This was my plan when I got my BlackBerry Bold...

$17.50 for Voice
    $30 for 500MB Data which included the above (Call Display, Voice and Unlimited Text).

Over the weekend, I got my new 13" MacBook Pro and wanted to use Tethering so I called to make changes.

It was changed to 6GB for $30 as well but there was a misunderstanding. I checked my account yesterday and there was an additional $20 monthly fee for Smart Phone, I find out that this is the Call Display, Voice Mail & Unlimited Text.

It's only been a week and missed Caller ID but I'm not paying $20 for these, not even $8 just for the Caller ID. I tried asking if they I can change it back to my original plan but they increased it to $35?!?! So I made the decision to keep the 6GB because I do plan to Tether but I can't get it to work!!

How Important is Call Display, Voice Mail and/or Texting to you?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-09 08:38 AM
    Doesn't caller I'd, voicemail and text messaging come as part of your standard phone contract irrespecitve or BB data plans? Certainly if you had any other phone you'd have those included in your contract.

I've had those since my first Motorolla and they carried on automatically through all my phones up to and including my BB

Think you need to check what you are being charged for. Voicemail, text, caller I'd are all part of the standard phone contract!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-09 09:23 AM
    I have Caller ID, basic VM,Call waiting , as standard ....but Unlimited Text messaging/picture is extra though in a bundle package,as well as the data package of course. I like the text messaging and voice mail both and are important features to me .The VM for especially if for some reason did not get the phone call whether it be because phone is off or in a low signal area at least you will still get as VM when you turn phone back on or when back where signal is good again.
    Last edited by DavidNC; 07-09-09 at 09:47 AM.
    07-09-09 09:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD