I gave up my 9700 to my dad at christmas b/c he desperatelyneeded a new phone but was a bit intimidated by the new fangled devices (and their prices!) I wanted to upgrade to a torch so it seemed like a win win situation.

3 months later....

I'm FINALLY getting my handset upgrade by the end of this week! I can't wait!! I feel like it's been YEARS w/o it! I saw a girl on the bus using a 8800 and I was envious! LOL (not that there is anything wrong with the 8800-but compared to the new stuff, it's like utilizing the first apple computer :P )

My question to all of you is: How long have you ever gone without your crackberry fix? Not including the before blackberry period. Did you feel like your time "away" was a good experience or bad?

I have a house phone and a laptop but I STILL feel like I've been stranded on an island longer than Tom Hanks in that movie where he made friends with the volleyball
    02-14-11 07:09 PM
    My longest without my BB was about 1.5 months. I felt it was a good thing, as I was on vacation. But as soon as I got back home first thing was turn on my BB
    02-14-11 07:12 PM
  3. T
    Fortunately, I haven't been w/out my BlackBerry for any length of time. But I think it's really cool of you to give yours to your father and wait patiently for your upgrade.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Traycee likes this.
    02-14-11 07:34 PM
    I have to agree, kudos for hooking your dad up with some BlackBerry love! Honestly, I can't say I would've done the same! I have plenty of old phones that can at least make phone calls and text that would have fitted his needs just fine

I've been a BlackBerry user for about 2.5 years now. My first BB was the Curve 8330 from Verizon. The only time I have been without a BlackBerry since that day was for about 2 months when I swtched from Verizon to AT&T. In that 2 month period I believe I even still carried around my Curve 8330 the whole time for my contacts, music and to take pictures/video! So technically I wasn't without my BB but I might as well have been because it was nothing more than a media player at the time.

Since my switch to AT&T, I had used the Curve 8900, which was an awesome upgrade for me and I got to experience OS 5.0 and all it's glory. Last August (2010) I was due for my first upgrade and I was able to convince AT&T for an early upgrade (by only a few weeks). So, as of August 12th, 2010, I have been rocking a BB Torch 9800

Truthfully, I hope I never have to be without my BlackBerry because it is my "always on" connection to the social world and life around me! Whenever I have an issue with my BB and even have to wait a matter of hours to be able to use my computer to fix it, I go insane...feeling like I'm missing out on something LOL.

You know, there is a reason it's called CrackBerry

02-14-11 08:13 PM
    When I saw the title How Long is Too Long I was very ready to speak my mind but now that were talking about phones, Last year I was without a phone for 2 months and it was tough and I think you should get another 9700
    02-14-11 11:36 PM
    Went without my Storm 9550 for two days when the screen broke and it really sucked. The good side is I got a new Bold 9650 on top of my 9550 replacement. Nice to have cxhoices now about which BB I carry.

02-14-11 11:44 PM
    When I saw the title How Long is Too Long I was very ready to speak my mind but now that were talking about phones, Last year I was without a phone for 2 months and it was tough and I think you should get another 9700
    What did you think my title was eluding to? When you put it that way, it makes me curious about what you were originally going to say?
    02-15-11 12:22 AM
    I haven't gone without my BB!

Knock on wood!!
    02-15-11 01:13 AM
    I'm going on a year now. Hope to get back into the game with the bold touch.
    02-15-11 01:44 AM
    I haven't gone without mine either. I've upgraded each time cause I liked the next device not because the old one was broken. So I have my old BBs and just today I picked up a Bold 9000 for $20 still in the box. Including leather pocket, charger, and earphones still in plastic. I've been plsying w/ it tonite. It sure is slower than my torch. I dred the day I have to go w/ out my BB.
    So what did you use for a phone the last couple of months?

02-15-11 02:03 AM
    Not one day since I bought my first

02-15-11 09:48 AM
    I was without my BB for 2 weeks while traveling over seas, since then I have started ponying up the cost of an International data package when I go over seas cause I didn't like being without
    02-15-11 04:39 PM
    I saw a girl on the bus using a 8800 and I was envious! LOL (not that there is anything wrong with the 8800-but compared to the new stuff, it's like utilizing the first apple computer :P )
    ROFL. Same thing happened to me a while back.
    02-15-11 04:45 PM
    I haven't gone without mine either. I've upgraded each time cause I liked the next device not because the old one was broken. So I have my old BBs and just today I picked up a Bold 9000 for $20 still in the box. Including leather pocket, charger, and earphones still in plastic. I've been plsying w/ it tonite. It sure is slower than my torch. I dred the day I have to go w/ out my BB.
    So what did you use for a phone the last couple of months?

Nothing. Absolutely nada. LOL
    02-16-11 12:21 AM
    Since having a blackberry no more than 3 days. And that was really pushing it... Alotta pain and screaming.

02-16-11 02:31 AM
    Almost 7 months and did not give it a thought in that entire time. Currently, I have used my 9800 maybe 6 days out of the last 30.
    02-16-11 07:04 AM
    Almost 7 months and did not give it a thought in that entire time. Currently, I have used my 9800 maybe 6 days out of the last 30.
    That's because you don't take your BB to bed with you ... Like most Crack-Heads here.

02-16-11 11:36 AM
    That's because you don't take your BB to bed with you ... Like most Crack-Heads here.
    Well yeah there is that too.

02-16-11 01:14 PM
    It is crazy....years ago when I was using a dumbphone and smartphones first came out, I told myself how silly all of that stuff was...like I was too good to use it or something. I honestly don't know why I was so hard headed back then...

Fast forward to today and many smartphones later....I can honestly say it pains me when I am without my BB. I actually forgot it one day on way to work and what a day that was!

Sad, I know, lol!

02-16-11 04:15 PM
    I jnow exactly how you feel BoldtotheMax, I used to think the SAME way and then I got my first SmartPhone and Now look at me! I'm a dysfunctional mass without one!

I never thought I'd be one of "those" people! LOL
    02-16-11 11:25 PM
    It's kinda hard for me to have one day without a blackberry when I have about 5 spare ones lol
    02-17-11 04:47 AM
    I had to for one day since the battery drained and I had to go out, and it did not feel good at all. I missed having it in my pocket.
    02-18-11 01:26 PM
    Whenever I have to visit the in-laws I am basically berryless. There is no signal where they live no wi-fi either.

I think it's harder on me to have a non-functioning BlackBerry with me, watching the battery drain while it desperately searches for a signal, than to not have it at all.

It's always nice to head for home and get a few miles down the road and have it spring back to life bringing in several days worth of messages and email. It's music to my ears!

02-18-11 02:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD