I'm thinking of deleting mine too.
    As BBM is a core app, do we have to resort to using the desktop manager and application loader?

The last time I used the application loader, I had a error 507 or something like that...
    And I had to reinstall the OS. It literally took me 4 hours to get everything back to factory default :[
    Wow. I deleted mine a while ago when I was trying to free up memory. I deleted languages that I didn't need as well. From what I recall, I just when to Options/applications when the list pulled up I deleted what I didn't want. Not sure how many MB it cleared up but it was a lot in combination with all the other apps I got rid of. I even got rid of Texas Holdem (I'm not a big game player).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-10 06:13 AM
    Care less about bbm , I luv email though ,from a hospital
    Bed is the best and only world besides tv ,radio etc

09-13-10 07:19 AM
    I'm thinking of deleting mine too.
    As BBM is a core app, do we have to resort to using the desktop manager and application loader?

The last time I used the application loader, I had a error 507 or something like that...
    And I had to reinstall the OS. It literally took me 4 hours to get everything back to factory default :[
    To delete BBM, you'll need to download it from App World and replace the existing version. Once that is done, you will be able to delete it from the applications menu as you would any other app.
    09-13-10 07:37 AM
    Use it? Nope...I have unlimited SMS and none of my acquaintances have BB's.
    Looks like a decent program with some nice features, but if my buddies aren't rocking a BB, then its of no use to me.
    09-13-10 08:22 AM
    To delete BBM, you'll need to download it from App World and replace the existing version. Once that is done, you will be able to delete it from the applications menu as you would any other app.
    Oh wow, that's really simple, haha.
    I will try that. Thank you very much :]
    09-13-10 12:34 PM
    I don't use it, and I miss it like crazy. When we first got our data plans, my husband and I used BBM a ton! I grew to love the "r" and "d". My sister and I also were prolific BBMers. Alas, my husband moved to the Samsung Vibrant and my sister the iPhone. Now I don't know anyone else who has a Berry and BBM.
    09-13-10 12:41 PM
    Most of my friends don't have a blackberry (im trying to convert them haha)
    So I rarely use it. Only really talk to one person from time to time
    09-13-10 01:00 PM
    Most of my friends don't have a blackberry (im trying to convert them haha)
    So I rarely use it. Only really talk to one person from time to time
    Same here. Nice Blog!
    09-13-10 01:08 PM
    I deleted BBM. I don't know anyone with a BB

09-13-10 01:59 PM
    well, luckily i know many ppl from Fb that have a BB, many of whom ive known 20 yrs or more, and ill prolly be meeting more ppl from these forums as long as i stick around...so once i do get my BB soon, ill have plenty of ppl to talk to on BBM, so thats one app im definitely keeping.
    09-13-10 02:14 PM
    I do not use it. haven't tried. Isn't it just like sms except it blocks out all my friends that do not have blackberrys?
    Not quite. BBM does not "block" anything per se but it is a closed communication
    system - BlackBerry to BlackBerry.

There are several advantages BBM has over SMS/MMS:

1) No, or rather, a really long character limit, as opposed to 140 for SMS.
    No need for an additional app to workaround that.

2) Free for international use. That is if I sent a BBM to Forums Moderator Branta
    who resides in the UK or one of the Mods from Canada it would be no
    additional charge. If I sent an SMS, international rates would apply.

3) Easier to tell when a message has been delivered and opened as there
    will be a "D" for delivered and a "R" for read next to the message.

4) Easier to attach files, pictures, videos, voice notes, etc.
    09-13-10 07:26 PM
    Not quite. BBM does not "block" anything per se but it is a closed communication

2) Free for international use. That is if I sent a BBM to Forums Moderator Branta

AG, wouldn't your #1, #2, & #4 also apply to any of the other instant messengers like Google Talk and Windows Live messenger, etc.? If so, then that may be good way to communicate to one's contacts that don't use BlackBerry.
    09-13-10 07:32 PM
    AG, wouldn't your #1, #2, & #4 also apply to any of the other instant messengers like Google Talk and Windows Live messenger, etc.? If so, then that may be good way to communicate to one's contacts that don't use BlackBerry.
    You are absolutely correct. I use Yahoo IM with a bunch of folks that don't
    have BlackBerrys or simply don't wish to use BBM. Google Talk is also very,
    very good.
    09-13-10 07:57 PM
    I just started using it and I think it is great! Quite a of my family and friends have Blackberries so it is a great way for us to communicate.
    09-13-10 10:35 PM
    Same here. Nice Blog!
    hey thanks
    09-13-10 11:20 PM

good to know thanks
    09-13-10 11:22 PM
    This. I kept it off my 8130 for space, and still don't have it on my S2 as I still have memory conservation habits from the 8130 days. Most people I use messengers with are yahoo users with a smattering of windows live. Not very many friends have a BB; all but three are Android owners with the exception of a couple iPhones.
    09-14-10 04:32 AM
    I use it to make a quicklist of commonly texted contacts, and if one so happens to use BBM, I use bbm instead of sms.
    09-14-10 04:04 PM
    I no longer use BBM. I did when I had my 8120, but now no longer have any need for it. I've since deleted BBM and freed up quite a bit of app mem.
    09-14-10 04:37 PM
    Pretty much never use BBM. Works better than any of the other chat clients by far, but none of my friends have ever been BB users.

Would be nice to replace sms with it though, since SMS is such a ridiculous rip off...
    09-14-10 04:50 PM
    I don't use it either, No one I know has a BB and I live in a rural area. I do text quite abit.
    09-15-10 09:55 AM
    the question is who uses BBM Chat, now that was a waste to add
    09-15-10 11:35 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD