I still think this is related somehow with the boot time never change issue.
    I just keep hoping that the next (and next) update will resolve this issue. Meanwhile I just keep the phone charged and hope it never need to reboot

Sent from my Amazon Otter using Tapatalk
    To be honest, the issue is becoming more and more annoying... have to walk around with charger and extra batteries... if my work wouldn't require me to use BB, I would definitely switch.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 07:33 AM
    To be honest, the issue is becoming more and more annoying... have to walk around with charger and extra batteries... if my work wouldn't require me to use BB, I would definitely switch.

Posted via CB10
    Well, I usually work at office, so charging usually not a problem. And on holiday, I just let it shut down and use my personal phone for calls.
    Because of this kind of problem, I recommend u to use power bank instead of extra battery.
    But for work productivity, honestly, BB is still the best for now, no other platform out there can beat it, mainly because of the Hub, and the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    adelintru likes this.
    04-21-14 08:13 AM
    Sorry, a few annoying bugs and default behaviors, but no stability issues at all so far. I should qualify that by saying I'm only 3-4 weeks into having a Z10, however, I would've done a dozen or more battery pulls on my Torch 9800 in the same timeframe.
    04-21-14 01:09 PM
    Stable OS and Stable Platform are two different things OP.

I've found that BB10 has matured quite well over the last year. Most updates (think there have been three on Verizon) have provided a few bugs, for me a clean install usually fixes these annoyances - usually in contacts. Most everyone I know that has iOS encounter a few glitches with updates. Usually they have to uninstall and re-install an app or two.

But a Stable Platform able to support it's self and either maintain or hopefully grow.... you can look for that in the second part of he 3rd Quarter of the final year.
    adelintru likes this.
    04-21-14 01:56 PM
    Looking forward into 10.3.
    I'm using Z30 and also have various bugs and inconveniences, but stability improved greatly after recent 10.2.1 update.

Most annoying bugs:

GPS lock-up - it remembers last location and doesn't show current location - solved by restart.
    Screen rotation lock-up - after playing landscape game any other application turns to landscape with no sense to actual orientation - solved by restart.
    Picture viewer crashes - try play video file when you open it from "Pictures" any camera related crashes or hang-up - solved by restart.

Less relevant:
    Slow camera - on devices with similar hardware camera acts faster (focusing and capture) so I can conclude that is software implementation issue.
    Android apps crashes - for example "Candy Crush Saga" is android app which worked flawlessly before recent update (of app itself) now it crashes on start up.

BBM not working on cellular data connection but working on WiFi - MUST be solved. BBM for Android is working on the same network but not working on BB10 - WTF?

Otherwise it is a great phone. Great look and feel, battery life, very responsive, high quality calls and sound, camera quality is good (as for smartphone), one of the best keyboard and internet browser. Very reliable and fast email and other messaging - very important for me.
    Candy Crush was updated, BlackBerry didn't do anything wrong on their end, the app just happens to not work on our end.
    04-21-14 02:03 PM
    When I first got the Q10 it felt very..VERY incomplete. It now feels more refined and finished, and it was starting to win the race in terms of beating the 9900 out for my favorite BlackBerry ever, until I had to send it in for repairs on multiple issues from headphone jack to keyboard, I think a serious stability issue is hardware quality control, more than the OS at this point.
    04-21-14 03:39 PM
    I'm thinking that the hardware might not be up to snuff as well... I'm wondering if by any chance that factored in to the new phones being manufactured by Foxconn...

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    04-21-14 03:49 PM
    maybe the OP meant a staple platform as in being one of the go to platforms. If that is the question then I would like to know too
    04-21-14 03:56 PM
    ive had my z10 since last july and it has become very stable as in no random reboots in a long while. i recall reboots happening in 10.1 but as soon as 10.2 rolled in they've stopped. as for contacts doubing, I had that issue when my skype account synced with the contacts app. every time i ran skype it would re-add the same contacts list and doubled and trippled my contacts. Once I turned off the Skype contact syncing the doubling stopped. As a daily phone its fine so long as you've got a good wifi/LTE reception in your area to maintain battery life. usually when im on the go and passing through a lot of dead spots the battery will only last me 12 hours.

My samsung Note 3 will last me the full day regardless of what i do with it (videos mobile internet etc) but its not a fair comparison as the Note 3 is nearly double the size of the z10 and has 75% more battery capacity. The Note 3 definitely doesnt have the same handling as the Z10 though.
    04-22-14 12:29 AM
    I rarely have a problem where a simple reboot wouldn't fix it.

But platform stability on the other hand is another topic.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 01:09 AM
    Latest official update is quite stable for me too, about 5 or 6 reboots per day solves lagging issues associated with text input lagging and bad support for Czech language and prediction.

I dont count minor problems like battery calibration when device turns of with 11% percent of battery ect.

Now I am having 3rd Q10 (2 times defective keyboard, once defective keyboard and defective battery).
    04-22-14 02:19 AM
    No stability issues for me. BlackBerry Link when I do use it to do backups and such works exactly as it should. And my phones been rock solid since I bought it in March of 2013. Of course BlackBerry 10 has come a long ways. But I have not had any stability issues or weird battery drains.

Now my wife also has a Z10 and does have battery issues. Days where her battery just dies quickly. But then she has her social apps on in the hub whereas I do not. Not sure if that or other things are cause for her erratic battery performance. But she has no other phone issues.
    04-22-14 02:41 AM
    Well, I usually work at office, so charging usually not a problem. And on holiday, I just let it shut down and use my personal phone for calls.
    Because of this kind of problem, I recommend u to use power bank instead of extra battery.
    But for work productivity, honestly, BB is still the best for now, no other platform out there can beat it, mainly because of the Hub, and the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    This is the reason why we have them... I'm glad that someone is confirming that

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 03:24 AM
    Stable OS and Stable Platform are two different things OP.

I've found that BB10 has matured quite well over the last year. Most updates (think there have been three on Verizon) have provided a few bugs, for me a clean install usually fixes these annoyances - usually in contacts. Most everyone I know that has iOS encounter a few glitches with updates. Usually they have to uninstall and re-install an app or two.

But a Stable Platform able to support it's self and either maintain or hopefully grow.... you can look for that in the second part of he 3rd Quarter of the final year.
    Let's hope... I just want a stable, reliable smartphone...

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 03:29 AM
    I bought my Z10 in late November last year. OS seemed stable already and with each upgrade it progressed even further. I'm probably happy with stability and battery life because I don't use social media apps, in fact, I'm using just a few apps, not to heavy on the system.
    I'm perfectly happy with PIM functionality and speed. From day one I have solid 16 hrs of battery life and not a single crash or reboot.
    04-22-14 04:58 AM
    I have used several BBs before switching to BB OS 10, and I must say that all of them were more stable
    Interesting... I left BlackBerry OS because of its instability. too many freezes, hour glasses, battery pulls, lockups and reboots and 10 minute boot up times

There's more work to do on BB10 but on the whole, I find it many orders of magnitude more robust than BlackBerry OS

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-22-14 05:50 AM
    Interesting... I left BlackBerry OS because of its instability. too many freezes, hour glasses, battery pulls, lockups and reboots and 10 minute boot up times

There's more work to do on BB10 but on the whole, I find it many orders of magnitude more robust than BlackBerry OS

Posted via CB10
    Also interesting to hear your opinion... my experiance was that if you didn't mess with them (install apps all the time, change settings all the time etc) it would simply work... experiance which is not replicated in 10, as the phone decided randomly to do something...

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 01:27 PM
    No problems here with my Z10, Q10 and Z30.
    04-22-14 02:06 PM
    Also interesting to hear your opinion... my experiance was that if you didn't mess with them (install apps all the time, change settings all the time etc) it would simply work... experiance which is not replicated in 10, as the phone decided randomly to do something...

Posted via CB10
    My experience with OS7 was related only to 9900 and it was exceptional due to a fact that I used exclusively for phone calls and emails/sms. I never had a situation which required battery pull. On other hand, other co workers with other Blackberry models had lots of issues.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 02:23 PM
    Makes me ask the same question. I deleted all my accounts and still PIM uses up more battery than BBM, whatsapp or my display (close to 20% off each charge) I mean more than the apps and everything. I would want a software where u don't have to continuously worry about your phone dying on u when u need it or having to reload the OS over and over again. I have been using a Q5 for a month and have already reloaded the OS 3 times. Why can't there be a uniform experience for all that is bug free? There are as many people with these weird bugs as there are without them. Maybe more. It maybe maturing nicely, but still has a really long way to go and doesn't have so much time when u see where android and iOS is. I mean BBOS was way better with all this I feel. WAY better
    adelintru likes this.
    04-22-14 02:39 PM
    Makes me ask the same question. I deleted all my accounts and still PIM uses up more battery than BBM, whatsapp or my display (close to 20% off each charge) I mean more than the apps and everything. I would want a software where u don't have to continuously worry about your phone dying on u when u need it or having to reload the OS over and over again. I have been using a Q5 for a month and have already reloaded the OS 3 times. Why can't there be a uniform experience for all that is bug free? There are as many people with these weird bugs as there are without them. Maybe more. It maybe maturing nicely, but still has a really long way to go and doesn't have so much time when u see where android and iOS is. I mean BBOS was way better with all this I feel. WAY better
    Couldn't agree more. I made it back in my home country... decided to reload all my accounts, and of course BB decided it needs PIM to run for hours and delete (i assume) stuff... and after hours, of course that I was left with all my contacts undeleted... Let's see, just unbelievable
    AmritD likes this.
    04-22-14 05:39 PM
    I get some odd happenings with my Z30 but nothing that a good ol app purge wont fix. And I noticed that when I deleted a bunch of nifty android apps a lot of bugs went away...now im mainly keeping away from android apps except for some really awesome ones, and im bug free

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    04-22-14 06:57 PM
    My son's S4 battery suddenly died this evening. Went from 50% to zero in 2 hours. He can't figure out why. Instability happens to all phones.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 10:06 PM
    My Z10 has been pretty stable since I bought it. Every OS update has made it better. There is the odd hiccup with things here and there that can sometimes require a restart for a fix. The same can be said though of my wife's iPhone which is often referred to by people like it's the best thing around. Her iPhone is a couple of years old. Mine is just over 1. Every OS advance on her phone has caused it to be choppier, crash more apps, have lower battery life and all around be less predictable than when it was first bought. I'd say long term evolution of the phone has been dismal. But then others say theirs has been flawless since day 1. I'm confident in saying BB10 in its short life is at least as, if not more stable than other OS's. All the bells and whistles may not all be there yet but I'm hoping they can really start cranking out the updates with more and more features, a few at a time and numerous times per year.

Posted via CB10
    gebco likes this.
    04-22-14 10:58 PM
    If you have them, try removing your Twitter/LinkedIn accounts to see if your PIM use drops off. It fixed my high PIM use issue.

Tombstone - Combat Vets Motorcycle Assn - WWW.CVMAFLORIDA.ORG
    04-23-14 06:41 AM
50 12