View Poll Results: Have you had to exchange your phone because it was defective?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, never! First one was great!

65 63.73%
  • Exchanged it once.

17 16.67%
  • Had to exchange it TWICE.

10 9.80%
  • Had to exchange it 3+ times!

10 9.80%
    I'm going to be on my 4th exchange in less than a month --- yes, the FOURTH! --- because I keep getting defective models with very strange things wrong with them (one reset itself every time I typed an email, another made a constant noise like I was pressing down a button even after it was OFF, and now there's something wrong with my trackball). So, I'm just curious if anyone else has had to exchange theirs because of 'defective' problems with it? If so, how many times until you finally got one that worked correctly? And what was the model?

Thanks!!
    01-25-09 06:19 PM
    None.

Mine worked out of the box. Upgraded the OS a few weeks later. 6 months later and it's still working great!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-09 06:20 PM
    Mine seems to work great but have only had about a month.....So hopefully will continue!!
    01-25-09 06:24 PM
    With my current 8830 Which I recieved after my 8703e was bricked. I have had more probs out of this phone in 3wks than my 8703 in 1.5 yrs. so I'm sure they'll be ordering me a curve very soon
    01-25-09 06:30 PM
    Bought my first one off eBay, didn't work well, so I had to go through a lot of hassle to get most of my money refunded. The second Curve I got from a Crackberry member was perfect!
    01-25-09 06:35 PM
    I exchanged my 8330 a couple of times before Sprint realized there wasnt anything wrong with my device-they needed to reset my account for some reason to get my service to work properly. Ugh....oh well.
    01-25-09 07:00 PM
    Curve -Just once. Had a trackball that would no longer scroll left. The
    replacement however has performed flawlessly.

Pearl - never have had a single issue with it.
    01-25-09 07:54 PM
    Hi, let me just say that I went thru 6 BB & just decided 2 stay with this one only because it was the best working one. I have Tmobile & from my understanding they were all new & not refurbished. The best thing I can say is just hang in there but if u get 2 a point where ur tired of going thru the exchanges, them ur carrier u rather not deal with another BB of the same model but instead want 2 speak 2 a supervisor bcuz u want another phone. It will work, u just have 2 be persistant.

01-25-09 08:01 PM
    I've had 3 BB's and never returned one or had to exchange it. Maybe I'm just lucky.

01-25-09 08:25 PM
    My Pearl and Curve both worked perfectly right out of the box and over a year later, they both work just as perfect as before... actually, they are better after updating the OSs.
    01-25-09 09:09 PM
    had to exchange my Bold the day after i got it... the replacement is working within an acceptable range of problems. of course, when i say "problems" I mean things that bother me personally... and i'm super picky and no phone has ever been perfect for me...
    01-26-09 02:33 AM
    I originally brought an At&t branded Bold. I was pissed off At&t removed the Network selection feature. So I went ahead and brought a Rogers unlocked Bold like 2 weeks later. Then sold the At&t Bold on craigslist. Not sure if that really counts as an exchange?
    01-26-09 02:51 AM
    I have exchanged my Bold 2x because the first 2 had problems and the 3rd Bold is great!

Charlie
    01-26-09 03:08 AM
    Got lucky with the first one, no problems so far *knock on wood
    01-26-09 03:49 AM
    Haven't had to exchange my Bold yet. Been a couple of months.

However I did exchange my ex-Curve about 8 times.

01-26-09 04:31 AM
    I've had both a 8120 pearl and the 8220 pearl flip both replaced once each. T-Mobile is amazing at customer service and they replaced both my phones without too much hassle. Been with the 8220 for 3-4 months now and I love it to death!

01-26-09 04:40 AM
    Curve owner here...perfect out of the box....updated OS...still perfect. (knocks vigorously on wood).
    01-26-09 06:23 AM
    First and only Curve has worked like a champ since September, even through four OS upgrades.
    01-26-09 06:43 AM
    None, the bold has worked faultlessly from day one.

01-26-09 07:07 AM
    exchanged. threw one at a vzw manager. so I am on my 4th bb storm.

32/m/NJ
    pin: 30569658
    twitter.com/geeanywhere
    01-26-09 07:17 AM
    Zero times, mine was great out of the box.
    01-26-09 08:19 AM
    Exchanged my Curve once, pretty much in the first 8 hours, noticed there was a gouge in the screen, thought I did it at first, until I noticed that the same gouge was in the screen cover and the plastic bag the phone was in when it was unwrapped. So trotted it back up to the store the next morning.

Now I don't mind a new item having smug or two, but I got first dibs on gouges, dents and scratches.

So technically there was nothing wrong with the phone as far as it's function. Just had what looked like a tool mark on the screen.
    01-26-09 08:45 AM
    I took my Storm back twice, first one's clicky screen went faulty and the second one i took back due to it's very erratic signal, that model was definitely not ready for release imo!!!
    I then decided to get the Blackberry Curve 8900 which i took back and swapped for a Blackberry Bold 9000 due to lack of 3G and a keyboard that was too small for my fingers so i'm on my fourth Blackberry device in less than 2 weeks. I am VERY pleased with the Bold tho
    01-26-09 09:04 AM
    I bought my Bold on Nov 4th,the day they came out for AT&T. It woked fine til about Dec 20, when it would not charge and only had a blinking red light.Since it was past 30 days I had to get one from AT&T by fedex and the new one is working fine so far. Crossing fingers
    01-26-09 10:21 AM
    8830 and Bold. Never a problem.
    01-27-09 01:05 AM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD