Does anyone know how many free CALs come with BESx?

I have seen on their webiste where it says 75 users, and another place it says 2.

Anyone know which it is?

Thanks.
    04-28-10 01:44 AM
    it depends on the setup... but i think you can have up to 1000.

i think the 75 is a limit if it is installed on the exchange server.
    04-28-10 08:33 AM
    That's what I thought, but when we downloaded the BESx, we were told by Blackberry it's only 2, despite what the website says.

Does anyone here use BESx and have more than 2 free CALs?
    04-28-10 09:34 AM
    BESx is free with unlimited licenses. However, if you install BESx on the same box as Exchange you're limited to 75 users or 2000 on dedicated server(s)
    Click link for the chart info.
    http://na.blackberry.com/eng/service..._021610_v3.pdf
    04-28-10 11:14 AM
    Right, that's what I understood, however the IT guy from my company was told by Blackberry, I believe that we can only get 2 free CALs, which doesn't make any sense to me, based on the above.

Has anyone gotten more than 2 CALs free with BESx?
    04-28-10 12:01 PM
    I'll have to have a look when I can get round to setting up Windows Server 2003 and Exchange Server 2003 in a vertual PC machine on my laptop, been meaning to set it up for a week to have a play with BES, mainly to see if it's true about being able to connect through a carrier BIS account as I've read reports on here that Verison make users upgrade to a BES account to connect to a BESx server, and I've not seen anything about UK carriers and BESx.

Roland

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-28-10 12:52 PM
    i have like 7 users on my besx install.

and we have users with bis and bes data plans. if you dont have the bes data plan then you can only activate through the desktop manager.
    04-28-10 07:36 PM
    i have like 7 users on my besx install.

and we have users with bis and bes data plans. if you dont have the bes data plan then you can only activate through the desktop manager.
    So, all sever users are using free CALs from BESx?

What does it mean, that if one is using BIS, they can only activate through Desktop Manager?

Thanks.
    04-29-10 12:48 AM
    yes all users are using free cals for besx.

the one user that does not have the enterprise plan gets the full functionality of the besx except he can not activate over the air.
    05-03-10 11:58 AM
    i have 20 users all on BES plans and did not pay for any cals
    05-03-10 12:45 PM
    In terms of getting free licenses, would it matter is we were talking about phones on BIS plans instead of BES?
    05-03-10 12:50 PM
    yes all users are using free cals for besx.

the one user that does not have the enterprise plan gets the full functionality of the besx except he can not activate over the air.
    What does it mean - not being able to activate OTA?
    05-03-10 12:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD