Hello all,

I picked up my daughters curve yesterday. She was using it to find some old numbers. My family are all iPhone users now. It felt good in my hands and I longed for the days past. I said to myself, "man I miss this phone". I'm not sure if my reasoning has been expressed for why I left BB, if so my apologizes. Simply put, for the money I was paying my phone service I was not getting the maximum phone performance that was available. It was a financial decision. I could continue to pay my bill and look at a small screen, or get a bigger screen for the same price. Then once I left BB, they had no answer for me to come back. Now BB10 is here but I have apple TV, iPad, Mac. All things that work with what I have in my house. My reason for leaving BB was a financial move. Beat me up if you must. I was simply trying to bring another perspective to why BB has lost users.
    08-23-13 07:25 PM
    No one should beat you up. Heard it many times. You aren't special.
    08-23-13 07:32 PM
    I see no real reason why you posted this.
    08-23-13 07:36 PM
    You decided how best to spend your own money. Blackberry's sales figures don't lie. For my part, I am loving my Z10 which was half the price of an iPhone. I have an iPad which I love, but for communication on the go, for me, it has to be Blackberry.

Not sure how much longer I will have the option though...
    Elite1 likes this.
    08-23-13 07:37 PM
    Loves labours lost perhaps?
    08-23-13 07:38 PM
    I know what you mean OP, buying any and everything electronic only to realize it's not compatible with BlackBerry but is compatible with everything else can be trying.
    As stated you spent your money for your device for your reasons so enjoy no one can or should fault you for that.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 07:41 PM
    Sounds good. I have a mac book and a Z10 and i dont see how finances come in to play. if you are talking about apps you still have to purchase apps for different form factors. You can say it, you did what your family did, its nothing wrong with that but don't call it a financial move, it sounds like you are justifying your reason for leaving.
    SK122387 likes this.
    08-23-13 07:43 PM
    I am not trying to be special. I wanted to give a different perspective. What's your beef?
    h20work likes this.
    08-23-13 07:47 PM
    Well, no one is knocking you for switching, unless it's fanboys. When better alternatives presented themselves, some made the switch, some stayed. But really, they weren't better alternatives, you probably just identified your needs which weren't in what BlackBerry had to offer. CB-Kevin's hierarchy of needs is really great for explaining this.

Back when BlackBerry was the hottest thing, it was pretty much the only option, top of the top in smartphones... Then came the iPhone. Most people didn't really put thought into it, they just gravitated to what they wanted: web browsing, video, pictures, etc

It's normal. Deuces!
    08-23-13 07:53 PM
    sjmartin007. If I can buy a ford focus, or get a Toyota Camry for the same price???
    08-23-13 07:58 PM
    I understand exactly what Op is saying. It is what I feel from time when I see a Bold 9900 in the wild. I loved my bold 9650. Though I didn't originally leave for financial reasons - I actually decided to give BlackBerry a try after having used android for a year or two and loved it. I actually had an issue with someone vandalizing my blackberry amongst other situations. Anyhow later I went back to android and would have liked to go back with BB as the Bold was probably my favorite phone, it didn't make sense to pay the same price or more for a device that lacked features I'd become used to using. I don't use many apps, nor am I into the latest and greatest trend that's going on. To give an example - I happen to love Windows Phone and the lack of apps want a big deal for the most part. It was just that, before bb10 it made no sense to make the switch back, though I really wanted to. Now that BB10 is here there's a lot to consider, as even the reviews on Crackberry tend to go either way, but that's another topic.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4
    08-23-13 08:12 PM
    It was your reason and quite honestly, not necessary to post. Don't know if anyone comes to CB looking for a different perceptive on why her/she should leave BB. It's a personal choice and most people come to those conclusions, as you did, on their own.

Regardless, glad you now have a device you feel provides better value. Cheers.
    08-23-13 08:35 PM
    I dont care why.

BB Z10 Rocks!
    SK122387 likes this.
    08-23-13 08:39 PM
    You see no one, particularly those associated with BlackBerry, care why you are leaving.
    They don't understand that losing 10% of your base - from 80mm to 72mm in 6 months isn't sustainable.

They know how great the BlackBerry is, and you just don't get it.

Keep Moving. Enjoy your strategic alternatives.
    08-23-13 08:56 PM
    He just said he was giving another perspective to why some users left. A real enough reason since there has been all this where Blackberry went wrong on crackberry lately
    Donvald likes this.
    08-23-13 09:00 PM
    I am not trying to be special. I wanted to give a different perspective. What's your beef?
    People get defensive here when you make suggestions or give constructive criticism to how Blackberry can improve. They wanna call you a hater or troll when your not even bashing BlackBerry like that. Trust me I know from experience. I to was sad to leave blackberry for other reasons and made a post about it having all hell break loose. If your post isn't Blackberry cheer leading then you become a troll real quick LOL
    helio9965 and Donvald like this.
    08-23-13 09:05 PM
    I dont care why.

BB Z10 Rocks!
    You cared enough to read and comment on it.
    Eric Ton and 93Aero like this.
    08-23-13 09:10 PM
    I dont care why.
    Bless your little heart, born without an irony gene...
    Eric Ton, reeneebob and bp3dots like this.
    08-23-13 09:14 PM
    Have to do what's best for you. BB10 is an amazing platform though. If you had tried it before switching I'm sure you would have stayed with BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    3_M4N likes this.
    08-23-13 09:16 PM
    People get defensive here when you [...] give constructive criticism to how Blackberry can improve.
    Well the only thing he said was along the lines of

"Smartphone value = screen size"

How constructive is that?

I mean...as long as a thread like this lacks any substance I don't care. It's just filling the forums with trash. Seems to be somehow cool these days to give CB a visit and open a thread about how great other phones are because they have Instagram and bigger screens. Don't get me wrong, what I mean is:

WE GOT THE MESSAGE. THIS IS NOT CONSTRUCTIVE BY ANY MEANS ANYMORE.

Posted via CB10
    3_M4N likes this.
    08-23-13 09:28 PM
    Thanks David. I switched a long time ago. I still have an iPhone 4, and I don't expect to upgrade any time soon. I just had no alternative to the money I was spending on my carrier bill. It needed to be maximized. I MISS MY CURVE!! Return just did not match carrier payment. Not directed at you, but what about that is hard to understand.
    08-23-13 09:37 PM
    What is it about you can't understand maximizing your financial input?
    08-23-13 09:38 PM
    Pay $100 and have a small screen, or pay $100 and have a bigger screen, with the same capabilities.
    08-23-13 09:41 PM
    If you left because of bang for your buck you should have at least gone to Android. Iphones are not the best thing for your money either.

But hey, what do I know.

Posted by my new Z10 running 10.2.0.1047 via CB10
    08-23-13 09:47 PM
    I just had not seen anyone talk about what they were spending (carrier expense) verses what they were getting in return, when it came to the phone they had. This was just my scenario.
    08-23-13 09:48 PM
50 12