BB hub shows all your ongoing communications (text messages,email,etc) in one place which is great when you are on the road.
    In office you have a PC with a larger keyboard/display so working on it is easier than on the BB.

It would be great if we could send texts from the PC.
    There are web sites that allow you to send texts via their own server/gateway or whatever, but is it possible to have the PC and BB working together so texts go from BB?

My BB is a Key2 LE, it runs Android
    02-25-20 11:49 AM
    BB hub shows all your ongoing communications (text messages,email,etc) in one place which is great when you are on the road.
    In office you have a PC with a larger keyboard/display so working on it is easier than on the BB.

There are web sites that allow you to send texts via their own server/gateway or whatever, but is it possible to have the PC and BB working together so texts go from BB?

BlackBerry doesn't have any texting solutions.... HUB just picks up notifications via the onboard Android Service.

There are a number of applications out there that will allow you to use the Android texting services. Google has a web portal https://messages.google.com/web And some carriers (Verizon at least) offer PC programs that do texting through their system.

Now at one time BlackBerry had planned a BLEND solution like they had for BB10... but they never did, and at this point I doubt they ever will.
    02-25-20 11:56 AM
    How about "Your Phone" in Windows 10? Not sure if it does email but it does text messages/notifications file transfers etc.
    mh1983, spantch101 and bh7171 like this.
    02-25-20 12:24 PM
    How about "Your Phone" in Windows 10? Not sure if it does email but it does text messages/notifications file transfers etc.
    Yeah, I've been using that a bit, but it has a way to go. My biggest complaint is that you cannot delete anything from the "Your Phone" app on the computer.
    brookie229 likes this.
    02-25-20 01:57 PM
    BlackBerry doesn't have any texting solutions.... HUB just picks up notifications via the onboard Android Service.

There are a number of applications out there that will allow you to use the Android texting services. Google has a web portal https://messages.google.com/web And some carriers (Verizon at least) offer PC programs that do texting through their system.

Now at one time BlackBerry had planned a BLEND solution like they had for BB10... but they never did, and at this point I doubt they ever will.
    I had Blend back in the day and it worked very well for text on PC.
    02-25-20 04:51 PM
    I use Pushbullet pro for this.
    02-25-20 06:12 PM

I have been sending texts on my PC for years. First with the Verizon app. Now I use my Samsung Note and the Windows My Phone app.
    02-26-20 01:09 AM
    02-27-20 12:07 AM
    Off topic: I wonder if Unihertz and others are looking at this design and discussing how a 4:3 screen could replace the toolbelt and upper media controls.
    03-04-20 10:54 PM