The interesting question is why too many iphone lovers in a BB forum?
    I think all of you are not so sure about the switch you did posting here everyday, trying to convince everybody.

That's very strange for me... If you know the iphone is better... What are you doing here?
    Welcome to CrackBerry. Your first post contains a lot of good sense.

Like you I do not undestand why Accidental Post keeps up his almost evangelical support for the iPhone. He has one and he likes it. I am happy for him. Really.

I tire of his continual bleatings and child like attacks on BlackBerrys. I assume that he knows that this is a BlackBerry forum.

As a systems analyst he should be able to work this out just as he should be well aware that there are otherways of connecting than via a VPN. It just needs to be done correctly.
    11-04-11 11:16 AM
    Yeah I am not all that inclined to give up my physical keyboard for Apps. My buddy showed me Siri for his iPhone and I told him yeah I don't need to talk to my phone I have a real keyboard. Seriously I could write a novel on this thing and it's great to be able to text people and sound intelligent.

The iPhone, Android even Windows and Palms. They are all very nice phones. The value I see in BlackBerry is their keyboard as well as their excellent push tech. Also one feature you get with RIM is most of the apps you use every day are made by RIM. All my IM apps, Facebook, Twitter. I am not that worried about marketing strings attached to my apps.
    11-04-11 11:22 AM
    I stay with Blackberry. there is nothing like a QWERTY keyboard.
    And i don't use Apple products.

The only good thing they made was IPOD and that's it.
    11-04-11 11:23 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry. Your first post contains a lot of good sense.

Like you I do not undestand why Accidental Post keeps up his almost evangelical support for the iPhone. He has one and he likes it. I am happy for him. Really.

I tire of his continual bleatings and child like attacks on BlackBerrys. I assume that he knows that this is a BlackBerry forum.

As a systems analyst he should be able to work this out just as he should be well aware that there are otherways of connecting than via a VPN. It just needs to be done correctly.
    And if you read the whole post you would know why I asked. The person made a blanket statement to the affect that a BlackBerry can do all the iPhone can and more. So my question was simple. I need to VPN and MY WORK BB CANNOT DO IT over 3G. Misinformation goes both ways.........I have the same right as a bleeding heart BB Fanboy to correct a statement that was flat out WRONG.

And quite frankly this place has become awash with so much misinformation it's not even funny anymore. I feel for Kevin and the mods. there are plenty of BB users here that throw out so many half-truths and lies it's comical.

Oh and PS thank you for thinking I am the King iPhone fanboy of CB. it is quite humbling to be thought of like that. At least I don't spew outwards lies about Blackberry.
    Last edited by Accidental Post; 11-04-11 at 11:28 AM.
    moiselles likes this.
    11-04-11 11:23 AM
    Just crossed the line, bought the Iphone 4S last week. Been loyal to Blackberry for about 7 years. Tired of them putting out phones and their attitude of we'll work on the OS bugs later. Tired of going to trading sites and others where they have an app for the Iphone/Ipad, but not Blackberry. Their OS is not even fluid like th Iphone. You would think their stock going down from once $140 down to presently $20 would tell them something? But it hasn't and it probably never will until the death of the company. Used to be they were always in the front, now they are always trying to catch up to the others. Bye Bye Blackberry. :-)
    Last edited by Jrbrass; 11-04-11 at 12:41 PM.
    11-04-11 11:40 AM
    Just crossed the line, bought the Iphone 4S last week. Been loyal to Blackberry for about 7 years. Tired of them putting out phones and their attitude of we'll work on the OS bugs later. Tired of going to trading sites and others where they have an app for the Iphone/Ipad, but not Blackberry. Their OS is not even fluid like th Iphone. You would think their stock going down from once $140 down to presently $20 would tell them something? But it hasn't and it probably never will until the death of the company. Used to be they were always in the front, now they are always trying to catch up to the others. Bye Bye Balckberry. :-)
    Someone has just said; So you have moved to an iphone? Great! Now find an iphone/apple forum. Why are you coming back to crackberry?
    11-04-11 12:07 PM
    Someone has just said; So you have moved to an iphone? Great! Now find an iphone/apple forum. Why are you coming back to crackberry?
    But what about us people who moved to iPhone, but are still interested in that is going on in the world of BlackBerry?
    11-04-11 12:28 PM
    But what about us people who moved to iPhone, but are still interested in that is going on in the world of BlackBerry?
    Guess we're screwed.
    Chrisy and Accidental Post like this.
    11-04-11 12:29 PM
    Guess we're screwed.
    Yep, we no longer matter. We're little peons (according to certain people here) who use something other than the almighty BB.
    Last edited by moiselles; 11-04-11 at 12:54 PM.
    Accidental Post likes this.
    11-04-11 12:51 PM
    Continue to come to CrackBerry and ignore anyone who tells you otherwise who isn't a moderator. As long as you contribute to the conversation, you're always welcome at CrackBerry. This thread has become stupid and pointless. What had started out as a simple question that's been asked in various forms for years has turned into a mess.
    moiselles likes this.
    11-04-11 01:00 PM
    Many of us have already stated that we were former BB users that still enjoy the people on this community. I, myself, enjoy educated and civilized debates with the BB users these days and I also hang out in the Apple/iPhone section of the forums. As I've said before, I've owned two BBs, I reserve the right to still visit this website.

I am definitely spending more time over at TiPb because it's so much more relaxed over there and there aren't crazy, off-the-wall, irrational comments regarding other devices.
    I know most of you are former BB users, but the point is... you always appear in any thread telling all the people here iPhone 4 is better.

I accept all the opinions. Do you preffer iPhone? Ok, it's your choice.

But I repeat, it's very strange to see how many people with iPhone are repeating on every thread how better is that device over the BBs. If someone is sure about its preferences, and they only want to be informed and come here for that reason... maybe repeating on every thread iPhone is better in a BB forum is not the best way to make friends. Maybe, a lot of us don't want to be "saved" by Apple religion.

My opinion; you're not so convinced, that's all. With all the respect to any opinion.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-04-11 01:06 PM
    Continue to come to CrackBerry and ignore anyone who tells you otherwise who isn't a moderator. As long as you contribute to the conversation, you're always welcome at CrackBerry. This thread has become stupid and pointless. What had started out as a simple question that's been asked in various forms for years has turned into a mess.
    Like so many threads on here do. Everyone is welcome just not by everyone. iPhones, android, WebOS, bb, symbian? or whatever love your choice and talk about it but there is no need to belittle or try to convert or insist your choice is better. After all everyone is different and values different things.
    maddie1128 likes this.
    11-04-11 01:08 PM
    I know most of you are former BB users, but the point is... you always appear in any thread telling all the people here iPhone 4 is better.
    Spec wise, it is.

Opinion wise, it's just that - an opinion. I like my S2 and my iPhone4s for varying reasons.
    11-04-11 01:08 PM
    And if you read the whole post you would know why I asked. The person made a blanket statement to the affect that a BlackBerry can do all the iPhone can and more. So my question was simple. I need to VPN and MY WORK BB CANNOT DO IT over 3G. Misinformation goes both ways.........I have the same right as a bleeding heart BB Fanboy to correct a statement that was flat out WRONG.

And quite frankly this place has become awash with so much misinformation it's not even funny anymore. I feel for Kevin and the mods. there are plenty of BB users here that throw out so many half-truths and lies it's comical.

Oh and PS thank you for thinking I am the King iPhone fanboy of CB. it is quite humbling to be thought of like that. At least I don't spew outwards lies about Blackberry.
    But that's the point, WHY do you even bother posting here?

All you do is post BlackBerry negative posts that are guaranteed to stir things up. I hope that is not your goal because, if true, it would make you a very sad individual.

I do not "spew outward lies" about BlackBerry. I have had a very great deal of experience with that particular phone and I know pretty much where the limits of its functionality lie.

If you want to continue praise the iPhone then go and do it in either the iPhone forum, TiPB or any other Apple/iPhone forum.

Here we LIKE BlackBerrys and regardless of what you think, WE think that they are good. Far better than the iPhone, in fact.

Of course, you are entitled to your opinion but, as we all know, opinions are like a$$holes. We all have one and, they all stink.
    11-04-11 01:09 PM
    I love the keyboard on my BOLD 9780 and the battery and not going to Apple/Android's, I am also happy that I did not upgrade to 9900, waiting for the QNX models to hit.

RIM guys if you are listening, you got to do something.
    11-04-11 01:10 PM
    I didn't say how much better my device was. I simply put down misinformation if you take that as bashing a BB take it up with the person who put out the misinformation. Don't take trying to correct misinformation as Bashing. After all if I ever said all Blackberries do X and and don't work. That would be a blanket statement and also misinformation. Like the poster said the iP4S battery doesn't last all day and Apple is admitting it. When in reality there are users that have battery issues and Apple is addressing it with an update that will be out in a week or two. then he goes on to say there is nothing an iPhone can do that a BB can't. WRONG you cannot VPN over 3G. Also misinformation. And to finalize at Least Apple comes out and says yep we think we see the issue with the battery and are working on a fix. Instead of staying silent about an issue like some companies.
    11-04-11 01:13 PM
    But that's the point, WHY do you even bother posting here?

All you do is post BlackBerry negative posts that are guaranteed to stir things up. I hope that is not your goal because, if true, it would make you a very sad individual.

I do not "spew outward lies" about BlackBerry. I have had a very great deal of experience with that particular phone and I know pretty much where the limits of its functionality lie.

If you want to continue praise the iPhone then go and do it in either the iPhone forum, TiPB or any other Apple/iPhone forum.

Here we LIKE BlackBerrys and regardless of what you think, WE think that they are good. Far better than the iPhone, in fact.

Of course, you are entitled to your opinion but, as we all know, opinions are like a$$holes. We all have one and, they all stink.
    Show me the negativity in what I posted. I was correcting MISINFORMATION.........
    11-04-11 01:14 PM
    This whole thread is full of iPhone and Apple bashing FTR.

We've answered this many times: Some of us are still BB users. Some of us are still former BB users. Some of us use both. Some of us have friends here on this board.

Point is, we see a question that needs to be answered and we do it. Until we get hit by the ban hammer, we're gonna post. If you don't like it, block us. Problem solved.
    Accidental Post likes this.
    11-04-11 01:14 PM
    There's being interested and then there's wishing its death. I like BB the way it is, anybody that wants it to change it's ruining the experience for me.

I would rather look at the spinning clock then look at some fancy transitions across the screen that distract you from the fact that you are waiting for information to load ie stupid wipers on android or the sliding up, down and in when you paste a picture into an iphone email.

I like my BB simple so what some are complaining about I love the most.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-11 01:21 PM
    I believe this thread has run it's course! And/OR has turned in to a bash fest!

11-04-11 01:25 PM
95 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD