Ok so I know people have asked if it was possible and curious but is there a way to get old texts? I was watching the local news and guess what came up in court and news...., you guessed it text messages between the defendant and accuser.
    I am not worried about getting caught up in anything I just want to know since the mobile companies are keeping these how could I get some of them.
    07-24-08 01:07 AM
    Well, I know someone who does Forensics for RIM on the Blackberry platform. I know it takes 72 hrs for a Pearl. I'm not sure this can be done by the casual user.
    07-24-08 01:22 AM
    Yeah. The service provider has a log of texts sent to/from your phone. Not that you'll ever see them but I think the csr's have access to them. Not that they could print them or send them to you, but they can see them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by kickinitlive247; 07-24-08 at 02:28 AM.
    07-24-08 02:25 AM
    Yeah. The service provider has a log of texts sent to/from your phone. Not that you'll ever see them but I think the csr's have access to them. Not that they could print them or send them to you, but they can see them.

only the logs not the text itself
    07-24-08 02:34 AM
    i swear the csr was reading my texts to me over the phone...and not recent ones
    these were from a month ago
    but maybe things have changed that happened in 2006
    07-24-08 05:10 AM
    only the logs not the text itself
    Whole texts are kept. Seriously, when I was watching the news they blocked out part of the number and showed the messages as one big convo. c
    07-24-08 06:23 AM
    Don't you watch CSI , They do keep records of your text message. Read this article. Police Blotter: Verizon forced to turn over text messages - CNET News.com
    07-24-08 07:15 AM
    I now feel a little less secure...

I am being watched
    07-24-08 07:25 AM
    Don't you watch CSI , They do keep records of your text message. Read this article. Police Blotter: Verizon forced to turn over text messages - CNET News.com
    Holy goodness I read that and verizon keeps your email traffic but not the actual messages. They keep your texts in there entirety and cops only need a subpoena not even a warrant to get them. That is ri-freakin-diculous
    07-24-08 12:25 PM
    thats F*ckin scary...I used to use texting all the time when I was hustlin bud the past 8 years...thank god Im done with that. Started off with the nextels than went to regular phones due to paranoia lol
    07-24-08 01:06 PM
    Eh I'm not worried. Most interesting thing they'd get from my text log would be some racy ones with some language, drunken ones, and maybe some angry ones with a lot of CAPS and curse words. Read on Sprint, glad to entertain you!

07-24-08 02:42 PM
    Yup thanks to legislation in the name of national security only meeting in person is private. All other forms of communication can be obtained by government and law enforcement agencies without your knowledge. Bank account records, internet usage logs (they log everything you do on the internet). The only way you retain privacy is to not use any electroics at all and go back to the dark ages of TV via antenna and only connection to the outside world is the power line for electricity. But they can still use fancy spy audio and visual gear to spy on you even with cutting off all the other stuff. So to those truely paranoid you will want to line your walls with materials like lead, copper, and whatever other materials will block the spy gear. Oh and don't forget trhe foil suit when outside so that spy satelites can't be used to track you when you set foot outside.

07-25-08 12:46 AM
    Oh no big brother is watchin!
    Let me go get my tin foil hat
    07-25-08 02:58 AM
    Eh I'm not worried. Most interesting thing they'd get from my text log would be some racy ones with some language, drunken ones, and maybe some angry ones with a lot of CAPS and curse words. Read on Sprint, glad to entertain you!

lol, i hear you SexyLady!! mine too =P
    07-25-08 08:49 AM
    Oh no big brother is watchin!
    Let me go get my tin foil hat
    hahaha too funny, but im going to stick to my armadilla helment
    07-25-08 08:58 AM
    Why does anyone care if they log everything you do? Think about it, they log you and how many millions of others?

If you've ever seen a database of emails and network traffic from a company of 100 people (and I have) you suddenly realize no one can ever have any idea what you are doing unless they have a reason to.

So don't worry about it, unless you've given someone a reason to look closely at you.
    07-25-08 11:04 AM
    Yeah. I like the feeling that someone is watching me. It makes me feel all warm inside. I wish the government had more control over my life

*(I'm just saying that to make them happy)
    07-25-08 12:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD