I believe as Verizon repurposes CDMA for LTE, similarly to AT&T repurposes of GSM to LTE, there are performance issues. Seems that any tweaking is to improve service of the largest number of customers, so flagship Android/IOS devices seem to perform better first is what I’d expect. Second tier, carrier supported Android devices will benefit next. It just seems with 5G around the corner that BBMo/TCL sees the opening to play nicely with carriers and benefit from possible second tier OEM reshuffling. It happened before and I think it was plan until recently with TCL national counterparts.

AT&T or Verizon, doesn’t matter. It seems that BIS will be supported until bitter end but I don’t expect either carrier to pay BB to extend beyond 12/31/2019. Forget T-Mobile/Sprint doing anything to rock the boat. Both carriers are too busy with their proposed merger succeeding.

I’m curious if some of these new BB Secure announcements like CAT phone will result in some different PKB hardware you desire in an even more expensive niche form that you might be willing to pay for.
    Something like that is where we'll likely wind up. Such the pity BB had it firmly in their grasp and tossed it away as far as they could. Lol.
    06-24-18 01:26 PM
    Something like that is where we'll likely wind up. Such the pity BB had it firmly in their grasp and tossed it away as far as they could. Lol.
    But if you’re purchasing a licensed BBSecure product, I think you’ve ended up exactly where you’d be now, just from alternative route but same destination.
    06-24-18 01:31 PM
    But if you’re purchasing a licensed BBSecure product, I think you’ve ended up exactly where you’d be now, just from alternative route but same destination.
    That's true. Assuming CAT, or?, can fit BBSecure into a sanely sized, PKB-trackpad-Toolbelt-swappable battery handset... Lol.

Can't say I've watched closely. Has CAT announced a PKB?

Much as I like BIS, my biggest complaint about BIS' demise is loss of the exquisite hardware features dependent on it... A feature list starting with compactness...
    06-24-18 01:52 PM
    That's true. Assuming CAT, or?, can fit BBSecure into a sanely sized, PKB-trackpad-Toolbelt-swappable battery handset... Lol.

Can't say I've watched closely. Has CAT announced a PKB?

Much as I like BIS, my biggest complaint about BIS' demise is loss of the exquisite hardware features dependent on it... A feature list starting with compactness...
    I'm surprised that carriers have allowed BIS to remain this long. Data compression runs contra to sales goals of increased data usage.
    06-24-18 06:06 PM
    I'm surprised that carriers have allowed BIS to remain this long. Data compression runs contra to sales goals of increased data usage.
    06-24-18 07:02 PM
    Haha, I've been amazed & shocked they've let it go this long without any obvious SAF. They're obviously factoring other factors. Lol. Sort of like utility companies encouraging energy efficiency just so they can sell LESS of their product...??? Lol. Clearly other subtleties are in play. BIS is certainly a "hook" assuring my continued business with them, for example. Only about a 4th of my devices are on BIS. I'd venture to guess they worry more about losing income generated by my other devices than lost by data compression on that 25% bis. ?? Once BIS dies, we'll certainly feel the freedom to shop around.

I like bis, and most importantly the handsets that use it, but certainly suffer no delusions about expecting ANYone to suffer financially just for me. Remember, who ever pays the bill is the TRUE customer. Google's "free" OS means someone other than me is paying the bills. Which makes THEM the true customer. The end users become "bricks in the wall" when someone ELSE is paying the bill.

I'm willing and EAGER to pay my way... Including significant SAF. Just to preserve my status as paying customer!
    06-24-18 07:02 PM
    The sign up for BIS (North America) I think was on.
    https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html
    07-04-18 01:41 AM
    Probably not enough BIS users to worry about.
    07-04-18 07:49 PM
58 123