I thought I was done with BlackBerry after the bricking and nuking 99xx phones. So I was surprised to find myself with a Z10.

I now have a Q10 that I absolutely love. I'll probably buy the Q20 next. Don't know what will happen beyond that.
    Ok so I'm quoting myself because I need to update my position.

I remained certain that I would get the next BlackBerry until it became clear that the native app situation wasn't improving. The deal with Amazon pointed to me that Blackberry had signaled an abandonment of the pursuit of native apps.

So....I used Blackberry up until it went in a direction that I would not follow.

I still love my Q10 and I will continue to keep it updated and keep the few apps I've got updated. But I actually won't get the a Passport nor will I get the Classic.

My purchases this year will be an iPhone 6, a Note 4, and a Lumia 1520. BlackBerry abandoned native app development efforts so I won't be getting a new BlackBerry for the first time since 2007.

Don't know when I'll buy another or if I'll buy another.
    08-01-14 05:03 AM
    BlackBerry till the end.. if there is an end

STA100-6 WhiteZ30_SA
    08-01-14 05:18 AM

My purchases this year will be an iPhone 6, a Note 4, and a Lumia 1520. BlackBerry abandoned native app development efforts so I won't be getting a new BlackBerry for the first time since 2007.

The Lumia 1520, especially with WP8.1, is a lovely phone. The size takes some getting used to, and you look slightly odd when holding it to your ear, but overall I'm glad I bought one, and I hope you'll be happy too.
    I can't see me coming back to BB either. None of the upcoming models are attractive to me, the passport may be the ugliest phone I've ever seen, and I've discovered that WP and me get along quite well.
    Leaving CB though, that's a different matter. I can't stop myself visiting... Crackberry is well named, damn sites' addictive! LOL
    flyingsolid likes this.
    08-01-14 06:06 AM

I remained certain that I would get the next BlackBerry until it became clear that the native app situation wasn't improving. The deal with Amazon pointed to me that Blackberry had signaled an abandonment of the pursuit of native apps.

So....I used Blackberry up until it went in a direction that I would not follow.

I still love my Q10 and I will continue to keep it updated and keep the few apps I've got updated. But I actually won't get the a Passport nor will I get the Classic.

I am going back and forth in my mind, if I want a Passport or not...

It's a difficult decision, because the gap between BB10 and the rest of the market hasn't closed in terms of apps and the Amazon solution may be a solution for the die-hards, but it just isn't comparable to the other 2 ecosystems.

Talking about ecosystems as a whole, the gap between BB10 and the rest of the market is just incredibly huge...

Luckily, I personally don't care about apps, because I still haven't found a scenario where I would NEED one, but I do start to want some. So yeah...
    No current all touch flagship, is also something that is just a ridiculous decision on BlackBerry's part.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB and eyesopen1111 like this.
    08-01-14 06:08 AM
    The Lumia 1520, especially with WP8.1, is a lovely phone. The size takes some getting used to, and you look slightly odd when holding it to your ear, but overall I'm glad I bought one, and I hope you'll be happy too.
    I can't see me coming back to BB either. None of the upcoming models are attractive to me, the passport may be the ugliest phone I've ever seen, and I've discovered that WP and me get along quite well.
    Leaving CB though, that's a different matter. I can't stop myself visiting... Crackberry is well named, damn sites' addictive! LOL
    It is addictive and I do have friends here. Also I want to keep up on what's happening in case anything changes that might cause me to change my stand. If I suddenly see a crop of native apps that would be ones I use then I'd try them out.

But as far as daily driver, not at the moment and not in the foreseeable future as things stand.
    08-01-14 06:11 AM

It's a difficult decision, because the gap between BB10 and the rest of the market hasn't closed in terms of apps and the Amazon solution may be a solution for the die-hards, but it just isn't comparable to the other 2 ecosystems.

Talking about ecosystems as a whole, the gap between BB10 and the rest of the market is just incredibly huge...

Luckily, I personally don't care about apps, because I still haven't found a scenario where I would NEED one, but I do start to want some. So yeah...
    No current all touch flagship, is also something that is just a ridiculous decision on BlackBerry's part.

Posted via CB10
    Well since I'm not rich I have to buy what will give me the most for what I spend. Right now with the ecosystem being what it is and my next laptop being a MacBook Pro....my money is better spent on the iPhone and the Note 4.

I was also pleasantly surprised that the apps I want are on WP. And that camera is insane.
    JeepBB likes this.
    08-01-14 06:16 AM
    I've been loyal to blackberry for about 7 years I've loved their designs on mobile phones also the experience with their OS system I've gone from so many 7OS devices to 10OS devices and I've loved every moment of it also using the BlackBerry PlayBook but I've noticed blackberry is now going down the line i am getting bit board of being a loyal blackberry user but i dont want to betrayed blackberry after I've supported them over so many years i hope soon blackberry will realise 10.3 and aslo bring back more simple and smart devices back on the market like the new classic and passport looking forward for the future to see what happen blackberry to be number #1 on the phone market.

Posted by Z10
    08-01-14 06:38 AM
    Will be with them till they fold up

Posted via CB10
    08-01-14 06:56 AM
    I constantly evaluate the state of the competition. Nothing compelling to pull me from BlackBerry...yet.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-14 07:23 AM

Posted via CB10
    I'm with you. I don't care about apps, games, etc. However the few apps that I do have I either have to pay for them if I use through bbw, or they don't exist on bbw. So I have to get them through snap. Which then defeats the purpose of having a blackberry. ( my opinion). So I might S well get a phone that supports those apps to begin with so I don't have to go around the back ways to get them. But I still love my BlackBerry for emails, which is my main function for a phone ( besides making or receiving calls), I've always tinkered on the possibility of having my BlackBerry and my iPod for extra stuff. Plus I tried to download certain apps and they don't work on my blackberry as good or not at all

Posted via CB10
    08-01-14 08:26 AM
    I'll still be buying in to BlackBerry even if they only made women's perfume. And I'm a man!
    08-01-14 08:50 AM
    I'm on WindowsPhone now, but I still carry my BlackBerry Legacy as a back-up.

Now, with "Passport", I'll be replacing the Legacy with a Passport. It's an odd phone to be sure, but that's why I want it. Different can be amazing.
    So you replace your backup phone by a phone that's more expensive and cooler than your main device?
    08-01-14 09:41 AM
    If they dont release a Z50 or some upgrade for z30 Im gonna leave the boat.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-14 10:55 AM
    As they keep making BlackBerry phones I will keep buying one.

Posted via CB10 with my BlackBerry Z10
    08-01-14 10:59 AM
    Not a chance they don't make an upgrade to an all touch. So the a seat... the boat is on a long journey.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-14 11:10 AM
    Until BlackBerry is still there and/or until it works for me.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    08-01-14 11:13 AM
    I am no loyal to BlackBerry and to any brand in any way. The current offer of BlackBerry phones fit my needs, once the Z10 and the Z30 will reach their EOL, i will see what new on BlackBerry side, and stay with them or move away.

For what i know about the future phones, Passport and Classic and OS 10.3, i am likely to stay with BlackBerry in 2015 and beyond.
    08-01-14 11:19 AM

For me, the Passport is the perfect device. As far as apps go, I really don't use that many. I think if BlackBerry adoption rises, maybe native development will increase too, but tbh I've got what I need in that department. I'll stick with BlackBerry until they stop making the perfect devices for me. I am all about the email and spreadsheets etc so the Passport display takes the cake in my opinion.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3247 O2 UK
    wincyUt likes this.
    08-01-14 02:42 PM
    I'll ditch BlackBerry once and for all when they start adopting iOS to there devices :P Meaning, no I'll always give BlackBerry the benefit of the doubt

Posted via CB10 for my beloved Z30 running 10.2.1.3247
    08-01-14 02:49 PM
    For me, the Passport is the perfect device. As far as apps go, I really don't use that many. I think if BlackBerry adoption rises, maybe native development will increase too, but tbh I've got what I need in that department. I'll stick with BlackBerry until they stop making the perfect devices for me. I am all about the email and spreadsheets etc so the Passport display takes the cake in my opinion.

Glad it works for you. Enjoy it in good health. For spreadsheets the Note 2 I've got at work is stellar. Also transferring data via two apps on screen at the same time has proved very useful. That's one of the reasons I'm waiting for the Note 4.

I personally have reached the end of the road with BlackBerry. Don't know that I'll come back to using it as a daily driver or even a secondary device. But it's not a good idea to say "never" so I won't.

Enjoy the Passport. It will be a great device.
    08-01-14 04:22 PM
    Glad it works for you. Enjoy it in good health. For spreadsheets the Note 2 I've got at work is stellar. Also transferring data via two apps on screen at the same time has proved very useful. That's one of the reasons I'm waiting for the Note 4.

I personally have reached the end of the road with BlackBerry. Don't know that I'll come back to using it as a daily driver or even a secondary device. But it's not a good idea to say "never" so I won't.

Enjoy the Passport. It will be a great device.
    Although I'm loyal to BlackBerry for my daily driver, I have a few secondary devices that I like to play around with. at the moment I've got a Sony Z1 and an old SGS3. There's even an iPhone sitting in a drawer in the office that I grew to hate. My daughter has asked me to look at the large note tablet for her and TBH it looks impressive in terms of functionality. Since the cost is not much different to the Surface, i'm thinking that maybe that would be better with regards to being able to run the same software that her school uses on their PC's. The Note family of phones are very good and frankly, I don't blame you for going that way. You'll have to give us your verdict on the Note 4 when you have one. As for me, when I got rid of my 9900 and got my Z10, I realised that I'm more comfortable with a physical keyboard and I'm definitely salivating at the prospect of having one again.

I hope that BlackBerry tempt you back one day with a large phablet of their own and a turbocharged Android runtime or better app ecosystem.

08-02-14 04:22 AM
    Although I'm loyal to BlackBerry for my daily driver, I have a few secondary devices that I like to play around with. at the moment I've got a Sony Z1 and an old SGS3. There's even an iPhone sitting in a drawer in the office that I grew to hate. My daughter has asked me to look at the large note tablet for her and TBH it looks impressive in terms of functionality. Since the cost is not much different to the Surface, i'm thinking that maybe that would be better with regards to being able to run the same software that her school uses on their PC's. The Note family of phones are very good and frankly, I don't blame you for going that way. You'll have to give us your verdict on the Note 4 when you have one. As for me, when I got rid of my 9900 and got my Z10, I realised that I'm more comfortable with a physical keyboard and I'm definitely salivating at the prospect of having one again.

I hope that BlackBerry tempt you back one day with a large phablet of their own and a turbocharged Android runtime or better app ecosystem.

Just a native app ecosystem would be enough. Really. I can't get my head around the fact that I can't get my banks' apps on my Q10. I've been using the browser but when I see the alerts that I can set on my iOS app that are not there on the wen app it makes me scream.

On the Note 2, I can tell you I LOVE it at work. It honestly is a beast. It IS a pocket PC.

Things change. Nothing remains static. We'll see what happens and if the native apps I use make it back to BBW. For now, I'm off BlackBerry.
    08-02-14 04:30 AM
422 ... 151617