Hey guys. So, about a little more than a year ago (March of last year), I bought the Blackberry Storm. So far, I've been pretty disappointed with it. Typing has been overall pretty annoying. Battery downright sucks. It's all pretty glitchy now and then. I'm very interested in the new blackberry bold 9650 (I'm on verizon by the way). So, I was wondering, how long do you guys wait until you can a new phone? A year, 2 years? Basically, I can get an upgrade whenever, because my parents both have upgrades available and they don't want to use it.

What do you guys think?
    04-28-10 04:25 PM
    I haven't had a full cycle yet because I killed my first Storm and was on cheapphones for a while, but I plan to wait until i'm eligiable for an upgrade (two years or so for Bell)
    04-28-10 04:32 PM
    I got my little Pearl in October and I'm getting my new 9700 this next Tuesday! If you're disappointed, get the new 9650! It looks absolutely awesome! And, believe me, the BB experience comes with the keyboard!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-10 04:41 PM
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm going to go for the 9650. But, I'm hearing that the new iphone may be coming to verizon. Eh.. nvm. Thinking about it right now, the new OS for blackberry looks like it's gona be sick.

YAY!
    Last edited by JSK100; 04-28-10 at 04:46 PM.
    04-28-10 04:44 PM
    Well I have Sprint, and because both my husband and I have been on that network for so long, we are "premier" customers, meaning that we can upgrade every 12 months (or so I've been told). Personally, I don't like to upgrade unless there is something actually wrong with the phone or the technology is very outdated (for instance, I had the Curve 8330 before this -- that sucker has been around for YEARS now, and I wanted the better screen, better camera, etc. of the Tour, all of which were pretty major improvements over the 8330). If I DO want to upgrade, I also tend to wait until the device has been out for at least 4-6 months so that they can work out the glitches.

My husband on the other hand can't wait to get his grubby little hands on whatever new phone comes out as soon as it does. I think it is ridiculous, and a complete waste (although, I must give him credit that he usually recycles the phone if he doesn't find someone to buy it). He did wait to get the Tour until just this week though!!!
    04-28-10 04:48 PM
    I was celebrating already the fact that a frustrated Storm user wasn't going to leave the BB platform just because of the nasty experience with BB's tactile device... Don't tell me you're leaving for an iPhone!

Give the Bold 9650 a try and see what I mean , it's got nothing to do!

04-28-10 04:49 PM
    I normally get something new every few weeks. I rarely use the same phone for more than a month, but I do rotate back to devices often.
    04-28-10 05:08 PM
    I have to wait 18 months to get a new phone...

04-28-10 05:16 PM
    I have to wait 18 months to get a new phone...

i get a new phone evey 6 months
    04-28-10 05:30 PM
    i get a new phone evey 6 months
    Lucky you.. Wish I were as rich as you

04-28-10 05:36 PM
    I used to waste tons of money on buying new phones. However, I have matured quite a bit and no longer feel the need to get rid of a phone after a couple months of use.

I won't get a new one until July 2011.
    04-28-10 06:10 PM
    I get a new phone every 12 months. By then I'm anxious to get my hands on the newest BB out!
    04-28-10 06:22 PM
    Yeah, thinking about it now, I don't think I will have to get the new blackberry (Bold 6950) as soon as it comes out. I'm probably just going to wait a few months. Thanks guys.
    04-28-10 07:11 PM
    I have four lines on AT&T (kids) and I get their upgrades, (hey, Im payin the bill).
    LOL. Sometimes if they need a new one we use their UG, and sometimes I just buy one outright from ebay for them. Anyway, I have the consumer loyalty yearly UG since Im the primary line, so I get one every Jan. last year I got the 8900, this year I got the 9700, next year........................
    04-28-10 07:53 PM
    I switch every 7-10 months. Usually I sell my old phone before its resale value gets worse.

04-28-10 08:29 PM
    CaraP, you crack me up!! I can upgrade every 12 months with Sprint. I am always looking for a better phone than what i have. It must be something that is just hardwired in our DNA!!
    04-29-10 10:50 AM
    I get the top of the range and keep it until its superseded.

Simple really.
    04-29-10 11:02 AM
    i have to wait till next april to get a new bb. this will give me time to see which new bb i like the best. so im ok with waiting.
    04-30-10 01:22 PM
    I am eligible for an upgrade every 12 months and I generally do that within a day or two of being eligible. It doesn't cost me anything to do so, so why not take advantage of a nice new BlackBerry every year
    04-30-10 02:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD