I just visited the boostmobile.com website
    wow $60 unlimited everything blackberry
    is there service going to be just as good as any bb service?
    that is just an unbelievable low price.
    I currently use sprint and I know that boostmobile is
    owned by sprint but I am wondering if anything will be
    crippled on the device or service. anyone have any
    input or current data regarding this? they are offering
    a curve 8330 with a 5.0 OS for $249
    01-21-10 04:55 PM
    I am sher it will be fine, until you leave the city limits.
    01-21-10 04:58 PM
    tmo unlimited everything is 79.99.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-10 05:03 PM
    that $60 includes roaming and taxes
    01-21-10 06:09 PM
    I just don't know why they picked the 8330 when they could have gotten the 8350i.
    It would be nice to have a blackberry and direct connect at the same time.
    I am also curious how good the blackberry plan would be compared to the $50 unlimited plan.
    01-21-10 06:34 PM
    Its a CDMA version that will run on the sprint network. Un-beatable pricing. I'll give a full report when I receive the first one and fire it up!
    01-21-10 09:57 PM
    No verification or anything, and although it does only have 450 minutes, those are landline minutes. The Any Mobile, Anytime feature allows you to have unlimited minutes when calling a number on ANY mobile carrier. Unlimited messaging, and nights start at 7pm.
    Exactly. The sprint plan is clearly the better deal with better covereage. And to those saying they don't want a contract, you can get the new 8530 for $30, add the cancellation fee and that's $230. Still $20 LESS then the cost of the boost 8330, for an 8530.

So unless your credit is in the toilet, sprint is the better deal.
    01-22-10 12:42 AM
    hey guys, the boostmobile unlitied plan for $60 is the doo doo !! i bought my wife the 8330 when it came out and it works flawlessly...no worries about signal / coverage as we live in the outskirts with no issues....i have a sprint sero acct, so we pretty much have the same service....except that i dont talk people's ears off! as soon as you call in to activate, the lil arrows go nuts with updates and all the goodies start to appear...the problem is PAM; we bluetoothed her laptop to her i465 with no problem...not sure if modem driver is the problem or not...since its so new, i figured i would wait a lil bit to see what the workaround will be....if we have to buy tetherberry, it will pay for itself in about 30 mins...hahahah....don't hesitate, do it !!
    02-18-10 01:07 AM
    any updates to blackberry on boost are any features crippled
    06-10-10 05:22 AM
    I have had my Boost 8330 for 6 mos and have had not had to call CS once. It came with OS 5.0.0.438 so I have not seen any OS updates. As stated in Boosts specs the only thing it won't do is BES and conference calls. I have had to remove a lot of fluff I have no use for as OS .438 is a bit bloated but have never once had to call CS for any issues. From what I have seen here on CB in the forums I feel fortunate to not have any other bb or carrier. The only suggestion I would have is to check Sprints coverage in your area. Luckily where I live Sprint is everywhere. I have been 200 miles outside of my locale and still had full coverage and internet capabilities. My experience with the Boost bb has been by far the very best I have ever had with any phone or carrier.

06-10-10 10:46 AM
    I was checking into this the other day cause $60 is a steal and the CSR was saying the service was like I-wireless. It pretty much depends on where you live and is a perfect deal for people who dont plan on traveling alot. Just thinking about leaving verizon next year when my contract is up and might go to the GSM side.
    06-10-10 11:51 AM
    It's not GSM it's Sprints 3G CMDA network. And it only depends on Sprints coverage areas. Most CSR's are clueless.

06-10-10 01:17 PM
    Cricket is supposed to get the 8520 this summer with a similar plan.
    06-10-10 01:41 PM
    Boost isn't a bad deal. For $60 bucks with 3G, unlimited SMS/MMS/data/voice, any CDMA phone that is available (probably you can use Sprint's phones), and Sprint's network, it's not bad.
    06-10-10 02:21 PM
    My T-Mo unlimited everything with 3g is $70 a month. The only drawback is you have to buy your own phone.

06-10-10 02:35 PM
    Boost uses the sprint network so you should be good to go most anywhere you go.
    06-11-10 10:12 AM
    My bro-in-law got the 8530 with Boost and he's had no issues. He's in the military and travels a lot and hasn't complained about any service issues. I'm a Sprint user and also travel a lot and have never had problems with service except for this one little patch while driving through West Virginia.
    06-11-10 01:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD