Maybe it is because I am a college student and don't have a ton of money, but I couldn't imagine paying full retail price for a phone. I was curious to find out how many people didn't want to wait to upgrade and pay the 1 year/2 year contract price.
    09-03-09 06:14 PM
    I almost did before I got my pearl for the job I do.. I didn't want a contract and was thinking of switching when the new phone providers got here which they still havent

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-09 06:18 PM
    See, now that's the difference between being a college student and being someone with a decent job. I paid almost full price because I wasn't due for an upgrade any time soon. Yes, it's a lot of money but I'm an IT person and technology is kind of my vice I except this as one of my few faults Still, I don't do this any more than I can afford to which isn't very often. I guess it depends on how moved I am by the device. In this case, my 8900 was well worth it.
    09-03-09 06:32 PM
    Never!! Lol I dnt think I could ever pay full retail price for a phone no matter how great it is...I got my Bold brand new for $250 jus 2 weeks after it released (I got connections ;D lol)
    09-03-09 06:34 PM
    Yep, bought and paid for at the Rogers store. It was the only way for me to get it but considering I spend about $3500 on a new PC every year it wasn't much of a stretch.
    09-03-09 06:56 PM
    See, now that's the difference between being a college student and being someone with a decent job. I paid almost full price because I wasn't due for an upgrade any time soon. Yes, it's a lot of money but I'm an IT person and technology is kind of my vice I except this as one of my few faults Still, I don't do this any more than I can afford to which isn't very often. I guess it depends on how moved I am by the device. In this case, my 8900 was well worth it.
    Exactly, if I did have a decent full time job it might not be such a big deal. I was hesitant to spend the $100 that I spent for my tour. I was going to wait for it to go down, but I couldn't wait much longer I wanted it too bad. lol. I love it so much more than my Motorola Q.
    09-03-09 07:06 PM
    I have never and will never pay full retail for a phone
    and I have an incredible job and certainly can afford to.
    09-03-09 07:08 PM
    Would never pay full retail for any phone.

Not worth my money.
    09-03-09 07:37 PM
    I almost went out and bought a Bold for retail price, but decided I didn't need it that bad. Bought one 2 weeks ago and after rebates only paid $90.00 for one. Was it worth the wait-no. I wish I had bought it when it came out!!!
    09-03-09 08:13 PM
    Exactly, if I did have a decent full time job it might not be such a big deal. I was hesitant to spend the $100 that I spent for my tour. I was going to wait for it to go down, but I couldn't wait much longer I wanted it too bad. lol. I love it so much more than my Motorola Q.
    Please never again compare a BB to a Motorola Q. Its just embarrassing for the BB to be put even next to that thing :P

But I got a free iPhone from a friend (wasn't the best condition), Traded it for a BB storm which was in okay but not perfect condition, then traded it for a 8900 and got a replacement because it kept shutting off, other guy didn't know what to do with it but I knew it was still udner warranty so I took it and gave him my storm! Am I horrible or what lol
    09-03-09 08:16 PM
    Yup, I will be buying the 8900 full retail price. Instead of paying $500, I'm getting it for $175 next month. Nothing further!

Thnx, �Tripster�

09-03-09 08:17 PM
    I did, my current Curve cost me �260, I also paid full price for my Bold, Nokia N97 and iPhone 3G. My curve was the cheapest out of all of them, the Nokia was the most expesive at �370. The money I used to buy my curve is actually the money I made from selling my Storm and buying a Bold and then losing that Bold and getting insurance money lol
    Last edited by sheppy1; 09-03-09 at 08:42 PM.
    09-03-09 08:25 PM
    ROFL a Motorola isn't even in the same boat as a BB.
    09-03-09 08:31 PM
    I paid full price because I didn't want to extend my contract.
    09-03-09 08:32 PM
    I paid full retail for my tour, but I had someone that was buying my storm for $300. If I wouldn't have had someone to buy my storm I wouldn't have paid full retial.
    09-03-09 08:36 PM
    i paid full retail price for most of my phones, nokia e71, iphone 3g, 8320, 8900, and my first bold, which i sold it and went with an iphone. well, after about 3 months i gaved the iphone to my brother, and rebought myself a new bold lol.
    09-03-09 08:40 PM
    I had to pay $7 dollars... I had a voyager and when the Storm came out I just had to have it!!! Exchanged my voyager... best decision I've ever made!
    09-03-09 08:43 PM
    I would never pay full retail for a phone, unless I am mega rich when I'm older. It's kinda ridiculous for the average American to pay that much for a.... phone.
    09-03-09 09:15 PM
    I have and will again

09-03-09 09:19 PM
    I have before but with my tour was eligable for upgrade so it wasn't too bad. Also bought my son a curve for 50 bucks

09-03-09 09:33 PM
    i must be a loser cuzz i paid full price with no rebates for my Tour.I havent put my Pearl 8130 up for sale yet because i just dont know what its worth and i also have and i mean i have just about every charger,holster with and without clip,hard case and soft with extra batt. its pretty hard to sell when you have everything i think cuzz it all has to go i wont sell piece meal.
    09-03-09 10:02 PM
    i have and will again the day the storm 2 hits verizon
    09-03-09 10:07 PM
    I did on my razr 2 V8 and then i went to at&t and got a 8310 didnt like it so i bought the bold out right and AT&T unlocked it for free bc of that
    09-03-09 10:15 PM
    I have paid full retail for many phones
    09-03-09 10:27 PM
    Yep for my 8900..but sold my previous 2 phones on fleabay and broke even
    09-03-09 11:17 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD