With my last BB I charged it for the first time for about 4 hours because I was so exicted that I wanted to play with it and couldn't wait any longer. It did last a good chunk of time though, about 3-4 days. Anyways, with my new device I want to charge it properly for the first time. How long should I charge it for? I'm not too happy because I just got the Motorola Renew W233 and the guy from Best Buy told me to charge it over night so it charged for about 9.5 hours and it's almost dead after literally 12 hours.. so I really don't want this to happen when I purchase my new BB (which will be whenever the Onyx or Storm 2 get released). Tomorrow I'm going back to Best Buy to change the battery (maybe it is just a defective one?)
    08-29-09 09:52 PM
    08-29-09 09:57 PM
    thanks dziekank! it is quite useful
    08-29-09 11:09 PM
    I always charge mine every night and use the phone a lot .. Still get 2 to 3 days out of it too

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-09 11:12 PM
    Curve..like most devices use a Li-Ion Battery. It has a shelf life from its date of Birth (manufacturing...) SO Charge it how you want. Charge at night, charge it in the car. Charge whenever. It doesn't have a memory. Thats a Myth. Infact Li-ION batteries LOVE to be topped off.
    08-29-09 11:43 PM
    thanks dziekank! it is quite useful
    No problem!
    08-29-09 11:46 PM
    I always charge mine every night and use the phone a lot .. Still get 2 to 3 days out of it too

2 to 3 days!?! I can never go a whole day without having to plug it in. Mu 8900 had to be topped off at least twice a day. The battery life on my new bold (strangely enough) is waaay better, but I still don't know how you are getting through 2 days lol

08-30-09 11:54 AM
    I can't make it a full day on my 8330. I keep it on the charger every chance I get.

08-30-09 01:11 PM
    Li-ION batteries LOVE to be topped off.
    I top my battery off all the time. It's rare that my battery meter is ever below 80%. In the office, at home, in the car -- I plug my BB in whenever it isn't full and get it back to a full charge just as a habit.

Aside from a few issues with my 8900 when I first got in (with that terrible .114 OS), I've never gotten to a point where I ran out of juice in any given day.

As our friend Enox says, there's nothing wrong with topping off the newer tech batteries and I do it all the time.
    08-30-09 02:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD