Right have a look at the screenshot below.

I started writing an SMS, accidentally hit some shortcut thing (I do it all the time) and my draft is saved into the conversation, as you can see.

Then I can start a fresh draft, with the old draft put to one side in the thread.

Image blurred to protect privacy

I'm determined to find out how to do this because I keep doing it by accident and it would actually be a really handy feature if I could use it properly!
    05-18-11 07:19 AM
    you can just close out of the sms and open it back up and you should have the cursor after where you started typing the prior message
    05-18-11 07:23 AM
    I actually saw this for the first time yesterday while I was fixing someone's Blackberry 8530.
    I would like to know what it is.
    05-18-11 07:24 AM
    you can just close out of the sms and open it back up and you should have the cursor after where you started typing the prior message
    Yes I know that.

I'm saying what I've done above is somehow create two drafts. You can see the second one sitting at the bottom of the conversation, indicated by the little green icon.

The ". I'll" message hasn't been sent.
    05-18-11 07:25 AM
  5. T
    Looks like a great feature, but there's just one problem ... I can't read your messages; they're all blurry!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-11 08:09 AM
    I've tweeted @BlackBerryHelp - hopefully they'll be able to help.

If everyone could do the same, that would maybe help us find an answer to this!

Send them this link: http://bit.ly/k3HHm2 to show them the screenshot
    I actually saw this for the first time yesterday while I was fixing someone's Blackberry 8530.
    I would like to know what it is.
    If you find an answer, hunt out this thread and let me know please mate!
    Looks like a great feature, but there's just one problem ... I can't read your messages; they're all blurry!

Haha will being able to read my messages really help you with this?
    05-18-11 09:59 AM
    Sorry to keep at this, but I'd REALLY like the answer.

05-18-11 05:23 PM
    "BlackBerryHelp" said
    Try resetting your SMS database. Backup your data and follow the steps in KB10167-How to clear the user content databases from the BlackBerry smartphone to clear it. Test before data restore ^HF
    I replied
    I don't want to fix it, I thought it was a feature - I want to do it by choice? How do you trigger it?
    ... no response
    05-21-11 09:37 AM
    Looks like this will remain a mystery then, this will be the last time I bump it up.

I really would have liked to know how to do this though. It's especially handy when you're writing out a text, then another text from the same person comes in. So you want to write an entirely different reply, but not necessarily lose what you'd written.
    05-23-11 08:01 AM
    Lol, I can read the blurred messages
    05-23-11 10:19 PM

I think the person who wrote this blurred it on purpose because I think it may be private........
    05-24-11 05:34 AM
    Lol, I can read the blurred messages
    Haha I thought you might be able to! I convinced myself I could only read them because I knew what they said in the first place.

They're nothing incriminating or anything, just thought I'd make the effort.

Here's another example of it happening again...

(and another challenge for you SCrid2000)
    05-29-11 04:31 PM
    You spelled ricotta wrong.

Other than that, I don't know. I have tried but am unable to duplicate it. What OS are you using?
    05-29-11 06:34 PM
    Haha I did go back and change that, I'm sure.

8900/5.0.0.681

Obviously others have come across this too. (See above)

05-29-11 08:17 PM
    Haha I thought you might be able to! I convinced myself I could only read them because I knew what they said in the first place.

They're nothing incriminating or anything, just thought I'd make the effort.

Here's another example of it happening again...

(and another challenge for you SCrid2000)
    much better blur job here
    05-30-11 10:08 PM
    Still no word on this - pretty weird. Seems to be happening to me more and more often now.
    06-07-11 11:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD