I'm asking because Someone challenged me. I just wanna know.

Laptops have like 9 cells, My Alienware has 8. I want to know how much the BB has. Mostling wondering about the D-X1 and the M-S1.

Thank you.
    01-06-11 09:00 AM
    I believe cellphone batteries have three - four cells in them.
    01-06-11 09:06 AM
    I'm asking because Someone challenged me. I just wanna know.

Laptops have like 9 cells, My Alienware has 8. I want to know how much the BB has. Mostling wondering about the D-X1 and the M-S1.

Thank you.
    Well, reading from Answers.com - How many cells does a 12-volt battery have it seems it has 6 cells.
    01-06-11 09:06 AM
    Well, reading from Answers.com - How many cells does a 12-volt battery have it seems it has 6 cells.
    Cell phone batteries are not 12v, they are usually around 3.6v.

Now that I'm thinking of this more, I don't think cell phone batteries have cells. Their like the tub type batteries (AA, AAA) but in a different form factor. I was originally thinking of the old cell phone and cordles phone batteries that used to be theree AA batteries in series.
    01-06-11 09:33 AM
    In risk of sounding like an !diot-lol- aren't cell ph batteries lithium and the 'regular' batteries like aa, aaa, etc. Made from akaline-making it a different make-up? So then at that point does a cell ph batt have 'cells'?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-11 09:44 AM
    In risk of sounding like an !diot-lol- aren't cell ph batteries lithium and the 'regular' batteries like aa, aaa, etc. Made from akaline-making it a different make-up? So then at that point does a cell ph batt have 'cells'?

A battery only has cells if it is a battery pack. A battery pack contains multiple batteries (cells) tied together. This is why laptop batteries have cells and cell phone batteries do not.

Cell phone batteries are Lithium Ion. This is different from Lithium. Lithium batteries are not rechargable but Lithium Ion are. Lithium batteries can come in AA and AAA (Energizer Lithium) just like the Alaline batteries.

Battery (electricity) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Last edited by valorian; 01-06-11 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Typos
    01-06-11 10:16 AM
    A battery only has cells if it is a battery pack. A battery pack contains multiple batteries (cells) tied together. This is why laptop batteries have cells and cell phone batteries do not.

Cell phone batteries are Lithium Ion. This is different from Lithium. Lithium batteries are not rechargable but Lithium Ion are. Lithium batteries can come in AA and AAA (Energizer Lithium) just like the Alaline batteries.

Battery (electricity) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    ooooooooohhh. Ok. I actually did understand that lol. Thanks! (as for the lithium batt, I did mean the lithium ion also )

01-06-11 10:31 AM
    Batteries don't have cells, only organic substances have cells. Like trees, people, algae, etc.
    Does that mean that cell phones are organic?
    01-06-11 07:37 PM
    No, it means they aren't organic. Read carefully. ".....batteries DON'T have cells....."
    So what about laptops, that do generally have cells. Are THEY organic?
    01-06-11 09:03 PM
    Clearly a laptop is organic. The scientific jury is still out on the classification of a cell phone. Early rumors point to smart phones being organic while dumb phones (including anything running windows mobile) to be non-organic.

01-07-11 08:44 AM
    Batteries don't have cells, only organic substances have cells. Like trees, people, algae, etc.
    2.any of various small compartments or bounded areas forming part of a whole.

7.Electricity.
    Also called battery, electric cell, electrochemical cell, galvanic cell, voltaic cell. a device that generates electrical energy from chemical energy, usually consisting of two different conducting substances placed in an electrolyte.

Cell has multiple definitions. #2 gives credence to #7 as to why batteries are referred to as 'cells'.

Last edited by BergerKing; 01-07-11 at 09:02 AM.
    01-07-11 08:58 AM
    Are you like this on Facebook, also?
    Actually, after I completed the post, the reason for the terminology was completed. But thanks for playing.

01-07-11 09:07 AM
    Any logically thinking person knows that when someone is asking a question regarding batteries that they are talking about non-organic cells.

From Merriam-Webster Dictionary

5 a (1) : a receptacle containing electrodes and an electrolyte either for generating electricity by chemical action or for use in electrolysis (2) : fuel cell
    b : a single unit in a device for converting radiant energy into electrical energy or for varying the intensity of an electrical current in accordance with radiation

Remember there are words in the English Language that are spelled the same way but have mulitiple meanings
    Last edited by valorian; 01-07-11 at 10:32 AM.
    01-07-11 10:24 AM
    I think you like this banter much more than I do.
    And yet you still post....

01-07-11 11:05 AM
    Excel clearly is organic.

01-07-11 11:11 AM
    Excel clearly is organic.

Good point. Jails are organic too.
    01-07-11 11:16 AM
    I think you like this banter much more than I do.
    What did you expect to happed when making a comment like you did?
    01-07-11 11:27 AM
    Oh, jails. Never thought of that. Good point! Clearly organic!

01-07-11 01:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD