Sorry for being that "snob", but I think iPhone is vulgar now.
    This is clearly a personal & irrational opinion not something I want to argue about ... so don't fire, you won't be answered
    11-04-11 08:24 AM
    Sorry for being that "snob", but I think iPhone is vulgar now.
    This is clearly a personal & irrational opinion not something I want to argue about ... so don't fire, you won't be answered
    You do sound like a snob. But it's ok.
    11-04-11 08:27 AM
    I can't wait to get an iPhone. My love affair with BB ended some time ago and the other day I actually started hating my 9780. The BB maps app might as well be useless, less and less people are on BBM, the browser is super slow. I experienced the frustration with all of this the other day while I was traveling. THEN you know what happened? Device froze up so had to reset/battery pull which took 5 minutes to come back from. By then I just used my iPad to find what I needed. It was truly the most frustrated I had been with my BB.

It is ashame RIM missed it. RIM had the marketplace wrapped up. Like I said before, they should have given us the ability to hdmi out of the device to a tv, a bluetooth keyboard, cloud document/file storage, and why don't they have a FFC yet?

Instead they tried to compete with Apple by making a tablet. They should make their phones work well with iPad (hotspot for data, sync, etc).

Their niche was the phone market. They should have perfected that niche and made the entire experience better. Instead they sat back and gave us BB Maps

In any case the day the US releases unlocked iPhone 4S, I am gone. Already bought my cases and car chargers.
    By the 4S now and have your carrier unlock it.......you do realize it is a world phone....now. Welcome to the dark side.....
    11-04-11 08:29 AM
    Not gonna get an iPhone ever , iOS is a joke
    I use bb only because of bbm all my friends use bbm and the day they and eventually me stop using bbm I would switch to windows phone

I see people here hate the iPhone just like me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-11 08:41 AM
    I don't see why people have to "hate" anything. It's such a nasty word.

I don't use BlackBerry, but I certainly do not hate it. I still like BlackBerry.

You guys on CB complain that it's the non-BB users spreading the hate. I see hate coming from mostly the BB users (not all, of course), not nearly as many of the non-BB users on CB act like this. It's getting really disheartening to even come here. I want logical debates, friendly joking. Not people spewing their hate and misinformation. I realize that this is, first and foremost, a BlackBerry site, but this stuff is ridiculous. I don't see this kind of behavior over on TiPb...
    Last edited by moiselles; 11-04-11 at 08:47 AM.
    Chrisy and guttaperk like this.
    11-04-11 08:44 AM
    The iPhone 4S battery still can't get you through the day. Apple acknowledged this fact. Add the lack of ability to swap a battery and that is a disaster. They had a similar defect with the 4 dropping your calls.

I'm glad you like your phone and if you like it then it is the right one for you but you asked so here is why BlackBerry is the best phone out there for me:

- Best keyboard (would you get a virtual keyboard for your home computer? Then why would you for a phone?)

- Still the best security, e-mail, messaging (no one cares about security but when they steal your banking info or your ss number it will matter. It is not just for corporations)

- The Bold 9930 feels awesome in your hand and it is just as nice as the iPhone IMO.

- The notification light on the iPhone does not continue to blink after a message comes in. If you walk away and come back you have to check your phone. The BlackBerry lets you know.

- I can set my shortcuts to do everything and it is easier than any other phone. Not just the iPhone.

- The BlackBerry is not built for display and showcase. It is built for everyday functionality. I can speed dial my wife by just holding down the M key. I can silence it by just holding down the Q key. It just does the things that one needs on a daily basis better IMO.

- I don't get tied to one ecosystem where they can start blocking apps functionality like the Kindle and Google Books apps that don't have buy buttons anymore. Also, the Facebook app is way better on BlackBerry, not because of technology but because of legal demands from apple on Facebook.

- There are a few more reasons but I think the above is more than enough and with RIM giving us 100 bucks in free apps right now, there is no better time to get an OS7 BlackBerry.

I'll enjoy my BlackBerry Bold 9930 and Playbook. The bridge feature saves me $50.00 bucks per month vs the iPad + iPhone.

Thanks for asking and enjoy your phone.

If you like the phone you have it is the right one for you.
    kemj likes this.
    11-04-11 08:45 AM
    The iPhone 4S battery still can't get you through the day. Apple acknowledged this fact. Add the lack of ability to swap a battery and that is a disaster. They had a similar defect with the 4 dropping your calls.

I'm glad you like your phone and if you like it then it is the right one for you but you asked so here is why BlackBerry is the best phone out there for me:

- Best keyboard (would you get a virtual keyboard for your home computer? Then why would you for a phone?)

- Still the best security, e-mail, messaging (no one cares about security but when they steal your banking info or your ss number it will matter. It is not just for corporations)

- The Bold 9930 feels awesome in your hand and it is just as nice as the iPhone IMO.

- The notification light on the iPhone does not continue to blink after a message comes in. If you walk away and come back you have to check your phone. The BlackBerry lets you know.

- I can set my shortcuts to do everything and it is easier than any other phone. Not just the iPhone.

- The BlackBerry is not built for display and showcase. It is built for everyday functionality. I can speed dial my wife by just holding down the M key. I can silence it by just holding down the Q key. It just does the things that one needs on a daily basis better IMO.

- I don't get tied to one ecosystem where they can start blocking apps functionality like the Kindle and Google Books apps that don't have buy buttons anymore. Also, the Facebook app is way better on BlackBerry, not because of technology but because of legal demands from apple on Facebook.

- There are a few more reasons but I think the above is more than enough and with RIM giving us 100 bucks in free apps right now, there is no better time to get an OS7 BlackBerry.

I'll enjoy my BlackBerry Bold 9930 and Playbook. The bridge feature saves me $50.00 bucks per month vs the iPad + iPhone.

Thanks for asking and enjoy your phone.

If you like the phone you have it is the right one for you.
    Here we go with misinformation AGAIN. Apple did not say you could not get through the day. Some users had this experience. I have a 4S and have NOT had this issue. I get through a day.

And I will pose this question to you. CAN you VPN into your company on 3G with a BlackBerry?

Have you used the Facebook app on YOUR iPhone? The new APP is solid with a well written interface.

So tell me how banking on a BB is MORE secure than an iPhone? See my bank has an approved APP that is secure. So PLEASE show me the source of your statement that an iPhone user had their bank account taken from the use of the phone.
    Last edited by Accidental Post; 11-04-11 at 09:11 AM.
    Chrisy likes this.
    11-04-11 08:49 AM
    I wanted to see what it was all about and I was bored, so I got an iPhone. Doesn't mean I won't have a BlackBerry again. If RIM puts out the BBX line next year, I could be tempted back. I can change my mind, it's a woman's perogative.
    moiselles and Chrisy like this.
    11-04-11 08:50 AM
    Going from physical keyword to onscreen keyboard is the worst. I had a Android and returned it days later for another BB it's just too hard to type fast on especially if you have to reply to a lot of emails and whatnot.
    I am a texting machine. I probably send over 200 a day, not to mention 40+ work emails a day plus countless other emails I send from my personal account. I type faster on my v-keyboard than I did my 8530 kb. My phone can be turned to type in portrait mode (sideways) where the keys are spaced out and I can fly using that kb. Not to mention iPhone's autocorrect is hands down 10 times better than BBs. I'm a medical coder and use a lot of medical term words in my emails. BB used to change my words around to something stupid where as iPhone leaves it alone. I love it.

The iphone has lots of problems to .
    I've yet to run into one. With all of my BBs aside from my 7100i, battery pulls, lags, frozen screens, dead apps, crashing phones, spinning clocks/hourglasses were a way of life.

Qnx super duper phone will CRUSH all others and rule the phone galaxy!!!!!!!
    I've got a nice bridge for sale if you're interested. It's in a beautiful San Francisco location with breathtaking views and a wonderful area for entertaining.
    Chrisy likes this.
    11-04-11 08:57 AM
    Not gonna get an iPhone ever , iOS is a joke
    I use bb only because of bbm all my friends use bbm and the day they and eventually me stop using bbm I would switch to windows phone

I see people here hate the iPhone just like me
    The interesting question is why do you hate the iPhone? You seem to have never owned one. Why do you think iOS is a joke, have you ever used it?
    donnation likes this.
    11-04-11 09:54 AM
    Been Using BB many years now, exposed to many diff models, all which got better as released.
    Very comfy with all shortcuts, tricks etc.

Work decides to provide me Iphone 4S, Worst Device to type msgs, constant errors
    cant select/hi-light certain words, lines etc. takes too much time to hold down onto screen to get prompted copy/cut/paste etc.

When want to play certain folder of music/pics , IMPOSSIBLE
    Cant hide files, or change file names/extensions etc.

Iphone is just a toy, not a PRO Device,

BB 4 Life, hopefully BBX when arrives restores Order in Smartphone Majority Users.

Hey Being Canadian also helps liking R.I.M.

Cheers to all BB Fans.

Iphone peeps, Grow Up
    11-04-11 09:59 AM
    Sheesh, there's a lot of anger on this thread...
    Quick question on your BB. Can you VPN into work over 3G???

let me know when you can and please stop with misinformation.
    Here we go with misinformation AGAIN. Apple did not say you could not get through the day. Some users had this experience. I have a 4S and have NOT had this issue. I get through a day.

And I will pose this question to you. CAN you VPN into your company on 3G with a BlackBerry?

Have you used the Facebook app on YOUR iPhone? The new APP is solid with a well written interface.

So tell me how banking on a BB is MORE secure than an iPhone? See my bank has an approved APP that is secure. So PLEASE show me the source of your statement that an iPhone user had their bank account taken from the use of the phone.

There is a lot more that goes into being able to VPN into a companies work network than simply having a handset that has the ability to do so. You have to have authorization from your companies IT department, things have to be setup, it's not something that any Joe Schmoe desk jockey can do on a whim. While the iPhone may be able to do it, and a BB may not (while on 3G) I think that the fact that no phone can do it without authorization from the particular companies IT department renders the point moot.

That being said, I agree with you that there are a fair number of things that the iPhone can do that a BlackBerry cannot, and anyone who says anything otherwise is incorrect. I saw a post earlier in the thread where someone said that the "iPhone does nothing that I would take advantage of that my BlackBerry doesn't already do" (or something to that effect) and I think that comment wrapps it all up properly. It leaves it up to the individual to determine the importance of the features. But yes, the iPhone can do Facetime, it can edit movies, it can shoot 1080p HD videos, and run any number of the 250,000+ applications available for the platform. The bottom line is you choose the device that does what you want it to do better than any other. If the features of the BlackBerry give you everything you desire, the way that you want it, than it is the device for you. The same holds true for the iPhone, or an Android.

I don't see why people have to "hate" anything. It's such a nasty word.

I don't use BlackBerry, but I certainly do not hate it. I still like BlackBerry.

You guys on CB complain that it's the non-BB users spreading the hate. I see hate coming from mostly the BB users (not all, of course), not nearly as many of the non-BB users on CB act like this. It's getting really disheartening to even come here. I want logical debates, friendly joking. Not people spewing their hate and misinformation. I realize that this is, first and foremost, a BlackBerry site, but this stuff is ridiculous. I don't see this kind of behavior over on TiPb...
    Well said, but if you remember a while back there was a HUGE issue on these forums with anti-BlackBerry posts and threads. The mods have been cracking down on a lot of the flame threads lately, and they've been doing a good job. Thus, it's unfair to say that the majority of the hate is coming just from the BB users, because hate in general on these forums has been scaled back, and the hate specifically directed at RIM and BB has been removed. It doesn't validate the hate from BB users against other platforms, but when you've got well over 1 million users, there is bound to be more of everything. Not quite sure how many users are on the TIPB forums, but I think it's safe to say it's nowhere near as large as the CrackBerry Nation... Just a thought, but your post is well stated and makes sense.
    11-04-11 10:08 AM
    My wife has had the iPhone 4 for some time, so I've had ample time to play with it. I don't really like the interface that much. I appreciate the apps, though. I use Kindle a lot, and I'm considering leaving BB for that reason. I have the Kindle app on my 9780, but it doesn't let me highlight or annotate, and I really need that functionality. And Amazon has "no plans" to upgrade the BB app. There is currently no Kindle app for the 9900, so it's out of the question for me. The PlayBook can use the Cloud Reader, with the same limited functionality as the BB app. Or it can use the Android Kindle app, which works.

I'm strongly leaning toward an Android device, to have a Kindle app that works well. It may seem odd to let a single app have that much sway over the decision, but it's one of the most important apps for me, so that's just how it is. It's frustrating that BB gets this poor cousin treatment from Amazon, but there's nothing I can do about it.

If it weren't for this, I'd probably have the 9900 already. I like the look and feel of it. I'm just not that tempted by the iPhone. And if I did get one, I'd probably just get the 4, not the 4s. I don't see a lot of functionality in the 4s that I need or want.
    11-04-11 10:13 AM
    The interesting question is why too many iphone lovers in a BB forum?
    I think all of you are not so sure about the switch you did posting here everyday, trying to convince everybody.

That's very strange for me... If you know the iphone is better... What are you doing here?
    barnyr likes this.
    11-04-11 10:14 AM
    My wife has had the iPhone 4 for some time, so I've had ample time to play with it. I don't really like the interface that much. I appreciate the apps, though. I use Kindle a lot, and I'm considering leaving BB for that reason. I have the Kindle app on my 9780, but it doesn't let me highlight or annotate, and I really need that functionality. And Amazon has "no plans" to upgrade the BB app. There is currently no Kindle app for the 9900, so it's out of the question for me. The PlayBook can use the Cloud Reader, with the same limited functionality as the BB app. Or it can use the Android Kindle app, which works.

I'm strongly leaning toward an Android device, to have a Kindle app that works well. It may seem odd to let a single app have that much sway over the decision, but it's one of the most important apps for me, so that's just how it is. It's frustrating that BB gets this poor cousin treatment from Amazon, but there's nothing I can do about it.

If it weren't for this, I'd probably have the 9900 already. I like the look and feel of it. I'm just not that tempted by the iPhone. And if I did get one, I'd probably just get the 4, not the 4s. I don't see a lot of functionality in the 4s that I need or want.
    I would recommend you just buy a Kindle, I love mine and the free international browsing helps. Last book I read was entirely using the text to speech, it's that good, almost as good as an audiobook

DeedleBugDee likes this.
    11-04-11 10:27 AM
    Sheesh, there's a lot of anger on this thread...

There is a lot more that goes into being able to VPN into a companies work network than simply having a handset that has the ability to do so. You have to have authorization from your companies IT department, things have to be setup, it's not something that any Joe Schmoe desk jockey can do on a whim. While the iPhone may be able to do it, and a BB may not (while on 3G) I think that the fact that no phone can do it without authorization from the particular companies IT department renders the point moot.

That being said, I agree with you that there are a fair number of things that the iPhone can do that a BlackBerry cannot, and anyone who says anything otherwise is incorrect. I saw a post earlier in the thread where someone said that the "iPhone does nothing that I would take advantage of that my BlackBerry doesn't already do" (or something to that effect) and I think that comment wrapps it all up properly. It leaves it up to the individual to determine the importance of the features. But yes, the iPhone can do Facetime, it can edit movies, it can shoot 1080p HD videos, and run any number of the 250,000+ applications available for the platform. The bottom line is you choose the device that does what you want it to do better than any other. If the features of the BlackBerry give you everything you desire, the way that you want it, than it is the device for you. The same holds true for the iPhone, or an Android.

Well said, but if you remember a while back there was a HUGE issue on these forums with anti-BlackBerry posts and threads. The mods have been cracking down on a lot of the flame threads lately, and they've been doing a good job. Thus, it's unfair to say that the majority of the hate is coming just from the BB users, because hate in general on these forums has been scaled back, and the hate specifically directed at RIM and BB has been removed. It doesn't validate the hate from BB users against other platforms, but when you've got well over 1 million users, there is bound to be more of everything. Not quite sure how many users are on the TIPB forums, but I think it's safe to say it's nowhere near as large as the CrackBerry Nation... Just a thought, but your post is well stated and makes sense.
    I know about the VPN trust me I had to get authorization to VPN into my hospital. I have a BB for work and when I am out away from the hospital I cannot VPN with my work phone. I can with my iPhone. I work as a Sys. Analyst. I understand VPN and all that goes with it. The Fact that misinformation goes both ways was what I was highlighting. The person made a blanket statement which was incorrect therefore the reason for my question. Not hating people have their phones for a reason. They work for them. But to make a blanket statement...well thats wrong period no matter how you slice it or spin it.
    Last edited by Accidental Post; 11-04-11 at 10:35 AM.
    11-04-11 10:27 AM
    I think all of you are not so sure about the switch you did posting here everyday, trying to convince everybody.

That's very strange for me... If you know the iphone is better... What are you doing here?
    Many of us have already stated that we were former BB users that still enjoy the people on this community. I, myself, enjoy educated and civilized debates with the BB users these days and I also hang out in the Apple/iPhone section of the forums. As I've said before, I've owned two BBs, I reserve the right to still visit this website.

I am definitely spending more time over at TiPb because it's so much more relaxed over there and there aren't crazy, off-the-wall, irrational comments regarding other devices.
    GingerSnapsBack and Chrisy like this.
    11-04-11 10:30 AM

Just a thought maybe we had BB's prior to our leaving that device.

Maybe we still visit here because there is some valuable info.

Maybe we stay here because we have friends here.

Maybe we stay here because we can.

Maybe we stay here because there our sub-forums for our devices.

Shall I go on?
    GingerSnapsBack and Chrisy like this.
    11-04-11 10:31 AM
    Been Using BB many years now, exposed to many diff models, all which got better as released.
    Very comfy with all shortcuts, tricks etc.

Work decides to provide me Iphone 4S, Worst Device to type msgs, constant errors
    cant select/hi-light certain words, lines etc. takes too much time to hold down onto screen to get prompted copy/cut/paste etc.

When want to play certain folder of music/pics , IMPOSSIBLE
    Cant hide files, or change file names/extensions etc.

Iphone is just a toy, not a PRO Device,

BB 4 Life, hopefully BBX when arrives restores Order in Smartphone Majority Users.

Hey Being Canadian also helps liking R.I.M.

Cheers to all BB Fans.

Iphone peeps, Grow Up

Funny, you're telling the "iPhone peeps" to grow up when you're the one making childish statements and comments, like calling the iPhone a toy and not a "pro" device. I'm one of those "iPhone peeps" and I've been nothing but civilized and mature to every user on this forum.

I can type extremely well, better than on my Torch, with my iPhone, I have no problem highlighting, copying, pasting, etc. Never had any errors.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with iPhone, but all devices have bad apples, not just iPhones. BlackBerry is no exception, especially considering the Storm 1 and 2...
    Accidental Post likes this.
    11-04-11 10:33 AM
    Funny, you're telling the "iPhone peeps" to grow up when you're the one making childish statements and comments, like calling the iPhone a toy and not a "pro" device. I'm one of those "iPhone peeps" and I've been nothing but civilized and mature to every user on this forum.

I can type extremely well, better than on my Torch, with my iPhone, I have no problem highlighting, copying, pasting, etc. Never had any errors.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with iPhone, but all devices have bad apples, not just iPhones. BlackBerry is no exception, especially considering the Storm 1 and 2...
    No offense but this thread is for people with a blackberry that might consider the iphone and since you already got yours.............

11-04-11 10:39 AM
    I know about the VPN trust me I had to get authorization to VPN into my hospital. I have a BB for work and when I am out away from the hospital I cannot VPN with my work phone. I can with my iPhone. I work as a Sys. Analyst. I understand VPN and all that goes with it. The Fact that misinformation goes both ways was what I was highlighting. The person made a blanket statement which was incorrect therefore the reason for my question. Not hating people have their phones for a reason. They work for them. But to make a blanket statement...well thats wrong period no matte how you slice it or spin it.
    I figured you had a good grasp of the whole VPN thing (probably a vastly better grasp of it than I do with my limited knowledge on the subject). I agree, the blanket statement that the user posted was incorrect, I just thought there were some other iPhone features that would have been more easy for the average user to understand. VPN isn't something that everyone knows about, so saying something like "Can you shoot a movie in 1080p HD and edit it on your BlackBerry" would have been more of a shot in my opinion. But in the end, it doesn't matter all that much.

Shall I go on?
    All perfectly valid reasons. One of the things I've liked the most about the CB forums is that there is such a diverse set of users on here. True conversation cannot be achieved when the discussion is all one sided. I've learned things that I didn't know about Android handsets right here in the BlackBerry General Discussion forums from Android users. One of the most involved users ever on CB pined about how the Nokia E71 was vastly better in certain aspects than the BB (in his opinion) and he offered more help to users than many people I've seen. Everyone is welcome on the CB forums, which is exactly the way it should be.

Where is AG when you need him...
    11-04-11 10:41 AM
    No offense but this thread is for people with a blackberry that might consider the iphone and since you already got yours.............

Kicking me out, belfast?
    11-04-11 10:46 AM
    How many of you are itching to upgrade and get this new Iphone? I have been a BB user for about 4 or 5 years and am just getting tired of everything. Any interesting app costs money, new OS upgrades are slow and sluggish, and the list goes on and on. I do not hate BB, I just wanted to see how many of you are going to be ditching your BB for the new Iphone?
    Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you. I and three other friends and family members just switched from Curve Javelin to Bold 9900. So far everybody is very happy with it. My sister is waiting for AT&T to release the Bold 9900 on November 6th so she can pull the trigger on this bad boy. I'm going to get my mom a Torch 9860 when it's released with either AT&T or Tmobile.
    11-04-11 10:50 AM
    Kicking me out, belfast?
    Nope, just making a cheeky point

11-04-11 10:51 AM

Shall I go on?
    Maybe we have an iPhone and a BB or an iPad and a BB.
    11-04-11 10:58 AM
95 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD