I have my own blog and has recently written a post about Blackberry Classic. I have read a lot of reviews and seen videos on YouTube and the majority of reviews has been very positive. What do you who own a Blackberry Classic think about this smartphone and would you recommend me to buy one?
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    10-12-16 11:38 AM
    If you want a great phone for typing and blogging... the Classic might be the best phone out there (sorry Passport).

But it is almost a two year old design, powered by hardware from almost four years ago, running an OS that was pretty much ended 18 months ago... few security patches are still promised to come. And it's app market relies on Android 4.3 from about three years ago. It has peaked....

Some here still love it and would buy another, other would tell you its a wast of money. Only you can decide what fits your needs..
    grydlok, krazyatom and TgeekB like this.
    10-12-16 11:49 AM
    The phone I find it to be a good communicator and the keyboard is the best or if not one of the best keyboards that BlackBerry has to offer . It's a compact phone that gets things done without all the bells and whistles.
    The only thing I don't really like about it is the screen is to small and not sure how long BB10 is going to be available for updates. Oh yeah, really like how it is solidly built and how it fits comfortably in hand.
    If you want more from a phone Passport or Priv I would recommend. Other than that the Classic would be a real good choice for your basic needs.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-12-16 12:11 PM
    Oh don't forget to look at the dates of when these You Tube Videos were posted that might help you with your decision also .

10-12-16 12:18 PM
    I have my own blog and has recently written a post about Blackberry Classic. I have read a lot of reviews and seen videos on YouTube and the majority of reviews has been very positive. What do you who own a Blackberry Classic think about this smartphone and would you recommend me to buy one?
    Love the Classic. Don't worry about the so called EOL BB10. Many of us are still using (warning the following may prove disturbing to some readers) even older (insert various forms of gasping, ululating, & clutching of pearls & maybe a few utterances of "Think of the children!" for good measure) legacy PKB devices like the Bold 9900, and surprise! We. Are. Doing fine! Thriving in fact! My only problem is deciding whether to grab my Bold or my Classic, each day.

I don't need to play the latest games. I don't need to watch movies. I don't use WhatsSnap or InstaTwit. I write! I make phone calls. Occasionally I check the price of nearby fill stations.

So, roundabout way of saying:
    Dear Mr. Hagglund: If what you want is a great physical keyboard phone, Classic is in the top three. You will love it. Be not afraid. Enjoy.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-12-16 12:39 PM
    After 6 months using the Classic (previous phone was a Passport) I have been impressed with its versatility. Firing mails, messages and calls is very easy due to the pkb and dedicated buttons.
    Battery lasts the whole day (7am to 10pm usage with a 20% left) and the pkb shortcuts enhance the functionality of the phone a lot. Music app is decent and video (using FastTube) too. Is a workhorse and usually doesn't feel slow when compared to the Passport. Also is extremely portable and solid.
    Now, it is not a media darling so for videos or games I use the Ipad or the Passport. In fact, due to the phone screen size and specs I find myself wasting less time glued to the phone as when I was using the Passport or my former IPhone 5.

Posted via CB10 from Passport
    10-12-16 01:05 PM
    I don't have a Classic currently but I used to have a Q10 when it came out a couple of years ago.

I feel like the Classic is now what legacy BB devices like the Bold used to be back then.

It's good for basic messaging like e-mail and text, and generally writing. It is reliable and still has a very professional look to it. BB10 is nice if you can deal with strong limitations.

You just have to be aware that the app store (BlackBerry World) is a wasteland, whatsapp support will be ceased and BBM is about the only working instant messenger.

10-12-16 01:08 PM
    I have a love/hate relationship with my Classic.

I love the keyboard, absolutely love it. Out of the four or five keyboard phones I've had (although no prior ones were BlackBerry), it's the best. I do a lot of text/email, so the keyboard is very important for me.

I like BB10 better than Android. It just seems to work better and more intuitively.

I never thought I'd like centralized messaging, but I love the Hub.

Blend is very cool and neat, although I honestly don't use it very often. I really should use it more while I still can.

The lack of apps is a moderate annoyance, but not enough that I'd dump the phone over it.

But I hate the radio. This might be (and probably is) due to T-Mobile's network, so YMMV. Even on HSPA, my reception is often poorer than it was on my previous non-LTE phones. This, combined with a lack of LTE band 12 (which T-Mo relies on for building penetration) support, has led to me losing network a lot more often. Because of this problem, I've been exploring my options for a replacement even though I've had the Classic for only about 15 months. There isn't much out there though. Hoping the Mercury actually comes out and isn't a total wash like the Priv.

Posted on my Model M
    10-22-16 09:28 AM
    Got one of the 1st batch from 12/2014 and that Classic is just running perfectly, never ever had any issues with it and it's my main device, basically running permanently through since I got it in 2014 only restarting after an leaked update and that was beginning this year.

Posted either via -Passport SQW100-1 or -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    10-22-16 11:15 AM