View Poll Results: My view of Blackberry

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • I�m a true Blackberry loyalist/enthusiast. Blackberry and Blackberry always.

44 84.62%
  • Using cuz it�s something different. Waiting for next best thing.

6 11.54%
  • I�m only using a Blackberry because I�m issued one at work.

2 3.85%
    Who all in here are true Blackberry loyalists? Meaning that ever since you�ve owned a Blackberry, you have been a fan and no matter what you did or had to switch you, you always longed to come back to Blackberry?

I can say that I�m a true Blackberry addict. I was a heavy Palm Treo user for years before that. Loved them. My first Blackberry was the Curve 8300 series. Ever since then, no O/S would suffice. I remember when the Palm 800w was released, I was looking forward to it. But after 3 months, I went back and bought another Curve. Then same thing with the Palm Pre, after 10 days, went back to my Curve. Then AGAIN a year later with the HTC Evo, then AGAIN, back to Blackberry. There were just things that a Blackberry was that none of those devices were. And I will be the first to tell you, I�m a tech-geek. I want the latest and greatest, and that was why I wanted to try something new with all these other phones, but nothing, NOTHING came close to what the Blackberry offered me.

I think, like many true Blackberry hardcore enthusiasts, I�ve waited for the coming of what is now Blackberry 10 for YEARS. I�ve longed for a new O/S from Blackberry/RIM, waited loyally, knowing that it WILL come one day and WITH 4G.
    Then came the news that Verizon was doing away with unlimited plan. During this time, I had the Blackberry Torch, before that, I had the Storm. Yes, I loved the Storm even with all its flaws. I had to lock in my 4G plan, so I went and got the best 4G phone Verizon had to offer at that time, which was the Galaxy Nexus. I tried making myself liking the phone, but after a couple weeks, I wanted my Blackberry back, but I didn�t have a choice. I did not like the Android O/S. I tried, but couldn�t. Even then at that time, I had no interest in an iPhone, even if it did have 4G. Don�t get me wrong, I love my iPad, but didn�t care to own an iPhone cuz it wasn�t a Blackberry.

Fast forward until this past March, when Verizon launched the Z10. I sat at the store before they opened, even though I was the ONLY ONE waiting outside. Got the phone right at 9:05AM and will never trade it for anything else.
    I just wanted a Blackberry. And I knew there were gonna be ups and downs being the FIRST to use a new O/S, and I expected to be the test-dummy for Blackberry for the first year while they get everything corrected. Even with all the bugs and flaws that the phone has, I have no desire to get rid of it. It gets frustrating sometimes, but nothing that can make me let go of my Blackberry. My frustration is probably not like most, because, I expected it to be semi-flawed being one of the first. Nothing that can�t be overcome. I have no desire to go with anything else because I know I have my Blackberry. I�ve waited THIS long and it was all worth it.

And that is how I know I�m a true Blackberry enthusiast.

I understand not everyone feels the same way. Some of us are in it only for the new factor. Some of us use Blackberry because it�s what�s assigned to them by their companies. And some of us are probably just waiting for the next best thing from Android, iPhone, or whatever. I wanna see how many true Blackberry enthusiasts are out there. I�ve been laughed at and sneered at for waiting/having a Blackberry. They tried to explain to me why the other phones are superior, but I just couldn�t see why.
    RD9700, ccdawg, mbangoza and 3 others like this.
    06-21-13 12:09 PM
    Loyal since 2002

Go Sens Go!!!!!!
    06-21-13 12:11 PM
    Loyal since 2002

Go Sens Go!!!!!!
    Wow, now that's some loyalty.

Using BB continuously since 2008 here.
    Before that many years of Motorola iDen phones, aka Mike phones in Canada.
    And a few weeks in 2007 with a BB 7520 that I didn't care for. Although turned out my reasons for disliking it were user error.
    06-21-13 12:19 PM
    I am. Even though my company abandoned Blackberry due to it's limited BYOD functionality, I wanted my Z10 regardless and I got one. Now I suffer with a patch-work solution for my work email which is a generic message forwarded to my phone with a link to my webmail so that I can check my mail securely there each time I get a work email. This is because I am not allowed on the server without their BYOD software that won't work on Blackberries without BES 10. But it's been worth it. I won't trade it in.
    06-21-13 12:27 PM
    Been loyal since my first BlackBerry. The Torch 9800. Maybe just 3 years strong

Posted via CB10
    06-21-13 12:30 PM
    I'm a phone wh0re. I love technology especially when it comes to smart phones. I am trying to convince the wife to allow me to get a HTC One, so I can have all three of the major OS's to play around with.
    PTZ likes this.
    06-21-13 12:47 PM
    Last non BlackBerry device I had was a Nokia flip phone back in 2002 ...........
    RD9700 likes this.
    06-21-13 12:51 PM
    I've always been fond of BlackBerry. They have served my needs well. I'm one of the fortunate ones in that I've never had any issues with any of my BlackBerry phones ....and I've had quite a few different models.
    maddie1128 likes this.
    06-21-13 12:51 PM
    I've been loyal since 06. Here are my previous BB's:

8100 - my introduction to the BlackBerry world, fell in love with bbm
    8800 - World Edition, this was a ballin' device, sweet design
    8900 - rad form factor, great click feel when typing, had UMA
    9700 - white model, great weight, solid design and amazing battery life out of all my BlackBerry's
    9790 - touch screen, changed the game for me, Ok battery life, nice screen resolution
    Z10 - current phone, favourite BlackBerry at the moment!

Being from Vancouver, another reason I support BlackBerry is because they're a Canadian company. Go Canada!

Posted via CB10
    06-21-13 01:17 PM
    Loyal since the first BlackBerry Pearl.

BlackBerry Pearl, Pearl Flip, Curve, Bold 8700 and now the BlackBerry Z10

Posted via CB10
    06-21-13 01:54 PM
    Got my first phone in 2009, just a little LG slider phone, then got my first BlackBerry in 2010, which was my dad's old bold 9000, then upgraded to a bold 9780 in 2011, and now I'm on the z10. Loyal user for 3 years now!

My z10 is a Leafs fan
    06-21-13 02:27 PM
    Loyal since my first BlackBerry Curve 8330 In 2008. Never even thought about switching to anything else. Waiting for bb10 to come out was a tough and long wait but I did it and couldn't be happier.

#BB10forlife

Kick'n it with my Z10. #BB10believe
    06-21-13 02:58 PM
    I can say I was a true addict until OS 7 I had the 8320 and I just hated that phone But then I decided to give blackberry another try and bought the 9380 and I love that phone .

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    06-21-13 03:54 PM
    Where's the "Don't own a BlackBerry at the moment because I'm waiting for a better model/version but I still frequent CB everyday because it's the most badass mobile forum by far" option???
    BergerKing likes this.
    06-21-13 08:18 PM
    That would be me. Left twice - once for IPhone, once for SG3. Regretted it both times. Now my Z is basically welded to my hand.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-13 08:20 PM
    I'm not a addict I just pick up when the feeling hits me.
    A little when I wake up.
    A little to get me through the day.
    You know a little just before bed to help me sleep.
    But no I'm not an addict, seriously I don't have a problem. I can stop at any time.

Posted via CB10
    maddie1128 likes this.
    06-21-13 08:23 PM
    I'm not a addict I just pick up when the feeling hits me.
    A little when I wake up.
    A little to get me through the day.
    You know a little just before bed to help me sleep.
    But no I'm not an addict, seriously I don't have a problem. I can stop at any time.

Posted via CB10
    Suuuuurrrre you can!
    06-21-13 08:26 PM
    BlackBerry loyal here!
    8330, 9650, 9930 and now a Z10...oh and a 64GB PB
    06-21-13 08:26 PM
    Can't vote. None of the options fit.
    06-21-13 08:31 PM

I understand not everyone feels the same way. Some of us are in it only for the new factor. Some of us use Blackberry because it�s what�s assigned to them by their companies. And some of us are probably just waiting for the next best thing from Android, iPhone, or whatever. I wanna see how many true Blackberry enthusiasts are out there. I�ve been laughed at and sneered at for waiting/having a Blackberry. They tried to explain to me why the other phones are superior, but I just couldn�t see why.
    Why? Because you have a mind of your own. Not everyone does.
    karaya1 likes this.
    06-21-13 08:33 PM
    I came in 06.Moved boxes in the garage for the old man last year.Only to find this dude had 3/4 green screen berrys you know the fat blue one.Which pretty much is a ''phablet'' If i think about it.Damn BB ahead of its time and we aint even know it.
    Last edited by RECOOL; 06-21-13 at 08:58 PM.
    BBVegasGirl80 likes this.
    06-21-13 08:44 PM
    Addicted from buying my first BB 8320 to my Z. Here to stay! :-)

Sent from my sexy Z10 in Sin City ;-)
    06-21-13 08:56 PM
    Got stuck to BB after I played with my brother's red 8310. I had just gotten an iphone 3G on launch day, and he came back for break soon after from college. I fell in love, and lusted after the 9000. I had to settle for Tmo's 8900, then went to android for the G1 and Droid Incredible. I continuously shuffled from there to an iPhone 3GS, BB 9700, iphone 4, Droid incredible 2, 9800, galaxy S, S2, and switched finally to the 9930, from which I did not stray until my beautiful Q10 arrived in the mail. :')

Posted via CB10
    06-21-13 10:00 PM
    I have been loyal to BlackBerry and a fan, I never gave up on BlackBerry and always said that they will release a better ios in the future and BlackBerry 10 was finally born.

Go BlackBerry Go!!!

Posted via my Z10
    06-21-13 10:06 PM
    Well, my current situation is carrier-related, not the fault of BlackBerry. My switch came because I'm a baseball fan, and last year led me to making a covering move by a switch to Android, and my carrier has yet to add a new BB10, so it isn't an option. I'm locked in 'til November at the earliest, but I'm still a BlackBerry/CrackBerry fan.
    06-21-13 10:21 PM
92 123 ...