Does anyone know how many PBs have been sold to end customers? If not, do we know how many PBs were shipped to retailers?

In these forums I have seen anywhere between 100,000 to 900,000. Does anyone know what the number actually is? Wil RIM ever release this? I would think that if the number is good they should release it since it will encourage the DEVs...

Just wondering...

Alon
    02-09-12 10:23 AM
    i think RIM said it was around 900k right? they did release sales figure for each quarter, just add them up

edit: Says on wikipedia, 800k ending november, so i would think it might be over 900k now?
    Last edited by Silverfern; 02-09-12 at 10:48 AM.
    araskin likes this.
    02-09-12 10:45 AM
    edit: Says on wikipedia, 800k ending november, so i would think it might be over 900k now?
    My read of the Wikipedia article is that RIM *shipped* 800k to that point, and of course counts those as sales, which is correct for a manufacturer.

Every indication is that the channel is still stuffed, with various resellers trying different don't dare call it a closeout promotions to move the product, so I would not expect that end users have 800k to this point.
    02-09-12 10:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD