1. T
    I've noticed on my OS6 Bold that after a reboot when I search for something a small message will come up near the search bar that says, "Indexing ... all results might not be available right away" or something to that effect. I'm wondering how long it should take to catalog everything so that search yields all expected results. I've noticed that sometimes even when that message has stopped appearing while searching (always after a reboot), all results don't come up. Then I'll reboot again and ge the same result. By the third time, it seems like it has done all the indexing because all expected results show up during searches. Is this a glitch that sometimes shows up after rebooting (a failure to index everything), or does it simply index everything after the three reboots because it has had more time (the time it takes to reboot thrice)?
    11-08-11 01:22 PM
    Should be pretty quick, that is with the SD card out of it. Depending on the class and content, with a card in it can be a while. Rebooting won't help speed it up either. Usually it's pretty responsive for me in 5-15 minutes of boot up, depending on whether it's rebuilding the image indexing or not. Bloody thing hates being connected to the PC too. Sure way to have it seem like forever.
    11-08-11 01:34 PM
  3. T
    Thanks. Yes, seems like 5-15 minutes to me, too. I think on the third reboot I usually let it sit longer (like 15 minutes), and maybe that's why it returns all results. It just seems like if I start to use the device before it's done, it doesn't finish its indexing (even though the message no longer appears during searches) and never yields all expected search results. Then I reboot and wait longer before using the device but maybe still not long enough, because the same thing happens. On the third try I wait longest and it works perfectly. But okay, from your reply I can see that the time can vary.
    11-08-11 01:43 PM
    Sad fact as you know, the dang phone is pretty useless for 15 minutes after reboot regardless.

Santa, are you listening?
    11-08-11 02:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD