Hello. I was scammed by this guy as well. Unfortunately I bought into all of his excuses. I questioned things along the way, but he already had my money so played it out to try to get the phones and/or my money back.
    We should both make police reports against this guy. I have done some research and have some information to follow up on this guy. I will not accept this!
    How do we contact each other outside this forum to further discuss? I am located in the Phoenix area as well and believe there has to be something we can do. I lost much more than what you mentioned and I will not go without a fight!
    I will be contacting the PD to file a report. The more people that do this the better, even if they think it will not help them.
    AND he is not on a business trip. This I know. He is just putting you off. He also told me that his wife Lisa Andrade has an FCC license and that is how they get the phones. He has given me a ton of excuses and if I listed them all you all would think how gullable I was, but to be honest, he already had my money so what could I do, but try to play it out.
    I will look forward to your response.
    09-13-09 01:00 AM
    Hello. I was scammed by this guy as well. Unfortunately I bought into all of his excuses. I questioned things along the way, but he already had my money so played it out to try to get the phones and/or my money back.
    We should both make police reports against this guy. I have done some research and have some information to follow up on this guy. I will not accept this!
    How do we contact each other outside this forum to further discuss? I am located in the Phoenix area as well and believe there has to be something we can do. I lost much more than what you mentioned and I will not go without a fight!
    I will be contacting the PD to file a report. The more people that do this the better, even if they think it will not help them.
    AND he is not on a business trip. This I know. He is just putting you off. He also told me that his wife Lisa Andrade has an FCC license and that is how they get the phones. He has given me a ton of excuses and if I listed them all you all would think how gullable I was, but to be honest, he already had my money so what could I do, but try to play it out.
    I will look forward to your response.

Its a little strange that your a brand new member and you found this post right away????? anyways i'll PM you my info
    09-13-09 01:08 AM
    So i just spoke to this person, and sure enough they are Legit, John Andrade also scammed her, the funny thing is he had mentioned their name before..that scamming *******!!!
    09-13-09 03:07 AM
    Caveat emptor

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-09 03:39 AM
    Wow. That's horrible. It's so hard these days to trust anyone, especially with our economy being so bad. More and more crooks seem to be crawling out of the woodworks to prey on others. Sorry this happened to you.

09-13-09 04:12 AM
    My 2 cents:
    No matter how small or large the "deal" is, especially with strangers (& some family members), involve a lawyer & get a contract. Or make a simple contract yourself on line & both sign it in front of a Notary.
    Always, with no exceptions: Get it in writing!
    Period.
    And I'm sorry you got scammed. I would be so p***ed!
    Good luck to both of you.

09-13-09 04:28 AM
    Okay.....I have an FCC First Class Engineering License with Broadcast Endorsement....which is the highest license issued by the FCC. That doesn't give me the right to sell or distribute Cell phones.

I think the only license that this husband and wife team have, is a license to STEAL.

Go Get Em.....
    09-13-09 06:05 AM
    Okay.....I have an FCC First Class Engineering License with Broadcast Endorsement....which is the highest license issued by the FCC. That doesn't give me the right to sell or distribute Cell phones.

I think the only license that this husband and wife team have, is a license to STEAL.

Go Get Em.....

oh we will, i spoke with the other person who got scammed and contacted me here on Crackberry, ... What goes around comes around NOTHING GOOD COMES FROM BAD MONEY, if that low life is proud of feeding his family from money he stole from people and can actually look at himself in the mirror every day ...
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 09-13-09 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Removed threats
    09-13-09 06:18 AM
    My 2 cents:
    No matter how small or large the "deal" is, especially with strangers (& some family members), involve a lawyer & get a contract. Or make a simple contract yourself on line & both sign it in front of a Notary.
    Always, with no exceptions: Get it in writing!
    Period.
    And I'm sorry you got scammed. I would be so p***ed!
    Good luck to both of you.

So instead of the OP sitting at home without his money and without any phones, he'd be sitting at home without his money, without any phones, holding a notarized pile of crap and a legal bill?

Unfortunately your suggestion wouldn't be of much help to him. For everyone saying this is the OP's fault, just remember that these scams work because the scammers are very good at what they do. This guy is having a face to face dinner with someone to gain their trust and take their money.

Instead of saying "scammer" let's use the right term: con man. Short for confidence man. That's how this works and it's not the OP's fault.
    09-13-09 06:32 AM
    Sorry you got scammed.
    Are you trying to run a business or is selling phones just a way to earn extra cash? When you sell a phone, how will you handle issues if a phone has problems? Will people be able to contact you after the sale?
    09-13-09 06:38 AM
    just remember that these scams work because the scammers are very good at what they do.

Instead of saying "scammer" let's use the right term: con man.
    Teriaki you are totally correct - and it reminds me of articles in the morning paper....except the articles are about Congressmen in Washington.
    09-13-09 06:40 AM
    Tarek307, I believe you are on the right track now. With two of you telling your story to the Police, they will listen.

Class Action litigation always works.
    09-13-09 06:42 AM
    Tarek307, I believe you are on the right track now. With two of you telling your story to the Police, they will listen.

Class Action litigation always works.
    Also, attempt to set up another meeting with the gentlemen, asking to increase your order slightly. Anything to reel him in. If he is wanted by the PD, then invite them along, and sure enough, they will get their man. Your money is as good as gone, but revenge is sweet. If the "con artist" is in fact a member of the site, and is reading this, its only a matter of time before you get what's coming to you.
    09-13-09 08:32 AM
    So instead of the OP sitting at home without his money and without any phones, he'd be sitting at home without his money, without any phones, holding a notarized pile of crap and a legal bill?

Unfortunately your suggestion wouldn't be of much help to him. For everyone saying this is the OP's fault, just remember that these scams work because the scammers are very good at what they do. This guy is having a face to face dinner with someone to gain their trust and take their money.

Instead of saying "scammer" let's use the right term: con man. Short for confidence man. That's how this works and it's not the OP's fault.
    Wow, didn't mean to make you or anyone angry.
    All I'm trying to say is, w/o "something" in writing it's just his word against the "low lifes". Unfortunately the days of "hand shakes" & "give you my word" deal days is waaayyyy over. People have better luck "in court" (if it comes to that) w/ written documentation. & I'm hoping that one or both of them did.
    & I think he's kind-of a stupid con-man for giving out his real name!! I mean, come on!!! Major fail if you can't think that far ahead!!
    @ OP, I wish you the best of luck in this.
    **Stepping out of this thread since I seem to be stepping on toes but I will keep reading it!!!** )

Last edited by StoneColdx; 09-13-09 at 08:55 AM.
    09-13-09 08:41 AM
    Is there anyone who might be able to step up as a new client? Maybe a police detective would be willing to act as a client to set up a new meeting. All this guy would have to do is show up for the initial "dinner meeting" and could be arrested on any current warrants.

Since it now sounds like you are in contact with a couple of people who got scammed, going to the police together should be able to get some sort of action going.

How did all of you find out about this guy in the first place? Did he initally contact you, or did you contact him? Whoever sets up a new meeting should probably do it the same way, just with the police laying in wait.
    09-13-09 09:23 AM
    No offense but if you're ever buying whole sale you're definitely buying around 5000 phones. Why would someone sell 6 phones for less then they could on craigslist?

He has a warrant? Do some leg work get him prosecuted then sue him.

09-13-09 09:38 AM
    Sorry you got scammed.
    Are you trying to run a business or is selling phones just a way to earn extra cash? When you sell a phone, how will you handle issues if a phone has problems? Will people be able to contact you after the sale?
    09-13-09 05:09 PM
    Wow, that just sucks�

09-13-09 05:17 PM
    wow that sucks sorry to hear hopefully it works out somehow for you
    09-13-09 06:50 PM

Thats not a response.....are you also scamming people? lol how ironic would that be? hehe
    09-14-09 10:41 AM
    I just think its funny ur all givin advice and what not on the forum while this con-man is a member of the forums and probs read this thread... take it to pm's man... it's totally bull**** u got scammed and so did another person... just my .02
    09-14-09 11:05 AM
    JOHN ANDRADE, PHOENIX, AZ "PROFESSIONAL SCAMMER"
    480-231-8614

<Since posting this, another person from this forum has come out and said they were scammed by him as well>

So as some of you had seen, i posted a few items for sale in the for sale section, sold and got good feedback from a CB member. Now i'm out of inventory, out of money after i had buit a website based on some scammers promises...here is how it goes..

i wanted to expand my business and find a good supplier of wholesale Blackberrys, i searched for phones on Craigslist and came across a guy named JOHN ANDRADE of Phoenix, AZ who said he can supply and that his wife has an FCC liscense and he gets the phones cheap.

I met with John Andrade for dinner last weak, he assured me he can supply, i asked to see inventory he explained he doesn't keep inventory and gets the devices dropshipped to him, this is actually not strange in this business. The next day i met him for dinner again and ordered 1 curve 8900, 1 Bold 9000 1 Tour 9630 & 2 iphone 3GS , i gave him a down payment of $775 and the rest i said i would give on delivery, now mind you this guy seemed like a gentleman, he was older, spoke well, ect...He gave me a reciept for my money and i took down his Drivers Liscense number, he said i would have the products within 1 day, i said great.

The next day came around, nothing, i said ok maybe its because its the holiday weekend, he said they will be in Tuesday, Tuesday came around he started ignoring my calls and telling me the products are on the FEDEX truck but said he doesn't have the tracking with him...wendsday came around, again he avoided me, told me he has the products but is busy and can't' give them to me, Thursday came and he started cussing at me telling me i "only care about myself" are you kidding me? this guy is Nuts...anyways he finally sends me a text and tells me " i believe in Karma and just lost $200 today so i will give you your things back" ofcourse after he wont answer his phone or anything!

i called the Phoenix PD, they said he is already wanted but would not tell me why, then i searched JOHN ANDRADE A&A general contracting online *his business card* and found that he has scammed a few people as well...

so long story short BE CAREFUL WHO YOU DO BUSINESS WITH... this guy is a member of this forum but i dont know his user name..if anyone here in Phoenix is doing business with anyone BE VERY CAREFUL..this guy is a snake & a theif, and sooner or later he will go down!!
    Really useful post....I hate scammers
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f140/fe...cammer-280680/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f140/re...-sites-309537/
    its the same guy who scammed you...again sorry!
    09-14-09 11:19 AM
    Thats not a response.....are you also scamming people? lol how ironic would that be? hehe

lol, i didn't respond because the **** who left the first comment was asking me a ******** question! i've already sold on Crackberry & have an excellent review! http://forums.crackberry.com/f14/wts...91/index2.html
    Scamming or Stealing doesn't get anyone anywhere, BAD MONEY IS BAD MONEY & NOTHING GOOD EVER EVER EVER COMES FROM IT, you better believe that,

That jerkoff JOHN ANDRADE who scammed me is a pure lowlife, so far 4 people have come forward from Craigs list and said he has scammed them too....you'll see him on the News or on TV in Sheriff Joe Arpaios jail very soon!
    Last edited by tarek307; 09-16-09 at 04:20 AM.
    09-16-09 04:16 AM
    wow that really sucks, scammers should get a life
    09-16-09 11:09 AM
    Sorry to hear that. I'm sure looking back, there's probably a couple of things you could have done differently.

I know how convincing some scammers can be as I have also been a victim of a scam. Hope you are able to get something out of it though I wouldn't be too optimistic.
    09-16-09 12:58 PM
114 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD