the first 3...how to make the browser faster and wifi? help please
    01-30-10 04:30 PM
    The browser sucks. Try Opera mobile 5. There is no wifi on the 9530.
    01-30-10 04:37 PM
    Yeah, wifi is only available on the storm 2, not the storm 1. As for the browser, you can try disabling javascript. It should help render pages faster. Also you can try using different 3rd party browsers like Opera mini or Bolt.
    01-30-10 04:38 PM
    buy a different device lol....only solution for all of that
    01-30-10 06:31 PM
    Greatest answer in the history of this forum.
    01-30-10 07:21 PM
    Greatest answer in the history of this forum.
    It was worth logging in just to say...

ROFL!!!

Both quoted for the truth.

I will be in line on VZW's Nexus One launch day.
    01-30-10 09:18 PM
    I also use Opera Mini 5. It is much faster than the BB browser. For instance, it loads up crackberry.com in about 3 seconds.

Question - Can I delete the BB browser and just use Opera? Or is the BB browser so ingrained in the OS that it cannot be removed. Has anybody actually tried to do this?
    01-30-10 11:42 PM
    You can't delete the BB browser as it's an integral part of the OS.
    01-30-10 11:46 PM
    I like OM5, but I like pasting URLs and addresses into places.
    01-31-10 01:09 AM
    I will be in line on VZW's Nexus One launch day.
    Me too unless there is another Android option by then. It seems there still may be another HTC device with Android coming directly to VZW that is related to the N1. Well, I'm hoping anyway.

There's also a Samsung phone coming with the Snapdragon processor and Android. The specs (rumored) are basically identical to the N1, but the phone is MUCH nicer looking. Who knows if VZW will get it though?
    Last edited by ChuckH0308; 01-31-10 at 02:20 AM. Reason: edit
    01-31-10 02:09 AM
    Nexus One!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-10 05:02 AM
    im considering the N1 too so we will see....there are some drawbacks too though, i need to demo it for 30 days and see
    01-31-10 10:15 AM
    The reality is every new toy you get is the greatest toy you ever had...............for a week or so. Then its just another toy that you come to realize isnt everything you thought it was (nothing ever is). I want the N1 too but why? Cause i really need it? NO. My storm works fine ,sorta. I want it because its different. In a year or so i'll want something else and so on and so on. What i really want is to get rid of my $150 a month bill for service. So more and more im thinking of just keeping my S1, flaws and all and just ending my contract with vzw and getting the phone unlocked and putting it on a non contract tmobile plan for 50 or 60 a month. Yes the service isnt as good but so what, im not the super smartphone user. Ive come to realize i just need to make some calls and sms every so often. Usually when im out im too busy to use the internet capabilities on my phone, i do use it but enough to warrant a $150 a month bill?(family plan, i pay for my mothers phone as well, shes 65. Gotta help where i can lol). I guess coming to the realization that im spending over $1600 a year on a cell phone is setting in. Nobodys fault but mine i know.
    01-31-10 01:28 PM
    No this wasn't my question...sorry for the misunderstanding. My original question was on bbhybrids, go to downloads then 95x0 then do you guys see browser patch to make it fast and wifi.

02-01-10 11:05 PM
    How would you download the file to make he browser faster?

02-01-10 11:06 PM
    go to downloads then 95x0 then do you guys see browser patch to make it fast and wifi.
    This is not really a question, that's probably why ppl aren't answering you. And wifi what? There is no wifi. We don't know what you're talking about...
    02-01-10 11:15 PM
    you cant...you dont have nor ever will you have wifi
    02-01-10 11:16 PM
    I'm pretty sure that at least the wifi files are for the storm 2 since the storm 1 doesn't have wifi. And as for the other ones I think they are also for the storm 2, but I can't be too sure.
    02-01-10 11:50 PM
    How would you download the file to make he browser faster?

Ok, I see what you were looking at. First off, the WiFi patch is only for the Storm2 phones. Won't work on the Storm 1 phones.

Second, if you want to try Seanren's browser patch, download the file, and follow his instructions. The easiest method to load it if you don't really know what you're doing is to copy the files into your Java folder, then reload the OS with the patch. If you know how to use BBSAK, you can add the .cod files directly.

Note: there is no guarantee this will improve browser speeds. Seanren experienced more consistent speeds with it, but there are no guarantees, and I also believe he experienced the improved experience with the Storm2, so there are even less reasons to believe it will make a dramatic improvement with the Storm 1. You can try it, but don't expect much of anything.
    02-02-10 01:06 AM
    I was under the impression the nexus 1 will not be realized by Verizon as a 2 year contract device...meaning u must buy the CDMA version outright from google. Correct me if I am wrong.
    02-03-10 10:01 AM

The best answer ever!

Cheers
    02-03-10 10:32 AM
    I like OM5, but I like pasting URLs and addresses into places.
    If you are talking about not being able to paste URLs in OM 5, if you touch and hold for a few seconds you will get the option to paste in the URL field in OM5.......it doesn't show in the menu but it's easy enough to do.
    02-03-10 12:15 PM
    I was under the impression the nexus 1 will not be realized by Verizon as a 2 year contract device...meaning u must buy the CDMA version outright from google. Correct me if I am wrong.
    yes you by outright from google when it becomes available. so no contract is needed with VZW its the way it will work i think. whats you point though?
    02-03-10 01:09 PM
    My point is people on here are talking about wanting to demo the unit for 30 days thru VZW and waiting till their 2yr agreement runs out to buy the phone. It will not be offered thru Verizon meaning no special contract pricing and no point in waiting for ur contract to end so u can buy it. But yeah it will cost a **** ton more money...
    02-03-10 11:01 PM
    My point is people on here are talking about wanting to demo the unit for 30 days thru VZW and waiting till their 2yr agreement runs out to buy the phone. It will not be offered thru Verizon meaning no special contract pricing and no point in waiting for ur contract to end so u can buy it. But yeah it will cost a **** ton more money...
    that i dont know...the phone is not out yet and doesnt have a release date either so a lot is in the air still. I am guessing some people dont realize they can switch phones at any time and plans during your contract time. That doesnt break your contract.
    02-04-10 07:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD