Challenge Accepted by bhumko1999, on Flickr

Bhumko is me btw. lol
    02-28-11 11:35 AM
    Wow, looks like I have some texting catch up to do.
    02-28-11 01:24 PM
    8126. That's on the high end of average. I'd say it's usually around 6k to 8k. If I didn't have BBM, you could probably add between 1k and 2k to that.

I understand how kids these days text so much. I personally see an increase when I don't have much to do. Like when I was on vacation for 10 days over Thanksgiving last year or a couple years back when I spent 6 weeks off work because of a hospital visit. So while I do go through a lot of text messages, going over 10,000 every month would be a challenge for even me. I'd have to start talking to people I don't really like. Ha. Or have chatty high school friends again, which helps with that. Like most adults, not only do I have a job, but everyone I talk to has one which takes precedence over texting.
    03-01-11 12:05 AM
    I will see if I can bring it up, but last month, I got a little over 32,000. Serious as a heart attack. That was a lot of texting. Torch aint too bad to text with.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-11 02:06 AM
    Well, I looked it up. Bill period for 12/14/10-01/13/11 is showing 32,284 SMS. Wow. Thank GOODNESS for unlimited text!

03-01-11 02:18 AM
    32,000 is more than obsessive....do you sleep?

03-01-11 02:06 PM
    Well, I looked it up. Bill period for 12/14/10-01/13/11 is showing 32,284 SMS. Wow. Thank GOODNESS for unlimited text!

Holy crap! You're my new role model. Haha. I'm at about 2 to 3 thousand. In high school, my average was at least 3,000 a month though.
    03-01-11 04:34 PM
    My design company requires me to text clients through out the day and I have a personal life so mine is around 8k.
    03-01-11 05:38 PM
    Here's the usage...

03-01-11 06:50 PM
    32,000 is more than obsessive....do you sleep?

Occasionally... Yes. That is an all-time high. That was a LOT of texting.

Holy crap! You're my new role model. Haha. I'm at about 2 to 3 thousand. In high school, my average was at least 3,000 a month though.
    Thank you, sir!! I think my average is around 6000-8000 or so. Last month was a busy texting month... (Duhhh me)
    03-01-11 07:29 PM
    That picture shows the inclusion of data on that total. Your actual text message usage may very well be less. For example, according to my data, mine is near 12,000. I only send about 8k texts, though.

at 32,000 text, assuming only 4 hours of inactivity a day, that's a text message every single minute of every single day. Though obviously not impossible, it seems improbable that those are all send and received from people. How many texts are from Facebook? Twitter? Things that aren't people that just send you hundreds and thousands of texts? My facebook accounts for somewhere between 100 and 200 texts a month and aside from a couple from Victoria Secret, I don't get any others.

32,000 is a lot of texts. As much as I love texting, if I ever made it to that many I'd have to go back and really consider what's important to me. That many texts mean I had no time for anything else.
    03-01-11 08:26 PM
    That is actual sms count. My data usage is seperated. Yes, texting multiple people ALL day, and little sleep, can get the count that high. Receiving two or three messages a minute, and replying withing a minute or two. But yes, that is the actual number of sms, sent and received. I am positive... And yes, it took my all my time up for that month. I had people actually getting irritated. But, that count, it is accurate. Prolly had a total of one or two from facebook, daily. No twitter, at all. I don't subscribe to any sms notifications. I use my e-mail. I did a little figuring. I would have to send/receive 66 sms/hour for about sixteen hours a day in order to get a count that high. When texting two or three people, that like to talk, that is possible... I think. Hey, I might be wrong. But on my "paper bill" that is the count of sms. My data is hovering around 76 MB.

03-01-11 09:07 PM
    It's possible, and it's not like I don't believe it could happen. I guess it just seems excessive. Spending that much time on any one thing, be it work, your phone, computer, TV, whatever, isn't healthy. I think my limit would be about 10k or 11k before I'd have to start looking at what I'm doing.

03-02-11 12:12 AM
    Here's the usage...

Wow!! 32,284?? And I thought my friend who averages 4,000 per month was a textoholic. You, my friend, have a severe case of textitis :P

Last edited by luqman24; 03-02-11 at 12:29 AM.
    03-02-11 12:27 AM
    How many can you store before you need to delete ?.
    I have the torch.
    Thanks.

03-02-11 03:36 AM
    I don't feel so bad about my previous number anymore. My current one is 15,325

03-02-11 06:23 AM

so how many does a blackberry hold before you need to even delete?.
    i got the torch.

thanks...
    03-02-11 08:54 AM
    Well I actually just cleared my sms memory of text... If u go to options -status- then hit the bb symbol and got to database sizes u can see how many text u have in ur device... When I cleared it I had 10,587.. Which is a lot of text and took up 7mb of memory..

dm4nn likes this.
    03-02-11 12:45 PM
    so how many does a blackberry hold before you need to even delete?.
    i got the torch.

thanks...

I've never gotten a notification to delete texts I just delete them a few times a day

03-02-11 01:51 PM
    Your BB could listerally hold 100,000s of texts. 10,000 texts will be roughly 5mb. So depending on how much free memory you have, you could hold a lot of texts.

03-02-11 01:56 PM
    It's possible, and it's not like I don't believe it could happen. I guess it just seems excessive. Spending that much time on any one thing, be it work, your phone, computer, TV, whatever, isn't healthy. I think my limit would be about 10k or 11k before I'd have to start looking at what I'm doing.

I know, it WAS excessive. (You're starting to sound like my mama now...) Oh, and I looked at this month's paper bill, and that number IS accurate for the SMS count. It show the amount of outgoing/incoming texts. For example, this last month's bill showed "Text/Instant Msgs Incoming 13,514" "Text/Instant Msgs Out 13,205". Data access is separate, at 76 MB... (That was bill cycle 01/14/11 - 02/13/11. The cycle in question 12/14/10 - 01/13/11) I don't use Instant Messaging either; so that is all text. A total of... 26,719 for that bill cycle. For comparison, my sister's count shows "Text/Instant Msgs Incoming 3,060" "Text/Instant Msgs Out 3,205". For a total of 6265. Whew. That was a little bit of figuring...

Wow!! 32,284?? And I thought my friend who averages 4,000 per month was a textoholic. You, my friend, have a severe case of textitis :P

Yes sir, I think I figured that part out... That is what happens when you mix a love of texting and a love of Berry.

Oh boy!!! I have a competitor!!!! Yay!

As ya'll can tell, I am stuck on getting this validated. Whether I was right or wrong. *Drops the stick and walks away from the dead horse I started to beat*
    03-02-11 04:04 PM
    Well I actually just cleared my sms memory of text... If u go to options -status- then hit the bb symbol and got to database sizes u can see how many text u have in ur device... When I cleared it I had 10,587.. Which is a lot of text and took up 7mb of memory..

Did your individual sms threads start lagging any at all??
    03-02-11 04:06 PM
    Did your individual sms threads start lagging any at all??

No not at all... I couldve keep going and not notice anything but I had jus happened to be in datasizes and noticed how many text I had in there... So I decided to clean some threads out..

03-02-11 04:43 PM
    No not at all... I couldve keep going and not notice anything but I had jus happened to be in datasizes and noticed how many text I had in there... So I decided to clean some threads out..

Wow. That is interesting. Mine start to lag after a while. Well, not the thread itself, but when I would select a thread to view, it would get sluggish while loading it. Could have been a bug, or something. Don't know.
    03-02-11 05:08 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD