Not an apple really, but I am interested in the Motorola Droid RAZR. Looks like it would make a good replacement for my old trusty 8520, as a companion device I mean.
    11-03-11 07:37 PM
    How many BB users are dying to get a iphone?

Not this cowboy!

Qnx super duper phone will CRUSH all others and rule the phone galaxy!!!!!!!
    11-03-11 07:43 PM
    No chance. Why would I go backwards to an iToy. I already have the best. Yes, it's a BlackBerry.
    11-03-11 07:51 PM
    Just curious do you really have the 9650? Try the 9930 and then see if you have the same feeling. Everyone wants to dump bb for the latest greatest toy yet they have a 2yr old device. 9650 is old. just sayin.

That's EXACTLY what the problem is. People who have old berries don't realize that the 9900/9930 is a HUGE upgrade!

If I still had an old Blackberry other platforms would probably look more interesting, but RIM really stepped it up with the new Bold.

Sent using Tapatalk
    11-03-11 08:00 PM
    Adore my iPhone4S. So very happy. The virtual keyboard is very accurate and doesn't hurt my hands like my 9800 dd, the retina display is gorgeous, and the whole OS is just fluid, smooth, perfect. It was a great decision for me.

Of course, the iPhone isn't everyone's cup of tea. But just because someone switches to an iPhone does not mean they are "iSheep" or doing it to look cool. I'm 26 years old, not 16. I'm not worried about what others think of my cell phone choices.
    kbz1960, JR A and GingerSnapsBack like this.
    11-03-11 08:09 PM
    Heck a tour here and yes my upgrade is coming soon!
    11-03-11 08:10 PM
    no iphone 4s this time around.maybe in 2 yrs ill see if i want an iphone then.but most likely ill consider android before opting for an iphone.the apple apps do get boring over time.android just offers more for a smartphone capability.i like where android is headed siri is a nice feature but bb/android have been doing that for a long time now.maybe even windows phone will be in my consideration when my contract is up.
    11-03-11 08:42 PM
    I want a fart app!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-11 08:45 PM
    No, just no. Anything but apple.

11-03-11 08:46 PM
    no iphone 4s this time around.maybe in 2 yrs ill see if i want an iphone then.but most likely ill consider android before opting for an iphone.the apple apps do get boring over time.android just offers more for a smartphone capability.i like where android is headed siri is a nice feature but bb/android have been doing that for a long time now.maybe even windows phone will be in my consideration when my contract is up.
    Siri is a bit more than voice recognition. That said I don't really use it. I am confused by your "apple apps do get boring over time" comment though. There are over 600,000 iPhone apps. I find it hard to believe that they all "get boring over time".
    11-03-11 09:05 PM
    BB Until My Body Goes To Heaven Or If RIM Shuts Down (they won't, Canada government supports them)

11-03-11 09:14 PM
    Whoa! Are you saying there are no BBs in heaven? Hmm I might have to re-evaluate things.
    11-03-11 10:27 PM
    I have both. Blackberry is company issued because they are cheap and offer insurance if its damaged. I have an iphone for my personal line and have since the original launched in 2007. The only thing BB does better imo is email. The iPhone is better at everything else. People here are quick to say it is a bunch of fart apps and nonsense when there are actually wonderful, useful, and beautiful apps. RIM would kill to have the developer support that Apple does to get more apps, but they are so late to the game that people don't want them anymore.

For web browsing, media, texting, social apps, and over all user experience the iPhone is so far ahead of RIM its laughable. I don't feel a bit sorry for RIM as they sat on their asses for years and said "The iPhone can't touch us, people want a physical keyboard." But what do they do, release the disastrous Storm (1 and 2) to try and compete. They have gotten better as the 9900 isn't a bad phone and I don't mind using it.

To dismiss the iPhone as a useless kiddie phone is ignorant though. It is a great communication tool that does everything well. I don't think RIM will ever catch up as they can't meet deadlines, have poor leadership, and seem caught up in the past. Everything they have released in the past few years has not been met with much enthusiasm by the public, and I don't see them turning it around with the competition (iOS and Android) so far ahead of them. BBX phones won't be out until LATE next year, and by then it will be too late.
    11-03-11 11:58 PM
    Just curious do you really have the 9650? Try the 9930 and then see if you have the same feeling. Everyone wants to dump bb for the latest greatest toy yet they have a 2yr old device. 9650 is old. just sayin.
    I actually do have the 9650. It is old. Never really thought about it that way. How is the 9930?
    11-03-11 11:59 PM
    I'm staying with BB. The iphone doesn't do anything I need or want to do that BB doesn't do just fine, it has no real keyboard, and I don't really care about looking someone else's idea of cool (or like part of the herd).
    I am with you on this....iPhone doesn't have or do anything that BB doesn't do. I can't stand the fact that it doesn't have a keyboard. I need a keyboard, not a touch screen. So i am staying with BB....been with BB too many years now, about 5 years myself.
    11-04-11 12:06 AM
    Gun to my head, I would switch to Android. The new ones are so awesome. The iPhone looks and feels ancient compared to the latest Androids from Moto and HTC. If one wants the touchscreen, graphics on steroids then Android is a better fit.
    11-04-11 12:29 AM
    I've gone from the 3GS to iPhone 4 and I'm dying to get my first BB (had a buddy's really old BB between iPhones). Right now I'm about 1/4 way through my IP4 contract but I'm trying to figure out what BB7 to get and how to work it best financially doing a buyout then switching to a new service provider.

Someone asked to me take a photo with their android phone and I was amazed by the screen, made my IP4 seem tiny, but I doubt I'll ever buy an android phone.
    11-04-11 01:12 AM
    I have My IPhone 4 and I have My blackberry 9780 too..
    I love BBM, And I love using My Iphone as for Movie, and Music..
    I Have tried for android, But The battery Life is really annoying..
    11-04-11 07:57 AM
    That's EXACTLY what the problem is. People who have old berries don't realize that the 9900/9930 is a HUGE upgrade!

If I still had an old Blackberry other platforms would probably look more interesting, but RIM really stepped it up with the new Bold.

Sent using Tapatalk
    You are right when you say that the new BlackBerrys are a huge upgrade but, I shall stick with my 9700 until QNX hits the market. Even then I'll probably wait 6 months to let RIM get the bugs out of it.

The simple fact is, the more complicated things are, the more bits there are to break. This rule has proven true with OS7. From reading the forums here on Crackberry, OS7 installed devices are having more problems than OS6 devices and I know that my old 8310 running OS5 is far less prone to do something silly than is my OS6 equipped 9700.

I have friends with ios and Androids and they seem to have far more failures (both software and hardware in the case of low end Android devices) than my creaking old BlackBerry 9700.

I'll wait a while, I think.
    11-04-11 08:08 AM
    I really cannot be doing with a phone that expects me to talk to it.
    11-04-11 08:13 AM
    I am with you on this....iPhone doesn't have or do anything that BB doesn't do. I can't stand the fact that it doesn't have a keyboard. I need a keyboard, not a touch screen. So i am staying with BB....been with BB too many years now, about 5 years myself.

Quick question on your BB. Can you VPN into work over 3G???

let me know when you can and please stop with misinformation.
    moiselles likes this.
    11-04-11 08:17 AM
    Also, iPhone can video chat. BB cannot.
    Accidental Post and moiselles like this.
    11-04-11 08:19 AM
    I don't like Iphone, and I never will !!
    11-04-11 08:19 AM
    I can't wait to get an iPhone. My love affair with BB ended some time ago and the other day I actually started hating my 9780. The BB maps app might as well be useless, less and less people are on BBM, the browser is super slow. I experienced the frustration with all of this the other day while I was traveling. THEN you know what happened? Device froze up so had to reset/battery pull which took 5 minutes to come back from. By then I just used my iPad to find what I needed. It was truly the most frustrated I had been with my BB.

It is ashame RIM missed it. RIM had the marketplace wrapped up. Like I said before, they should have given us the ability to hdmi out of the device to a tv, a bluetooth keyboard, cloud document/file storage, and why don't they have a FFC yet?

Instead they tried to compete with Apple by making a tablet. They should make their phones work well with iPad (hotspot for data, sync, etc).

Their niche was the phone market. They should have perfected that niche and made the entire experience better. Instead they sat back and gave us BB Maps

In any case the day the US releases unlocked iPhone 4S, I am gone. Already bought my cases and car chargers.
    winajo likes this.
    11-04-11 08:21 AM
    No, I'm not dying to get the iPhone. I'm fine.
    11-04-11 08:23 AM
95 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD