How long will one blackberry last without getting a new one. I hope mine will last a really long time. I really love my curve
    05-05-09 06:23 PM
    I had a curve that I litterally threw around everywhere, my phones laughed at me all the time but it never broke. They are strong.
    05-05-09 06:37 PM
    Take good care of it and you should be rewarded with a long service life.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-09 06:49 PM
    Just make sure you don't throw it at things (or people) like I've done in the past and you'll be fine.
    05-05-09 06:54 PM
    I own a curve and love it over one year for me. before this i had a razor a cool phone but not a curve this is the mac daddy of phones.
    05-05-09 06:57 PM
    The answer is relative to the cleanliness of your hands. Clean hands, clean berry, dirty hands dirty broken berry.

05-05-09 08:48 PM
    It's like any piece of technology. Keep it clean, both hardware and software, and you'll see a longer lifespan. Overall blackberries (that aren't used as projectiles) last for a lengthy life though.
    05-05-09 09:22 PM
    they should last a while, considering how some ppl dont get new phones til the contract ends
    05-05-09 09:25 PM
    As long as you don't run it over then it should last a very long time!
    05-05-09 09:38 PM
    I used to actually drive over my pearl 8130 on a regular basis for a demonstration. As long as the keyboard was locked all was fine

And I only got rid of it for a full qwerty keyboard, not because it broke.

05-05-09 09:43 PM
    You have a very reliable device in the 83XX series so as long as you do the maintenance on it every now and again it will last a long time...
    05-05-09 09:44 PM
    Question, sorry to the OP, but I thought this would fit here.

I've heard putting your blackberry in your pocket just by itself will always cause the trackball to malfunction, is this true? I'm just really torn, because I hate having to slide it out of the pocket sleeve it came with..if it does happen, how long does it usually take to happen, if anyone has any experience with it happening..

05-06-09 03:34 AM
    nah, I'm dropping mine out the window of the car in 6 months & claiming insurance to get a new 'berry
    Last edited by shanek83; 05-06-09 at 05:16 AM.
    05-06-09 04:55 AM
    I'd recommend, to prolong life, getting a charging cradle rather than using the USB port to charge it through. My old Curve's port snapped completely off inside the phone due to wear and tear, and I've read of others who have experienced the same thing.

Needless to say, I invested in one first thing when I bought my Bold.

05-06-09 05:46 AM
    well, RIM has a self-destruct mechanism in it. when they feel you've gotten as much use out of it as you're gonna get, BOOM!
    05-06-09 06:24 AM
    I'd recommend, to prolong life, getting a charging cradle rather than using the USB port to charge it through. My old Curve's port snapped completely off inside the phone due to wear and tear, and I've read of others who have experienced the same thing.

Needless to say, I invested in one first thing when I bought my Bold.

That's a really good idea, thanks! Haven't had that issue with my berry but a few other phones I know of have had that happen. And, it would also solve the problem I have of not being able to see where the stupid unlighted port is to plug in the phone when I'm creeping in late at night and I don't want to turn on the light

05-06-09 06:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD