This is the first time Im installing a new theme to my blackberry..I thought it should only take a minute or so...but its taking about half an hour or so just to install a new theme...it looks like its installing BBOS again maybe? even though I just installed that before I installed the new theme...Can someone let me know what Im doing wrong?
    09-09-11 05:38 AM
    I don't know how many minutes exactly but I know that it doesn't take 30 minutes. Cancel the installation and try again. Could be a network issue.
    09-09-11 05:51 AM
    How is it a network issue....it's a theme file that's on my hard drive and I'm installing it onto my blackberry. I think it's reinstalling bbos again but I dont know how to keep it from installing it all over again in the future. Im not sure what Im doing wrong.
    09-09-11 06:15 AM
    I misunderstood your post, sorry. I thought you were installing a new theme using your device. What do you mean by "installing it all over again in the future"?. What are you referring to exactly, the theme or the OS?
    09-09-11 07:15 AM
    The OS. I want to install more themes but if I do what I just did it's going to take an hour again to install another one....because it seems like it's also reinstalling the OS all over again each time.
    09-09-11 07:23 AM
    The easiest way to install a theme is to go directly to the themes folders on Crackberry and download directly OTA to your device.
    09-09-11 07:27 AM
    The OS. I want to install more themes but if I do what I just did it's going to take an hour again to install another one....because it seems like it's also reinstalling the OS all over again each time.
    Hm. That's strange. Why would it reinstall the OS each time you connect your device. I don't know what's wrong but I agree with @trucky. If you want to download themes, the way to do so is directly from your blackberry. It's the easiest and fastest way.
    09-09-11 07:33 AM
    This is the first time Im installing a new theme to my blackberry..I thought it should only take a minute or so...but its taking about half an hour or so just to install a new theme...it looks like its installing BBOS again maybe? even though I just installed that before I installed the new theme...Can someone let me know what Im doing wrong?
    I cannot speak for some issue you might be having with reinstalling of the OS but the best and safest and fastest way to install a Theme is directly from your BB OTA(over the air) and it should take maybe 3-4 mins depending on the size of the theme. Anything else the DL is hanging up and should be tried again and not meant for your model you are trying to install it on, Make sure it is compatible with your device.
    09-09-11 11:16 AM
    My blackberry doesnt have wifi and I dont have a data plan so I cant update it that way. I can only install themes through Desktop Manager.

The theme is compatible with my device. It installed the theme onto it just fine but it seemed like it was installing the updated version of bbos that I just installed prior to installing the new theme as well. So it went like this...First, I updated my new bbos version which took about an hour... After that was complete I went to the Application Loader and found the alx file for my theme and chose to install it but it took about an hour as well. it seemed like everything was still check marked to install the bbos all over again...but it also made it seem like if i chose to uncheck those parts of the bbos install that it would uninstall each of them. So I left them check marked thinking it was only going to update the new check mark which was the theme. What do I do to only install new themes and not the bbos all over again every time I update a new theme?
    09-09-11 02:16 PM
    My blackberry doesnt have wifi and I dont have a data plan so I cant update it that way. I can only install themes through Desktop Manager.

The theme is compatible with my device. It installed the theme onto it just fine but it seemed like it was installing the updated version of bbos that I just installed prior to installing the new theme as well. So it went like this...First, I updated my new bbos version which took about an hour... After that was complete I went to the Application Loader and found the alx file for my theme and chose to install it but it took about an hour as well. it seemed like everything was still check marked to install the bbos all over again...but it also made it seem like if i chose to uncheck those parts of the bbos install that it would uninstall each of them. So I left them check marked thinking it was only going to update the new check mark which was the theme. What do I do to only install new themes and not the bbos all over again every time I update a new theme?
    If it is free and if it was downloaded from a dodgy site then remove it now! These files can corrupt your phone files and your phone itself. If not sorry can't help you (n)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-11 06:44 PM
    I dont think anyone seems to understand that Im talking about Desktop Manager installing bbos all over again...the theme is fine. Im apprently using Desktop Manager wrong somehow and Im asking how do I make sure to not install the bbos software again?
    09-09-11 06:53 PM
    Ohhhhh......... Just click on applications, import and find your alx file. Once done its loaded and BBOS will REBOOT not reload

09-09-11 06:56 PM
    If your using the applications tab in DM, it always tells you there's an update to the core OS(if you have it installed on your PC, and whether there's an actual update or not. Its a PITA I know) and loads that along with whatever you tell it to load.

Easiest way to load a theme onto your BB from your desktop is via a program called bbsak. You can load just the cod file, or the alx without having to deal with DM, and its super simple to use.

Personally the only thing I find DM useful for is backing up my data.

Home Of BBSAK(BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife)
    Last edited by homer1475; 09-09-11 at 07:03 PM.
    09-09-11 07:00 PM
    Hmm themes shouldn't take that long...my installations of themes are always less than a minute to install and change themes

09-09-11 07:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD