for work and commercial communications. Essentially if you want to message me, you better get on the BBM wagon or call me.
    06-25-14 09:17 PM
    I use it all the time...I haven't texted since it went cross platform...and even before I wasn't texting much...I have about 30 or so contacts...I use channels all the time. I also have a work BBM set up and most of my customers use it for instant communication with me when they need a technician...I also have a BBM Channel set up for work as well so that my customers can keep up with news, service changes, new products etc...when I'm out of town I use BBM video and voice calls almost exclusively...BBM is much more powerful than the majority give it credit...

Posted via CB10
    DJ_JT604 likes this.
    06-25-14 09:18 PM
    99% BBM 1% text

AT&T Z10
    06-25-14 09:22 PM
    Never use it. Don't care for it. Prefer text. I'm clearly minority lol.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 09:27 PM
    It's the only one I use.

BB Proud
    06-25-14 09:47 PM
    Everyday! Sometimes too much, if that is such a thing Also there is about 16 users in the family.
    06-25-14 11:43 PM
175 12345 ...